“Just where I want to "B"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel B Cozumel

You added Hotel B Cozumel to your Saves list
Hotel B Cozumel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Playa San Juan Km 2.5 | Zona Hotelera Norte, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Hotel Fontan Cozumel Dive Resort)   |
Ranked #20 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Just where I want to "B"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

After a harrowing experience at Cozumel Palace, I came here for 2 nights at half the price of what I spent at Cozumel Palace. It was incredible. Exactly as promised, Hotel B provided a very relaxing and comfortable place to stay with great food and views. We could walk out right onto the pool from our room which was super convenient. We had a wonderful time snorkeling here and getting food delivered to the awesome hot tub. I highly recommend Hotel B to anyone looking for a safe and luxurious stay without all the touristy nonsense that you find in most of Cozumel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Hebrew first
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Seriously: A fabulous location. Great price. Spectacular views. Swimmable ocean at your doorstep. Hot tub in what has got to be one of the top 10 locations. A pool with the happy slogan of "Just Be!" Happy Hour. Breakfast included. Attentive and friendly staff (who learned our name after only 1 time). A nice walk downtown (it's about 2 miles) -- or a $60 peso cab ride (each time, that's all it was). The pictures don't do the view or the amenities justice. I have no idea how anyone could stay here and complain. You have to realize it's Cozumel -- not a $750 downtown Manhattan hotel. So, sure, there was a cute little gecko in the bathroom and the water is a bit "different..." but this little hotel has everything we could have asked for. We were there during the Ironman (had no idea it was going on before we arrived) -- but even with all the activity it was AMAZING.

Room Tip: We stayed on the fourth floor. Some people might like pool level -- but think about that before han...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I came to visit Hotel B after learning that the owner was intending to do something different. at least different for Cozumel. I had an interesting walk from my room in downtown Cozumel, past the Harbour Master, and a number of sculptures and along a quiet peaceful road with a beautiful view of the Ocean with Cancun way off in the distance. Many thoughts raced through my mind. Hotel B - is it going to have anything to do with Team B? would that be good or bad? or different?. As I walked past the airport I felt connected to the rest of the world - yet here I am in the middle of history - the connecting of the past to the future, and Hotel B is it going to be the connecting point? the place to host the Captains to do Toasts to Sir John A Macdonald?
I sat outside the restaurant overlooking the bay and an afternoon drizzle encouraged me to go inside to enjoy my guacamole salad and drink. Over on the other side of the room was the general manager entertaining two fellows that were there to explore developing a sports program of excellence for the island - something that would attract people as does the Iron Man competition. They sounded like they knew their business and that they could make something happen - but not quite at the level I might prefer. But that is another story as we know it is not either or, but rather both and. So rather than wait too much longer I went over to their table and left the four at the table a copy of The Age of Maya - a document developed last year as the Maya 26000 year cycle came to an end - and as I gave it to them I said - imagine if we put the content inside this frame and used it to teach what the Maya message is?
I left this with them and left a message at the reception desk with Estella - and I proceeded to leave.
I was not quite out the door when Beatrice (the Manager) approached me to talk for a few minutes. I shared part of my story and felt that I was heard - and that this may be the beginning point for the next stages of our activities in Cozumel.
Will Hotel B be that place? Stay tuned.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bat Yam, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was our second hotel in Cozumel and it was just great!

Not expensive, with beautiful rooms (all rooms has balcony right to the ocean), very quiet and intimacy.
The pool is beautiful (just look at the pics, and it's better).
There is not beach, just some access to the sea (you can snorkel there)

Dependently recommend it!

Room Tip: All rooms are basically the same, so just get the regular room, not need to upgrade to suite or some...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We loved our stay at Hotel B in Cuzumel. It is a very confortable and quiet hotel right by the sea. It does not have a beach access but the infinity pool, the hot tub and pier with access to the sea along with the natural sea pool was more than sufficient.

It is located north of the City but close enough to go there for activities and dinning.

The rooms are spacious and clean, also it is a very quiet place and you are able to sleep with the nice sound of the ocean waves. Service is outstanding and food is good in the restaurant.

We were there when a wedding was booked but we were notified by the management with a nice note in our room and were assured that the party would be over by 11pm, which was true. Even during the event the music was not too loud and did not bother us in any way.

They have happy hour between 5pm to 7pm. It is nice to have a couple of margaritas or beers in the pool or hot tub before dinner.

We were not able to use the Spa as we were pretty busy diving but it looks like a great way to start the day along with the free Yoga in the morning.

The dive center in the hotel is a small shack which is run by the same company from the InterContinental Presidente Hotel. The boat picks you up in the Hotel B´s private pier and takes you to the InterContinental Presidente Hotel their dives are conservative and nice for divers that enjoy good treatment without any challenges in the dives.

We recommend this place and will try to stay there in our next visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Attracted by photos and descriptions.....we booked. Arrived and found all better than the pictures, quickest checkin, welcome pineapple mint beverage (nonalcoholic for us), and up to the room that exceeded expectations. I cannot fathom any of the issues others described.

My companion prearranged a seaside, candlelit sunset lobster dinner of great value that like the rest blew my mind. Things could not be more perfect. Hospitality, service, and attention to detail are rated blue ribbon and 5 star. A must see!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Edwards, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We loved Hotel B! Our group visited Cozumel this Nov. We have typically visited during the spring for the last 10 years. Our group was pretty large this year with various groups of people in at different times. We had two days on own before checking into the large Penthouse in town. We had not stayed at Hotel B in past visits, it was based on internet viewing only. We all enjoyed our time so much - we were dragging our feet at check out. We will return, this staff was amazing, the property was fun, updated and most of all accommodating. Christian was most helpful. The Hotel B has an employee that most the island would want to steel. He helped out with the most intense situation at check in by taking his own personal vehicle to give me a ride back to the airport where I left my Apple Computer on a chair. It saved the entire trip! As we had a 10 day vacation ahead of us. We won't forget our time at Hotel B and look forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel B Cozumel? Share your experiences!