My daughter and I stayed at Amigos B&B during Easter week 2005. The pool and gardens reminded us of the Garden of Eden; but, there were some problems.
1) Our room had black mold and mildew, and when I told Kathy, the owner, she did nothing to rectify the problem.
2) The airconditioners are extremely old. They're loud and noisy and do not work very well. It took a long time for our room to cool down, and we were not allowed to keep the AC on when we were out of the room.
3) The owners do not make you feel like "Amigos."
We really enjoyed the other guests at the B&B, many of whom were British. But Kathy Kopelman was quite inhospitable to us -- even though her husband is very gracious, she is very standoffish and not very warm to her guests.
When I made my initial reservation, I told Kathy that we had a 6 p.m. flight -- our airline only had one flight back to our home each day. So Kathy told me that after we left our room we could leave our bags in the palapa area until it was time to go to the airport. On our departure day, Kathy was obviously miffed when I asked her if we could leave our bags in the palapa area. It was quite clear that she wanted us out. So we hailed a taxi and spent the rest of the afternoon in the Cozumel airport.
We loved Cozumel and will return someday; however, due to the way were treated, we will find another place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amigos Hostel Cozumel consists of two 4 bunk dormitory rooms, each with capacity of 8 people, with shared bath, lockers, extra sink, AC at night from 10 pm to 8 am May to October, and large communal kitchen area for cooking. Communal palapa area with Dish US TV system, high speed Wi Fi free internet access. Large pool and lush gardens remain part of the enjoyment of Amigos Hostel. Separate private cottage with complete kitchenette, safety box, private bath available max of 3 in three single individual sized beds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Amigos Hostel Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.