“Excellent hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Suites Bahia

You added Suites Bahia to your Saves list
Suites Bahia
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. Rafael E. Melgar x Calle 3 Sur, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #26 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Excellent hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

This hotel was offered by our dive shop as a part of the package when we first came to Cozumel. From then on we stay in Suites Bahia every time when we come for diving. Reasonable rates, clean, large, quiet, and comfortable rooms with fridge, microwave, sink, included the best breakfast on the island. And downtown location that is difficult to beat if you do not stay in the resorts.

Room Tip: Rooms without a balcony are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This was my second trip to Cozumel. The first time I stayed with the family at an All-Inclusive-Resort (Park Royal) and it was good (but definitely not worth the price).
My second trip to Cozumel was for diving only and stayed with a friend at Bahia Suites. It is a gem in Cozumel. It is very, very clean, very good A/C and the rooms have a full refrigerator, kitchen sink and microwave (I only used the refrigerator).
The breakfast is offered at another location (1 block) and it is a full breakfast buffet. Considering the price charged, it is a great bargain. The room we stayed had a queen and full bed, separated by a partition (giving some privacy). Rooms have also a safe-box inside the room.
On Friday/Saturday nights you might get some noise from the bar across the street but was not too loud.
Staff is polite and friendly (did not have any issues to be resolved).

In summary, very clean, comfortable beds and spacious rooms, nice ocean view (some rooms), good bkfst. and unbeatable cost-benefit.

Room Tip: Ask for one with ocean view. For those who like a quiet night, ask for a room away from the street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nacogdoches, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at the Bahia at least a dozen times in the past twenty five years. As scuba divers, we enjoy the proximity to our favorite dive shop. As tourists, we enjoy the lovely view from the balcony (or balconies if you get a corner room) and the easy walk to a multitude of fine restaurants. Breakfast at the Mexicana is included and is delicious. The staff at the Bahia is always pleasant and helpful. If you want a simple, comfortable room, wifi, television and simplicity, this is a fantastic place. You have pool privileges at the Mexicana. There is a bar (Thirsty Cougar) next door that has bands on weekend nights, so if you are a light or early sleeper, be aware. If you want resort amenities, go elsewhere, but for us, this is our favorite, classic Cozumel place to stay.

Room Tip: corner rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

I was very pleased for the price we paid and the service quality. Well located, very close to our Dive center (Três pelicanos), on the beachfront. A very good breakfast served at the Casa Mexicana hotel!
I recommend.

• Stayed May 2014
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I come down to Cozumel about every 2 months for diving and have been staying around place to place seeing what all is out there. This was my first time at Suites Bahia, wouldn't be my last I would give it another shot but I definitely would not want an interior room again. The room was clean and well maintained, the very horrible and there was no place to hang up diving gear which is a must for anyone diving. I did notice that it took at least 15 min for the hot water to heat up or come on. I did ask for a room upgrade when I saw my view and no place to hang my gear, they did try and find something for me but said I could only have it for 2 days and then would need to move again which I didn't want to hassle with so I stayed in the room I got. The place is located centrally to everything only about 2-3 blocks from the ferry station, and same distance to the market. They did have a full size fridge in the room which is great to save you some money on food and beverages. Staying here you also get the free breakfast buffet at the Casa Mexicana which is the place I normally stay at and its a very good breakfast before heading out diving for the day. Also very close to the Caleta to catch your dive boat out in the morning or afternoon. I did see in a couple of the other reviews the beds are extremely hard which did make it a little difficult to sleep and he AC did not work very well in room 31. All in all though I would def give this place another shot but would def upgrade to a ocean view room if possible.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Located in front of the ocean, close to everything in dowtown, Suites Bahia are a good option. Rooms are clean, staff is very helpful and with a buffet breakfast included the price is really good. Interior rooms have a little problem besides the lack of a good view and that is the windows to the hall that give the room a bit too much light at night, there are no drapes or other way to block the light at night so it could be uncomfortable. The fridge and microwave oven are a plus but there's no much space for luggage so travel light. The AC is a bit too noisy but as I said this is a place worth coming back.

Room Tip: Stay in exterior rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Large comfortable room. I had a balcony room. Only drawback is that there is a bar right outside that has (bad) live music on weekdays. It is very loud and goes till a bout midnight. Other than that my stay was perfect for diving. The breakfast buffet at Casa Mexicana was the best breakfast buffet I've had that was included in a room stay. Its just a short 1.5 block walk to the other property for breakfast. They arranged a bicycle for me to rent, which was cool, they even brought the bike right to the lobby for me at no extra charge and it was a nice mountain bike and cheaper than other places I checked in town. I used it to bike to the southern beaches for some great snorkeling.

Room Tip: balcony rooms are HUGE, south side has a very loud night time bar.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Been to Suites Bahia? Share your experiences!