“Great place for Divers. Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars

Blue Angel Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2.2 km Costera Sur, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Chicago, Illinois
“Great place for Divers. Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was a little nervous booking this place having been to Cozumel a few times and knowing it is located a walk from the downtown area. I booked this place with short notice and didn't have any issues in the process. The staff was more then willing to work with me even in changing my dates.

This trip was to dive and that is what I did. The staff at Blue Angel was amazing! From the front desk to the restaurant and of course the dive staff. Everyone was more then willing to go out of their way to make sure that you were being taken care of.

Hotel Grounds - The grounds of the resort a small, but loved the layout. It was so easy to run back to the room if I forgot something before the boat left. I was disappointed that the pool was being repaired the whole time I was there, but not a big deal. Eva allowed guest to use her's, although I didn't go over there.

Room- The rooms are nothing to get excited about. They are rather large and mine even had a mini fridge (I think all of them do). The best part is every room has an ocean view. I had a small tree in part of my view, but it was still amazing!

Restaurant - I didn't have anything that I didn't like here. I enjoyed all the food and drinks. The views from the restaurant amazing. I always tried to get there 30 mins before sun set to get a table along with rail overlooking the water. Loved it! The only issues I had was one day for lunch there was really bad service. It was a result of a cruise ship being in and all the people on a tour stopping there. Not a big deal though. I thought the prices were reasonable and if I was staying here would sure go back; however I wouldn't make a special trip if in Cozumel and not staying here.

Diving - The selling point on this hotel for me was the shore diving. They offer unlimited shore diving, and it was decent. There was a ton of sea life 20m off the shore. Not the easiest shore entry, but not horrible. I did 3 shore dives when I was there. I would recommend doing them at different times of day to get a change what is out. The boat dives were amazing. I went out with George 3 times, he did an excellent job. He made sure to point one things that were around. When I left it was between the "I dove with George" and BAD [--] (Blue Angel DiveShop And Scuba School) shirt.

I can't say enough good things about this place. So much so, I ran into a few divers in Playa and they ended up coming over and staying at the same hotel. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is the single best no-frills diver's hotel in Cozumel. The rooms are not luxury, but nice and clean. There is no beach, but it is on the water with decent shore diving. There is a nice pool. The palapa restaurant is excellent for breakfast, lunch and especially dinner, when the chef has some really great dishes prepared. The dive shop is great with gear lockers, rinse tanks and instructors, if needed. Fabulous drinks in the restaurant all day. Short distance from town by taxi. This is the place to come to for relaxation, diving, winding down in a hammock under a palm with a nice pina colada, or reading a book, not to mention the great sunsets every day. And also for a great price.

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean. I kind of like the upper rooms to see the ocean from a higher angle, but...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kingwood, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed at the Blue Angle Resort for a week (10/21-10/28) while SCUBA diving. All the staff was great. The dive masters were outstanding. They know where the good stuff is to see. Just let them know what you would like to see, they will take you there. After you get back from your morning of diving you can get a good meal from the restaurant . Eva was always around to make your afternoon even more enjoyable. I would recommend the Blue angle to everyone and will go again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Taylors, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Spent another great week at Blue Angel. As always the staff was friendly and helpful. When the airport van dropped me at the curb, the desk clerk popped out and greeted me by name, grabbed one of my bags, and already had my folio pulled. We were all set to go.

The room was clean and comfortable. I found that some prior guest had damaged teh alarm clock, and when I told the desk clerk, he immediately replaced it. No problem. As always, there is fresh drinking water in the cooler at teh end of the "hall."

Some minor repairs were underway in the lobby and are probably done by now. The staff worked hard to avoid any inconvenience to us. I was pleased to see that wireless had been upgraded to provide access in the rooms as well as the restaurant and lobby. A nce feature is the lobby phone that provides free calls to the US and Canada. VERY handy.

I've never stayed anywhere else on the island and really see no reason to do so. The price is right and the service is excellent.

I'll be booking another week in January.

Room Tip: This is a diver's hotel and caters to that clientel. If you want luxury, this is not the place...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I came to Cozumel to scuba in July, these guys are awesome and the service was excellent too I did not stay at the hotel but the scuba business and restaurant was very good I am coming back in November and I highly recommend this place

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I love Blue Angel! Friendly staff, great food, great dive masters, I can't say enough good about Blue Angel! I'm a single female and staying there I feel as safe as in my own home. The staff goes out of their way to ensure your comfort. Dive master and boat captain are the best! Blue Angel welcomes you and everyone is like family!

Stayed August 2012
northern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

A small hotel with large rooms, a small fridge ,minisplit AC (yay!) and great service.
We got a special Sept deal, including room, diving and 3 excellent meals/day.
The room overlooked the pool and the ocean...couldn't have picked a better spot.
Liked the location a lot too...between the town of San Miguel and the Southern cruiseship pier...so away from the taxis and the noise. If ambitious a 20 min walk into town..we had rented a VW Beatle from ISIS,which got us around nicely.
Did I say good food? Did I say shrimp dinners? I turned into a shrimpaholic there. Garlic shrimp fajitas...WOW!
Anyway, we are already making plans to return to the Angel next year..for a longer stay!!!

Room Tip: We liked being on the bottom floor for lazyness sake, but then had no neigbors to walk by,ince the h...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Angel Resort? Share your experiences!