“A PERFECT STAY” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Playa Azul Golf, Scuba, Spa

You added Playa Azul Golf, Scuba, Spa to your Saves list
Playa Azul Golf, Scuba, Spa
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera a San Juan, Km 4 | Zona Hotelera Norte, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Offers & Announcements
Web Special 7 nights
Ranked #10 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Chicago, IL
“A PERFECT STAY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I will try to make this as short as possible as I can go on and on about this wonderful hotel.

First I wish there were more stars that you can rate this hotel with...as it is definately worthy of more than just 5...

This was my first time staying at the Playa Azul...and first time to Cozumel...however I can honestly say I felt like I was a regular. I felt welcomed immediately upon check in.

The staff was absolutely the best staff of any hotel I've ever stayed at. They went over and above to try to please you in such a genuine way that until you experience it you can't understand this good feeling. They did this in such a genuine caring way and made you feel like your were a valued guest the entire time.

The hotel was spotless. You never had to fight for a lounge chair under a palapa like you do at many other hotels.

The pillows and beds were so comfortable. The coffee to make in the room was so good too

i read all the reviews posted here on Trip Advisor and received such positive feedback on a post I made to inquire about it when making my choice of hotels....and honestly thought how could everyone have all positive comments and nothing negative to say about this place..

Well all I can say is everyone was so right and on target with all they had to say.

I hope any of you that are wondering or feeling the same way I did...one day have the opportunity to experience this quaint wonderful property.

This was the first time I've ever done an all inclusive food plan at a hotel. Oh my goodness..sooo glad I chose to.do so...as the food was outstanding. They don't hold back and everything was fresh, plentiful and so many choices. Only 1 buffet (breakfast) which had different choices and delicious waffles and omlettes cooked to order.. fresh fruits..cereals- juices... The other meals- snacks are order off their extensive menu. It was so fun to try so many different things ...all of which were spectacular.

I can honestly say I've never thanked so many people (staff members) each day at any
travel destination I've ever been to.

It was so nice to meet such nice people staying there - many of them regulars from Canada and Minnesota,

In summing it up i truly felt like I was visiting family members for a week and were a guest in their home and honestly I had a tear in my eye when I had to say good bye-

I know I will miss acknowledging a few along the way- but special thanks to Fernando , Marcel- Kermit- Carlos- Augusto ,. to the ladies who kept the room spotless each day - so very appreciative of all your kindness.

Thank you Playa Azul for this PERFECT stay and i will count the days till I return again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have vacationed at Playa Azul for the last four years. We love-love-love this hotel. My husband enjoys golf, and was able to play everyday. The day we arrived all of the staff rushed to greet us. They even remembered our beverage of choice. You just feel like you are at home. I also gave Playa Azul a five star rating due to the staff. Each and everyone was truly
grateful that we were there. Will return next year. Thanks to all the staff at Playa Azul for making our vacation memorable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Laguna Niguel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a lovely hotel, small, clean, super friendly staff! It is far away from the cruise ship people but still close enough if you want to eat in town.
They have the best beach on the Island, on the south part there are some sandy beaches but sometimes there is a bad smell coming from the water, also the hotel in that part are far away and taxi fares are very expensive.
The pool is small compare to other hotels but having that ocean who wants to be in a pool??
You can also play golf at the Country Club or have a massage.
I just love this place

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our family stayed there for week over New Years. The reason that I gave this an excellent was due to the staff. every one of them was sincerely friendly, helpful and very service oriented. The location was great being far away from the cruise ship docks! we found the restaurant to be consistently good for every meal: breakfast, lunch and dinner. The rooms were comfortable with a great little patio. The only thing I think they could improve upon is the pool. There was way too much chlorine but easy problem to solve. Like other reviews, this is a place for people who want to relax and it is a great family place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Littleton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were here the first week of 2013, and though my review starts out fairly critical, I must say we had an absolutely great time and would definitely consider returning. We (wife and kids 19 and 22) were in room 304, a small, spartan yet comfortable room with a nice view of the beach and ocean. The room was about the size of a generic "Comfort Inn", so was not large. The TV is a very small flat screen (15-17"?), and most of the cable is in Spanish - but shame on you if you can't find something better to do than watch TV! The door has no deadbolt, and the knob of both the outside and bathroom door needed repair. There is also about a 1/4 " gap to the outside on the door frame, which let in alot of noise from the beach club next door and the birds in the palm trees in early morning. Although this gave us inital concern about safety, an in-room safe is provided, and we had no issues with safety throughout visit. The room was kept clean and the view from the balcony was nice. Daily replenishment of beach towels was a great touch. We could have used more than the standard 1 bottle of water given each day. On request, we occasionally were given a second bottle. The "beach" is made up of 4 small pocket beaches between piers and rocks, and in general was pretty quiet. On 3 of the 7 days we were there, tour buses pulled up to the beach club next door (which shares "our" beach (it is public)) and offloaded cruise ship groups, which could make the area rather crowded. On the other hand, it provided some entertainment watching the families play on the beach. We really enjoyed the snorkeling and would start about 2 blocks south and drift along the rocks 2-3 blocks to the North by the Hotel Cozumeleno, where the water started to get murkier. We saw tons of fish, barracuda, squid, rays, stars, as well as some coral. We always toured the island for 1/2 day, then returned to the hotel for afternoon sunning, swimming, and sunset. Jet ski rentals are just to the south of the hotel. Hurricane Wilma obviously did alot of damage to the north of here as the 1-2 blocks north of the hotel are just ruined shells of hotels (not sightly). For food, we did the all-inclusive, which was the buffet breakfast and menu lunch and dinner (not buffets). The food selection was extensive and good. Breakfast was not exactly gourmet, but it fit the bill. The wait staff was very courteous and we enjoyed them all. I agree with previous reviewers that it was rather slow, but that was usually only a problem at night as we would have them deliver lunch out to our beach chairs during the day, where we could tolerate the wait. We had several occasions of missed orders - but since it was all inclusive, we were usually OK with it. I would highly recommend the fishing charter (tunacozumel) which picks you up at the beach. The kitchen fixed our mahi mahi that we caught. The "free" golf is rather expensive. Everyone who plays, pays $30 for a cart ($90 for 3 players), and club rental is $35pp, no sharing of clubs (we are novices) so the whole thing was $195, but the course was nice and we enjoyed the crocs!
Overall, the hotel facade and structure are beautiful, the rooms could definitely use a bit of an upgrade. Nice beds and pillows.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is on the north end. We loved it. We stayed here over Christmas with the all inclusive option. It was way better than fiesta american where we stayed last Christmas. This place, like others on the north end, is much quieter than hotels on the south end. And it is closer to the airport. We were on the beach in about 30 minutes after landing. We had room 316 which is a top floor corner room and it was large and clean. The whole hotel was very clean. We loved the room because we had a king bed in a bedroom for my wife and I and the kids each had a couch in a completely separate room. Even the bathroom was big. We hung a hammock out across the corner of the balcony while we were there. The beach is good at this hotel. There is sand. We never had any trouble getting a chair. This place has the biggest nicest beach towels I have ever seen and there was no shortage of them. The snorkling is just ok here. But there was sea life to see, especially on the south side of the pier north of the bar. The food was very tasty. However, be prepared to wait on your food. It takes a little while for them to make it. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New Market
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel in the North Hotel Zone of Cozumel, Mexico. The small beach is lovely to snorkel off of, and all hotel rooms have an ocean view and a balcony. Service is excellent, and the staff is very friendly. This is not a party hotel, so if you are looking for that atmosphere I would suggest one of the larger all-inclusives. This is a nice, quiet, relaxing place to enjoy family time, a honeymoon, or an anniversary. There is a free breakfast in the morning regardless of the plan you choose, and it is delicious with a variety of options. There is a beach bar for afternoon drinks, and lovely places to sit on the beach. You can arrange dive trips, snorkel trips, jet ski rentals, and boat trips from the pier. The pool is cold, but it isn't really used much. There is an all-inclusive package available, but quite frankly, one of the reasons we love this hotel is our ability to get out and explore Cozumel! We loved renting a scooter and traveling to the windward side of the island, and getting lunch and dinner at local places.

You can walk down the beach for dinner on Friday and Saturday nights to Buccano's on the Beach for a lovely, romantic dinner by the ocean. Also delicious is the lobster house across the street. It is a very simple menu of lobster, rice, potatoes, and bread, but the lobster is amazing. They also had conch bisque the last time we were there, which was tasty. This hotel has many return visitors, some of whom have been coming for 20+ years!

Room Tip: The Master Suites have the best views with privacy. They are on the far right of the hotel, and the...