This review is a little late but here goes! My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights in January 2012. We were really looking for a good deal, nothing too resorty. I found this on Booking.com for only $60 a night I think(it's been awhile!) so to me, that seemed like a great price! I have to say, it was really very nice! The room was a little bare-bones, nothing spectacular, but I'm really not a fussy girl, so it was just fine. It was a little loud though, the windows are wooden slates, so they never fully seal, so whatever is going on outside, you are gonna hear! I'm a very light sleeper and really didn't have too much of a problem with it though, only one night when the bar across the street stayed open late with a live band. Otherwise, pretty quiet. We also went on kind of an off time, so there really weren't too many people, which probably helped with the noise. So if you are looking for a party atmosphere, this hotel will most likely not be the place for you. We wanted to snorkel and there was a pretty good amount of stuff to see out front of the hotel, although it was hard to get to. No beach, that's a bummer but many of these smaller places don't have them anyway. If you walk down to Casa Del Mar, they have a little beach and area with steps to get into the water. So most days, we would walk down there, hop in the water and have the current take us back to the Villablanca. Very nice and relaxing! Getting out was a little difficult! The pool at the hotel is very small and was freezing when we were there. The hotel has a little mart next door with gas station food, alcohol and beverages, so that was nice. It was also located near a few other bars and restaurants, so we didn't always have to go downtown. Technically, you could walk to downtown, it's definitely a walk but it can be done I think. We almost made it one night but were so hungry that we finally had to stop before we got there and eat. By the way, Rolandi's Italian Restaurants are amazing! If you get tired of the Mexican food, this is really great Italian food, we ate here multiple times! Back to the hotel, the staff was very helpful and friendly. We even got offered an upgrade to a better room by the manager without even asking! We declined though because we were already settled in our current room but it was just a really nice gesture. I highly recommend this hotel. If you want a good price but don't want or need to stay at a fancy hotel or resort, then this is a great place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villablanca Garden Beach is a beachfront hotel located approximately 5 miles from Cozumel Airport and two miles from town, right in front of Villablanca Reef and Wall (great for snorkeling and diving).Our exclusive property includes 50 rooms and suites, two villas and a Pent-House, all units are equipped with A/C, ceiling fan, refrigerator, satellite TV, telephone and sunken tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Villablanca Garden Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villablanca Garden Beach Cozumel
- Hotel Villablanca Garden Beach