“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Coral Princess Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Coral Princess Hotel & Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr. Costera Norte Km. 2.5, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #24 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have been coming to the Coral Princess every year since 1993, and sometimes twice a year. You know it is a great place when people like Pedro the concierge have been there for most of these 20+ years. He is not alone and Jamie is another great bellman. Last year we utilized five bedrooms for the entire family. Over the years I have needed all sorts of advice, including medical doctors for my scooter accident, and they are extremely knowlegeable and helpful. Great hotel, great service, great location...perfect!! Chuck M

Room Tip: Ocean views are alwasy the best. Jungle views are more economical.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Chuck,

I hope you are well and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you always enjoy your stay with us and really appreciated your loyalty to Coral Princess since 1993.

I hope to see you very soon to another wonderful stay in paradise. Greetings from all your friends of Coral Princess Cozumel: Your home away from home!

José Antonio Rico

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone at the Coral Princess for another great week in paradise! We have been going to the Coral Princess for the last 18 years and have never been disappointed. The entire hotel staff was very welcoming as usual and made my sister and brother-in-law feel right at home. They were the first to check in and since they had never been to Mexico they were a little anxious about this trip. They told me their check in was a breeze and the friendly staff took away their anxieties. They loved the comfortable king size bed, the great view from the balcony, the cleanliness of the hotel, and the great staff. Thanks to Pedro, Jaime, Alex, and everyone at the front desk for all of your help. Thank you Roberto for making us laugh and giving us information as to why the swim up bar and jacuzzi were closed and for showing us the new roof top lounge area that is being developed. And thank you Angel for getting us the coral villa with the attached studio so my family could be together! What wonderful people and what a great stay!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear guest,

I hope you are well. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay at Coral Princess Cozumel, and also to be with us for about 18 years, it's amazing. I really appreciated your comment and your greets to our staff, I certainly know they will be equally pleased to know their effort are making a memorable stay for you and your family.

I look forward to seeing you soon, wish you an excellent day.

sbchef1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My wife and I just spent 10 days in Cozumel at the Coral Princess. The location is just far enough away to make it very quiet and peaceful yet close enough to go out on the town in minutes.
The staff is eager to please and always around when you need them.

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms will have you watching the sunsets.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us for about 10 days!

I look forward to seeing you soon, and wish you an excellent day!

Lydick, In
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We have been coming here for over six years. Every time I arrive I can feel the stress just become a faint memory! This island is very safe; you can walk around at night with no worries. The best snorkeling is right off their shelf beach! No need to travel away from the hotel to see great fish. The dive shop on the premises is always busy & people are always satisfied ( we only snorkel). The restaurant is very good, and they will make dishes to order. The staff is very friendly and welcoming and happy to make sure everything is ok. The same staff is here every year we come, which gives a good indication that it is a good hotel. There is usually an older crowd here, but lately there have been many families with young children. Noise from the kids has never been a problem. We saw a 'preview' of their new spectacular rooftop terrace....can't wait to use it next year!

Room Tip: Higher floors give really awesome views! Make sure you get ocean view-it's worth it!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you like our Resort and I really appreciated that for the last 6 years you have been visited us.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We never go away for spring break but the Chicago winter put us in the mood, and this package was priced right. The reviews I scanned before booking were very helpful and were "right on" with this hotel. While not a new hotel/resort, everything was working, neat and extremely clean throughout any area we used during the week. Our room was smallish for three people (2 double beds) but we deliberately selected it to watch costs, knowing we would not be in the room much. Breakfast was included and it was not to be missed, delicious fruits or juice, eggs and fresh panaderia basket was a perfect way for our family to start each day. All our meals were great, atypical for hotels! Concierge services, waiters and even everyone who was (constantly) cleaning were super service oriented and pleasant. Once staff knew my daughter was studying Spanish, they tutored her all week! I wish I could remember all the names of everyone - they were terrific and made the entire week relaxing and enjoyable. Only complaint, and it's minor and not about the hotel: divers or whomever would come down first thing in the morning and mark off every single chair that had an shade umbrella . . . and then never return or came back late in the afternoon! Typically wouldn't mind but most days we only sat out for an hour or two so there would have been plenty of chairs for everyone if they weren't blocked all day. We could have done the same thing but thought it was very rude. Would highly recommend CP for people going to relax and enjoy, dive or snorkel (great right off the rocks!) or any water sports. While you could walk to town from Coral Princess, we rented a car and found it to be cost effective and very useful to enjoy the entire island.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 7th floor on the east/road side so noise wasn't bad at all. There are a lot of...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cecilia,

I hope you are well and I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

Thanks again for your feedback and I look forward to seeing you soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We've been returning to the Coral Princess fo almost 20 years....nobody makes us keep going there...it's because we really enjoy the place. It's always clean and friendly and most of the staff has been there years...it's very comfortable

• Stayed March 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor as well as recommending us. I am very glad that you always enjoy your stay with us at Coral Princess.

I hope to see you very soon on this beautiful island, and thank you to be with us for the last 20 years.

Warm Regards,
Traverse City, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Things that worked well were the Elevator, A/C, and Hot Shower. Disappointed that the room safes are not computerized/combination and to get a lock and key requires a $100.00 US deposit! I asked the front desk for a Do Not Disturb sign for the room door and was told they did not have them at the hotel.........only to get one easily from the cleaning woman?! This hotel does not have a business center or computer available for its guests (had to go into town to check emails and print out boarding passes)! The front desk did not provide a requested wake up call on one of the mornings. Pool Bar and Hot Tub were not operational. Pool is small and was not clean with lots of stuff floating in water. This may have been a luxury hotel in its day, but it is definitely very tired now and is average at best. The people working at the hotel are nice. Its the facility and lack of amenities that are lacking.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sam,

I hope you are well and thank you for your feedback about your stay at Coral Princess Cozumel. I would like you to know that we are alredy check every point you mentioned in your post at TripAdvisor, and I would like to tell you that, we do have a Business Center with an excellent Wi-Fi, please if you visit us again in the near future, ask at front desk for it, also we don't have computer availables for the guests, but we are working to build a special area "Ciber-Cafe" inside the hotel, also you can ask for a computer at front desk and we can lend you one of our employees.

We request the deposit of $100 for the safe box key only in case you lose the key. At the end of your stay we give back the money you gave us. ($100usd). Also we do give the service of WAKE UP call in the morning if you requested at front desk, but we don't give "clocks" for waking up. And sorry for the Do Not Disturb card, I already talked with my employees about this situation, and it won't happen again in the future.

We sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can demonstrate the level of service that we are known for.

José Antonio Rico

Been to Coral Princess Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!