“A wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #41 of 260 Activities in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: In order to bring you different, cultural and memorable experiences, on our beautiful island, we invite you to explore the multiple benefits of the traditional sweat bath; the practice of "Temazcal" according to the Mayan vision. Preserved through centuries, to be shared with you.
Hamburg, New York
“A wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

What a great experience we had. I had my doubts. I am a jogger and sweat all the time but my friend was really excited about going so I wanted to support her. My experience was very personal, uplifting, spiritual, freeing and an experience that was truely unique. Our guide was wonderful and knowledgeable. When I told my friends about the experience they were in awe and want to go when in Cozumel. I am still reaping some of the benefits a week later. When I return next year, I will definitely return.
I went night diving for the 1st time, spectacular. This is right up there!!! Debra

Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Something different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was an awesome experience. Do it especially if you're looking for something more cultural than a booze cruise. You won't be dissappointed. It's a little off the beaten path, but great. You won't be dissappointed.

Visited February 2013
PetrusTemazcalero, Gerente at Mayan Steam Lodge, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello, thank you very much for your review, we love your tittle and precisely, that is what we really try to offer “Something different”. It is not a little, it is an absolutely Off the Beaten Path experience, even some guests have tittled their reviews using that expression or have felt attracted to try the experience because of that. Basically that is one of our main marketing tools, we have always said and we will keep considering ourselves as the Hippies of the tours in Cozumel.
Keep the Fire Burning
Palm Harbor, Florida
“fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Mayan Steam Lodge experience was one not to be missed. If you are looking for a spiritual experience during your vacation, that is truly unique and doesn´t have that touristy feel to it - but you still want it to be well organized - this is for you. Petrus is a great guide and leader through this ceremony and he did a fantastic job for our group. I do not want to give away the details of this experience, but if you are interested in something different, you might be surprised how much this experience can do for you, if you are open for it. We had our children with us (10 and 12) and the ceremony was too long for them. If you are planning to do this with children, be aware that they might not stay with you in the lodge for the whole time. Ours went out at some point and kept themselves busy close by to the steam lodge.

Cozumel, Mexico
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very interesting experience. Didn't know what to expect when I signed up first , however it turned up to be one of the best experiences I ever had. Petrus it's a great host and very dedicated to ensure his guests are extremelly pleased.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
7 attraction reviews
“One of a kind experience while oan then Inland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Reajuinating, exhilarating and a total spiritual awakening! Petrus was are spiritual leader and gave us the most amazing experience and history of the ritualistic steam lodge experience. You can not help but walk away from this experience feeling refreshed and rejuvenated and a total new sense of priorities and the importance of letting go and moving forward while at the same time cherishing your life's journey. No matter what your spiritual beliefs you will walk away from this experience feeling it was totally worth the invest of your time and money. This will be on our agenda every time owe come back.