“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle 6 Norte 81, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #9 of 56 hotels in Cozumel
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is a great, comfortable, convenient hotel. The staff provides excellent service. This was the second time we stayed here and highly recommend it! We love the decor in the rooms, the bar and throughout the hotel. Make sure to check out the view from the rooftop. We will stay here again.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

311 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This hotel was awesome! I went with my boyfriend to Cozumel for a couple days and we stayed here. Upon arrival the front desk agent was awesome, he showed us different rooms we could stay in and let us pick our room. For the price the room is a steal! The room itself Was clean had Hot water, and was comfortable. The wifi downstairs was a great connection, great free breakfast and the staff let us park our rental car for FREE the entire time we stayed there. I know they don't usually do that, but they bent over backwards to make us happy. The front desk has two agents a father/son and they are awesome. They took the time to give us great beach recommendations, restaurant recommendations, and were very Friendly. The hotel is easy to find since cozumel is so small and it's walking distance the main plaza with great shopping /food. I would recommend renting a car to get out the more private beaches.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Magnolia, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I just returned on Aug. 6, 2012 from a 9 nite 10 day stay at Flamingo. My friend from Chicago and her granddaughter was there also. I am from Texas. Most amazing place I have been in lately. Warmn friendly staff from Tom, Shirley, Ivan , Adrain, Elizabeth, and the rest of the crew. Rooms great, no problem with hot water, fixed the rattle in AC myself. After the first morning we upgraded to hot breakfast and ate there the rest of our stay. We have friends that live there who are locals and they came a couple times and had breakfast with us. Ivan is the best thing going there. He is warm, friendly, fixes great drinks and can talk with anyone. Please Tom , dont let him get away from ya'll. I cant drink anymore and he fixed me all kinds of wonderful virgin drinks. I have been going to Cozumel since 1982 and I did not know about this wonderful little hotel. Do not be afraid to stay here as its great. The local place across the street has good food. They even brought it across the street to me. You are doing a great job there Tom. Will see you next trip... Maxine F. from Texas.

Room Tip: I think all would be good...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was skeptical when the taxi pulled up to this hotel but the amenities are wonderful! The room (including the bathroom) was clean and comfortable, totally modern. I appreciated the complimentary breakfast (The cook/waiter is awesome!).
The only slightly annoying thing is that the older guy at the front desk lacks the skill to go "above and beyond." --- When I checked in, he told me my room is on the 2nd floor. When I asked for help carrying my heavy suitcase up the stairs, he replied "Well we don't have anyone to really do that but let me find someone." The next day when I asked him about my transportation to the dive shop, he insisted that I was to pay for the fare as it was not included in the price I paid for the diving. I had to show him my diving voucher to prove that I had paid for transportation to/from the dive shop. Finally on my last morning I asked that breakfast be brought to my room (The hotel information stated that this was an option.) so I could finish packing. Again he again replied "We don't really have anyone to do that but let me find someone." BOTH times the cook/waiter helped me.
Nevertheless, I will definitely go back and will definitely recommend this place to anyone who will listen. Of course I will also recommend bringing lighter bags in case the hotel room is on the 2nd floor.....

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Louisville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a lovely little hotel nestled in great area in downtown Cozumel... Staff was extremely friendly and helpful... Ivan the bar tender and host definitely deserves a raise :) Roof top nice view, room very clean and stylish and cool little hang out areas on each floor... My only complaint is that maybe the air conditioner worked too well... Thanks for the hospitality Cozumel!!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is a little family own small quiet hotel with comfortable rooms, breakfast, even a great bar with cheap drinks and a great bartender. The staff is always smiling and helpful, maid service is fantastic and even the drinks and snacks in the room fridge is cheap.. this is the best deal on the entire island and I will be back again this and next.....Terry, Texas Oilman

Room Tip: Not a bad room, even the suit is only like $140 a night and its HUGE...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sausalito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We have been coming to Cozumel for many years and have made multiple trips this year trying out various establishments. We loved this little hotel for its exceptionally friendly staff, access to downtown and the large clean room stocked with minibar items at reasonable prices. Only 3 blocks from our current favorite places to eat and drink, Bob's, Wet Wendy's and Guido's we completely enjoyed our stay here. I might add that this was the first time I was able to get perfectly prepared poached eggs anywhere in Mexico thanks to quick study by our breakfast chef/waiter.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Flamingo Hotel? Share your experiences!