“Perfect boutique hotel in Cozumel!” 4 of 5 stars

Flamingo Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 6 Norte 81, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #7 of 53 Hotels in Cozumel
Columbus, Ohio
“Perfect boutique hotel in Cozumel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have stayed in places all over the world, from hostels to five star hotels, but I am seldom compelled to write a review--positive or negative. On my first trip to Cozumel, we stayed at this beautiful hotel and I immediately fell in love with the hotel and the island. The staff was great--helpful, knowledgeable, courteous, and they made amazing margaritas! We eat at small local spots every night, every meal was great, and all were vetted by our friends at the Flamingo. The rooms were simple and clean, but very comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, and sitting in their courtyard with fresh squeezed orange juice and coffee every morning was such a pleasure! I highly recommend this place--I've told everyone I know that this is a great spot, and I will certainly return as soon as I can!

Room Tip: The street front rooms can be noisy because of a certain water truck that drives through the neighbo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Hebrew first
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

What a GREAT find! We stumbled upon this hotel under unfortunate circumstances; my mother became ill shortly into our vacation, and her hospital stay outlasted our reservations at our original hotel, the Allegro (NOT a 5* stay). We were just wandering around after a hospital visit, looking for something downtown when we stopped here--I'd thought it was just a bar, because that's all you can see from the street, but happy day, it is indeed a hotel. We asked about a room and were immediately brought to a courtyard-view room to check out by Jimena. It was lovely! We made arrangements to stay there on a night-by-night basis, not being sure how long we'd be on the island.

I'm not sure what the best aspect of this hotel might be: the staff, amenities, or the location. All were just what we needed. Ivan, Jimena, Adrian, Carolina, and Elizabeth are the warmest, friendliest group you could ever meet. They went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable during our stay, and even did wee favours for my mum, sending over cups of tea etc. The room was very large, quiet (except for the noisy birds and the Zeta gas guys LOL), cool, and clean. We only had one mechanical issue with the toilet, but it was fixed quickly...and would have been fixed sooner, had I actually remembered to TELL someone that it was broken. Sorry about that!! The beds are the comfiest I've ever experienced in Cozumel, too! The room safe is large enough for an iPad, and the free wifi is FAST and reliable.

The location of the hotel is great, too, within easy walking distance of everything. So close to live music and restaurants on Melgar, the museum, ferry pier...the hospital! LOL

We will be back, hopefully for Ironman 2013.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This is my fourth stay at the Hotel Flamingo and I have to say once again, OUTSTANDING HOSPITALITY !!!!! It feels like your home away from home. I requested my same room as before and it was ready for me! The manager and bartender has always given me great local recommendations each day for lunch and dinner, the Mexican lady cooks your hot breakfast in the courtyard, the mojitos are hand crafted, the maid does a fantastic job cleaning your room and its walking distance to the square, moped rentals , shopping, taxi's!!!!! What else can you ask for! The hotel is clean, family owned ( and you and tell the moment you arrive)! Far better personal service that those resorts hotels! I'll be back again this summer!

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is a small but intimate hotel.The staff are courteous and helpfull.Close to all the island attractions.Nice bar with wonderfull cocktails.I have visited this island over 20 times and I have stayed in all manners of different spots.This hotel ranks among the best in my estimation.I will return.viva La Flamingo.

Room Tip: La Candella restaurant is directly across the sreet.You have got to try their fish.Yummy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

we have stayed in this hotel 3 weeks ago during our honeymoon.
Great hotel, wonderful location and especially great team!!!
The only thing we found disturbing is the fact that the curtain is not sealed. and if you are a light sleeper it can be a bit disturbing.
Rather than that- everything is great!

Telluride, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

NOT a resort hotel. Just the way we like it. Nice and convenient location, great staff. Everything you need, great variety of restaurants within easy walking distance, and plenty of stuff to check out when you are not diving. I highly recommend the Flamingo. I did not see anything else in town that comes close.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Flamingo in March. We picked it based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The excellent rating does mean it is the Four Seasons, it is excellent for a Cozumel boutique hotel. The rooms are simple, but clean, breakfast is good and the staff is great. We had really good margaritas and lots of fun at the bar with the Ivan and the hotel guests. The only negative was that the wifi did not work well in our room. You really had to go outside to the sitting area or to the lobby to get a connection. We were told it works better in some rooms than others, so I guess we got one where it did not work well.
For us, the hotel location is great. I don't mind not having a beach because you can easily rent a car at Isis and go to one of the beach clubs. You are in walking distance from lots of really good restaurants and it is a must to stop at Wet Wendy's each day for a margarita.
I would absolutely stay there again and recommend it, especially if you are in town to dive.