“Absolutely Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2011

This was my first visit to Cozumel and I can't imagine being any other place. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were nice, spacious and right on the ocean so the views are amazing. We visited a variety of restaurants in Cozumel and the Blue Angel's restaurant was among the best. They had live music which was fantasic and the Chimichanga's are to die for! The staff were absolutely amazing, actually taking the time to get to know the guests and always had smiles on their faces, making you feel at home. With a dive shop on the resort, I was able to get my certification while I was there, and got to see some of the most amazing underwater life. Thanks to Eva for the push to do it and Matteo for being an absolute pleasure while teaching me to dive and being patient while I struggled through! I had an amazing time and would highly reccomend Blue Angel to anyone, Diver or not!

Room Tip: The rooms on the main floor have patio doors leading to the pool and oceanfront. Ideal for accessib...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

We had a great time here. The staff couldn't have been nicer and the hotel is very well kept. Close to town but not to close, easy to get a cab if you need one. I needed a Dentist when we were there and the owner found me a wonderful one and even took me to get treated. How much more can you ask for. Can't wait to go back

Palmyra, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

If your looking for clean, comfortable, great staff and a wonderful ocean view- this is the place for you!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Chino Hills, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011

Thanks to Eva, Jorge, Pony, Martin, Jose, Sergio, Gustavo, and EZ as well as all the kind, sweet, wonderful divers we were blessed to spend time with! We stayed and dove over a 7 day period and had an amazing time.

I'd like to give special props to Eva and crew for helping me out during a personal emergency. I arrived on the island suffering form a bout of kidney stones. The pain began during the flight from LAX, and by the second day, I was in unbearable agony. Eva called ahead to the local clinic, and Gustavo drove me to town. He came in with me and made sure we were taken care of, and hung out until he was sure I was in good hands and comfortable. Within minutes the nurses and doctors had me hooked up to an IV and some lovely pain meds. They all spoke english and spent a lot of time with me asking me questions and helping me out. A few hours later I was well hydrated and pain free having endured the passing of a bunch of tiny (sand) stones. Gustavo was there to pick me up and took me to three different Pharmacias to get my meds filled. I would never have gotten that level of service at the local urgent care here in California. I was able to get back to diving after a couple of days, and was just so thankful for the help.

In addition to all of this, I went to the dive shop between my waves of agony, and asked if my 17 year old daughter would be allowed to dive without me if she wanted. They assured me that she would be well looked after. Jorge the DM shook my hand and gave me his personal assurance that he would take care of her!! He, as well as the other great divers on the boat adopted her as their own and showed her a couple of great days of wonderful safe diving - she didn't even miss me!!!

From the front desk to the end of the dive dock, everyone at BA really makes you feel like family, and we can't wait to go back! If you want fancy/Disney, or are offended by not having everything be hermetically sealed and fabricated, then you might want to look elsewhere. It's not the Hyatt, and it's not trying to be. The road can be noisy, and the doors a bit thin. It could be said that the place is a tad quaint, but for us that is part of the charm! - The owners care, the staff cares, and the people that stay there are some of the sweetest you could hope for. Everyone talks, hangs out and really makes each other feel very loved! Viva la familia Blue Angel!!!

Room Tip: We prefer the lower rooms, sacrificing a better view for more quiet, and the ease of no stairs.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

The room we stayed in was very nice, although we didn't spend much time in it. We liked the rock turtle built into the floor and the view was unreal. Very cute basic room with lots of character and enough space for us. The room was very clean as well, the housekeeping staff did a great job. The ambiance was perfect for our vacation and the sunsets are great.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

To try to add something useful to the very positive reviews that this establishment receives (and deserves), I would say the following: As you read this review as a would-be/might-be customer, you should take comfort in the fact that I believe that management of the hotel will read it as well. In other words, they care, and it showed during our stay, whether it be about customer service or the way the facilities are maintained.

To try to add something else: I recently spent a week there with my two diving sons (14 and 11). With this unusual party, you will understand that I need some flexibility and extra help, with the dive shop provided seamlessly. We had a private divemaster (50$) on certain days where the group composition did not allow otherwise. No back and forth, nothing complicated - just a very well organised place. I would encourage anyone with somewhat experienced juniors to dive in Cozumel. It is not a place where everything is too deep or too difficult.

Finally, the glowing reviews are based on expectations that people have: When I read below something about this hotel being a 4-star, I question the reviewer's judgement (although the star system is all over the place). This is not a 4-star hotel and anyone looking for a Sheraton will be surprised if not disappointed. This is a hotel that is great for divers looking for value: basic amenities, but not run-down - quite the opposite: very clean and very well maintained. If I wanted to rate it using stars, I would say the hotel is a two star hotel that delivers great value. And I say it in the most positive way.

Room Tip: the wi-fi worked very well in room 201, as it is one of the closest to the lobby
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ringwood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I just returned from a dive trip to Cozumel. My friend and I usually dive there 4 times a year. It's the best deal in town. The diving is wonderful and the people are lovely. We usually select our hotel based on price and have stayed in a number of different places. This is the first time we've been back to Blue Angel since 2009 when the new owner took over. We were delighted with the changes that were made since that time. Breakfast and lunch were included in our dive/stay package which made it a very good deal. The food was very good and the service excellent. The rooms are large and adequate. The dive operation is great with small, fast boats and great dive masters and boat hands. We've decided this is our new favorite place.

Room Tip: Small hotel with all rooms facing ocean.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Blue Angel Resort? Share your experiences!