Not sure what happened during the previous posters stay at the Coral Princess, but we were there during the same time frame (Feb 2009) for an entire month. This was our 16th year at the Coral Princess. First, I was in the pool and hot tub every day and they were not only warm, but hot like a bath most days. And the staff is the same as its been for the last 15 years with very few exceptions. All the same waiters, same dive masters, same front of house staff. No new management, very little staff turnover. As for low pay -- well, yes, the economy and lack of tourists has effected everyone and tips (which is a big part of any staff income) is in short supply.
However, we found the resort to be maintaining its high standards even in the face of hard economic times. The rooms and furnishings have all been refreshed since last year. Pepe's Dive - the on site dive operation - is better than ever, with larger, improved boats and dive masters with advance safety training. The beach is raked and cleaned every single day. Any little item that required repair (which will happen with so many people through a facility) was handled within an hour of reporting the problem. The house reef is making a wonderful come back after hurricane Wilma. The spa has enhanced their list of services and the one hour massage continues to be a bargain at $59. They also offer a 1/2 hour back and neck massage that is wonderful and really cheap. The restaurant food is really good and convenient for breakfast and lunch. Yes, that 3 piece band is gone from Happy Hour -- no more hearing the same songs over and over every single night. Now new friends can converse. Those of us who stay longer than a few days, love it. I still HIGHLY RECOMMEND the Coral Princess as an excellent, family friendly resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort Cozumel is an oceanfront resort located in front of the San Juan Reef on the North side of Cozumel Island, 5 minutes away from the Airport by car, just 15 minutes walking distance away from the typical Mexican and beautiful San Miguel Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coral Princess Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Princess Hotel Cozumel
- Coral Princess Hotel And Resort