“Awesome people and instructors” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue Magic Scuba provides their guests with a unique “Valet” dive experience. We will set-up your equipment, help you gear-up and when the dives are over, we take it to our shop and rinse, dry and prepare it for the next day’s dive, leaving you to enjoy the rest of your day hassle free!! Blue Magic Scuba is A PADI 5 Star Dive Resort, one of very few shops on the island to receive this prestigious designation. A true, “Personal Valet Dive Experience”Our fast, comfortable boats get you to the best reefs quickly and comfortably, reefs rarely visited and wonderfully packed with life and unique corals and rock formations. Many times we finish our 1st dive and are on our way to our 2nd dive before anybody else even arrives! All our boats come equipped with Marine radios, canopies for shade, towels, bottled water, Fresh Fruits & Snacks, Oxygen and most importantly, professional PADI DiveMasters whose vast local experience guarantees you will have the best possible dive.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Brisbane
“Awesome people and instructors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

We did our open water course with Blue Magic and loved every minute. Our instructors Miriam and Ian were unreal and a lot of fun! Highly recommend. Love the Aussies.

Visited April 2014

• Hebrew first
Yakima, Washington
3 attraction reviews
“Miriam is AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

My friend and I completed open water dives #3 and #4 on April 4, 2014. Miriam was our instructor and she was incredible. She was extremely knowledgeable, conscientious, and patient....even testing us on skills that should have been done on earlier dives. The dive shop is not fancy and pretentious, but the equipment was good and the people were FUN! Diving in Cozumel seems to get a bad rap, but diving with Blue Magic was a wonderful experience. Our next trip to Cozumel will definitely involve more diving with Blue Magic Scuba!

Visited April 2014
Sandy, Utah
“Small in size but not in service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I dove with Blue Magic March 2014. Two afternoon dives- both completely amazing! They may not have a big fancy shop, or big fancy boats, but really, who pays for those? We do with our fee to dive, right? I was completely impressed with the dive shop owners/managers, and the dive masters and boat captain. They were all VERY friendly and were fun to be around. We had some other divers on our boat that were finishing their last 2 dives to get certified, and they managed to keep them and the experienced divers all happy and took us to sites that were good for all of us. I would certianly dive with them again! Oh, and I forgot to mention that I booked these dives LAST minute, and they were the ONLY dive shop that answered late the night before and were willing to fit me in. Thanks Blue Magic !!

Visited March 2014
Copenhagen, Denmark
9 attraction reviews
“Great night dive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I came in wanting to throw in a night dive, so we arranged it after the complainer had moved on to his lesson. I went on the night dive and thoroughly enjoyed it. The dive leader/DM was really cool, the gear was solid quality, and the shop delivered a safe, fun night dive.

Also, I originally walked in with another diver I'd met, who was apparently a pompous jerk and complained to the staff for 20 minutes about some made-up issues. Well, the guy he complained to treated him with amazing professionalism that I never could have displayed.

Visited December 2013
Vancouver
“Helpful dive shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Dove with Blue Magic last week. Was recommended them by Mot Mot diving in Tulum. Walked into their shop and spoke with owner's wife. She was helpful to set me and my girlfriend up with a dive for the next day. Allowed me to pay with pay pal to avoid extra feels Cozumel charges. There were problems with my pay pal and they let me use their phone for 20 minutes to sort it out which was really nice. We arrived for our dive and transferred easily to the boat via cab. Boat was full with ~10 people and several groups were doing courses. I was in group with 3 others + dive master (Denis). We went to Santa Rosa wall which was a pretty sweet first dive in Cozumel. Awesome coral, cool fish, nurse sharks, rays.... Our second dive was only average. We dove at Paradiso and it was a bit of a let down compared to the first dive. I had two issues. 1. one of the people diving with us was not "Advanced" and had trouble regulating his breathing so had to go up early. 2. the other person diving had a pro camera and was taking lots of photos. This was a bit annoying because we were constantly stopping and trying to stay close to him and dive master as they were taking photos. When there is a current, this is difficult and annoying.

On the upside, one of the other dive instructors Mariam was super helpful and fun. She gave us great recs. for places to chill (Hotel Barracuda) after the dive. She even came and hung out with us and took my girl friend to the pharmacy when she rubbed up against some coral while snorkling.

Overall good dive shop, very helpful but my complaints were around small things on my dive which were mainly out of control of the shop. Would recommend them to anyone looking to dive in cozumel

Visited March 2014