“Nice service and comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Flamingo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 6 Norte 81, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Brazil
“Nice service and comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel is located in downtown Cozumel near a lot of restaurants. The room is nice decorated and clean. Bed very comfortable. It is nice to rent a car or a scooter to drive around the island. The only thing not very good is the breakfast since it needs more variety. The service is good and they try to help you with tips and also booking some activities, like scuba diving.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fort Collins, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I'm a solo business traveler, experienced at staying at many hotels and Flamingo is by far the best! It's centrally located, making it easier for me to reach costumers. The staff is friendly and cordial. My room was clean with a very comfortable bed. The employees seemed to be proud to be working at the hotel, making my stay more pleasant. A home away from home! Looking forward to my next trip to Cozumel and staying at the Flamingo again. Thank you Flamingo for making my stay so enjoyable

• Stayed September 2013
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed 3 nights here and had a great time. Ivan (the barman) was a really fun, interesting guy who got us drunk quite a lot before dinner during happy hour. The hotel seemed to have quite a few people there who would come to stay regularly (while diving on Cozumel), which is always a good sign. The room was a decent size and very clean, and the breakfast was nice and relatively small but it made a refreshing change to not be outfaced by a breakfast!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Belize, Belize, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My BF Frankie and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were welcomed by Ivan which was a very down to earth and friendly guy. He took care of us very well and his drinks are amazing. He gave us great restaurant, bars and car rental tips which was just great!!. The Rooms are very spacious and kept clean at all times. We did so much in cozumel and would def want to visit again and we will only stay at the Flamingo. They made you feel at home and always there to assist you.. Excellent Hotel and Staff :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
DALLAS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Back again another room and fantastic service! This place always impresses me because as soon as I get here I relax.The rooms are all great every time. The service from the manager, front desk and the bar excellent!

Stayed August 2013
Palmyra, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

my husband,David, daughter Alexis and son Nick stayed at Hotel Flamingo from feb 20th to Feb26th 2013. Adrian the hotel manager was what one could only call the wikipedia of Cozumel. Any question you might have, he was the person to ask. I wanted fresh coconuts and he hopped onto his bicycle and bought me some. He introduced us to Sergio Sandoval, a divemaster who dove multiple times with Jacques Costeau. although since I have a pacemaker, I could not dive, my family did and Sergio held my daughter's hand to give her confidence. We went to Sergio's home so that my family could have dive lessons and I sat by the pool, with his wife Lolita eating fresh pineapple. Adrian set this up for us and was absolutely fantastic. There was nothing you wanted to do, or eat or see, that he could not give you guidance, advice and help with. Adrian, if you are reading this you are one in a million. The bartender, Ivan, became a friend for the week. He created mexican cocktails from scratch, fresh juice squeezed daily. He played music, joked and gave suggestions on things to do and places to see. 5pm on became our social time. freshly made guacamole and chips from the little restaurant, Abelardo's across the street. really worked on my tolerance of hotter and hotter sauces. Ivan almost got me with the freshly made habanero sauce. Ivan. The proud daddy of Teotl, was delightful in his love for his newborn son. I would recommend to anyone that wants a mexican getaway, Hotel Flamingo is the place to go. A little out of the way, you need to take a ferry ride from Playa del Carmen, this hotel is a little piece of heaven. The streets were safe. restaurants close by and the staff definitely made you feel special. A big thankyou to Adrian(pronounced Ahdreeann), Ivan(pronounced eevonn) everyone there was great and made my family's first trip to Cozumel memorable. Finally, Ivan, thank you for being so gracious in macheteing my fresh coconuts for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed in places all over the world, from hostels to five star hotels, but I am seldom compelled to write a review--positive or negative. On my first trip to Cozumel, we stayed at this beautiful hotel and I immediately fell in love with the hotel and the island. The staff was great--helpful, knowledgeable, courteous, and they made amazing margaritas! We eat at small local spots every night, every meal was great, and all were vetted by our friends at the Flamingo. The rooms were simple and clean, but very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, and sitting in their courtyard with fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee every morning was such a pleasure! I highly recommend this place--I've told everyone I know that this is a great spot, and I will certainly return as soon as I can!

Room Tip: The street front rooms can be noisy because of a certain water truck that drives through the neighbo...