“Mellow environment with great customer service” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 6 Norte 81, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Mellow environment with great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

This was our first trip to Cozumel. Picked the hotel based on the reviews and we were very pleased. Stayed 6 nights in a Superior Room which overlooked the street with a little bit of an ocean view. The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable, and we had plenty of hot water. Can't beat the location as it is just blocks from the main square, the ferry, with tons of restaurants and shopping. The staff were very helpful. Ivan, in particular, made our stay at the hotel. He makes the best drinks I've ever had and is very down to earth. Highly recommend the Flamingo if you want to experience the local vibe in style.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us ! I will pass along your wonderful comments to the staff and to Ivan in particular. We hope you get a chance to stay with us again in your next trip to the island.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Hebrew first
London Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

If your'e looking for good quality hotel at a reasonable price in San Miguel this is the place.
The rooms are clean and comfortable and have both a/c and ceiling fans.Tom and his staff really made our stay here memorable.The location is ideal for both the beaches and the town where there are so many restaurants and cantinas within walking distance that it was a tough call where to eat.
Thanks again to T,A,J,I,P,E,C.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks John for all of your nice comments. We look forward to seeing you again this next year!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We watched the sunset from the terrace, margarita made with fresh-squeezed lime juice from the bar in hand. the 2 bedroom penthouse has comfortable beds, a full kitchen,and spacious living room. the hotel serves breakfast and there are great restaurants a few steps away( la cabela-lunch, al pie del carbon and kinta-dinner).close to shops, museum, rental car, and ferry. remarkably quiet and peaceful with helpful, friendly staff. many thanks for a great holiday.

Room Tip: penthouse is very comfortable for 2 couples.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I've stayed here twice in the last three months on dive vacations. I want to stay downtown to be close to the restaurants, bars, and the dive shop, but Coz isn't exactly known for its 5 star hotels as it caters more to a cost-conscious dive crowd. I've stayed a number of places in Coz over the past five years and, while I haven't had high expectations, I've always been a little disappointed. I heard about the Flamingo on Scubaboard, checked out the website, and decided to give it a shot. The first trip, my oldest son and I rented a "normal" two-bed room for about $70 USD/night and the second trip, one of my other boys and I rented the penthouse for $200 USD/night.

It's a relatively small hotel and the guests, at least when I've been there, have tended to be divers and very friendly. People congregate in the bar and it's easy to meet and converse with the other guests. The rooms are nice and clean with air conditioning. The penthouse is spectacular and worth it, with two bedrooms, a full kitchen and a living room with a TV and stereo. It has a couple of patios overlooking the ocean (OK, the tops of the concrete buildings between you and the ocean aren't that great, but that's Coz). The penthouse represents the nicest place I've found to stay that is actually in-town. It's at 6 north between 5th and the ocean, so you're within a couple of blocks of the square and the restaurants. There is a cool little local food joint right across the street that we like, and it's also close to the nicer restaurants-Kinta is a block away, for instance.

The staff is great and the management has been fantastic to deal with. On my last trip, we left our backup dive computer in the room and the hotel contacted us about it and arranged to have it shipped back to our house.

I would highly recommend it, obviously.

Room Tip: get the penthouse
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thanks again for staying with us and we are glad that we could get that dive computer back to you in the states!
Mpls MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

What I enjoy about staying in town is, a new beach experience every day, a clean, comfortable place to come home to in the after noon, nap, clean up and there you are in walking distance to great local restaurants and bars. This hotel is clean, and comfortable, great happy hour and great breakfast. We'll be back! Many great dinner spots in walking distance. Have Ivan make you a Margarita. The only advice I would give to the hotel would be to offer simple snacks such as chips and salsa at the bar.

The rooms have mini bars that provide drinks and water at reasonable prices, so you don't have to step foot in a store, very convenient!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your comments and suggestions. Yes, we are in the process of putting together a bar menu so we will have bar snacks available at the bar in the near future. Thanks for choosing to stay at the Flamingo and we look forward to seeing you again soon !
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We were lucky enough to have found Flamingo Hotel recently while on a cruise. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the bar. The staff went above and beyond to make sure that we were comfortable. We will definetely stay there next time we return to Cozumel! The owner Tom was especially helpful when one of our group left his phone. He tracked us down and personally mailed the phone back home for us! This sort of friendly service is rarely found and we are happy that we did!! Thank you Flamingo!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I stayed for three days at the Flamingo and it was as if I had been there before. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The room was large and very clean. I will definitely go again! Many of the guests are people who return year after year. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. There are three very good restaurants within steps of the hotel, and the square is only three blocks away. My neighbors met me there and loved it too. It is a lovely little place. Quiet but welcoming even the owners shitzu made me not miss my little dog so much. Such a sweetheart. I will return!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to Flamingo Hotel? Share your experiences!