“Coral Princess Hotel Still a Great Place” 4 of 5 stars

You added Coral Princess Hotel & Resort to your Saves list
Coral Princess Hotel & Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr. Costera Norte Km. 2.5, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #18 of 56 hotels in Cozumel
“Coral Princess Hotel Still a Great Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

In July, we went back to the Coral Princess after our initial visit last August. Again, our room was Ocean Front with a spectacular view from the window and balcony (most rooms there are ocean front). The staff, even with some changes was more than happy to answer any question or concern. You feel like a true guest at this place. The room, outside of the great location and view, was clean and very comfortable and had all the amenities most people would expect. The restaurant is deceivingly good, with a waitstaff that makes sure everything is ok and more. The pools are next to the sea and are a delight to use, and the ocean landing at the edge of the beach, has a nice ladder, and before you jump in to swim, snorkel or dive, you will see crystal clear water with lots of marine life waiting to welcome you. This hotel may not be 5 star, but comes close enough for almost everyone to enjoy their stay here. The in-house dive operation, Pepe Dive, was wonderful and took us where we wanted to go. They would take your tank and BCD off while you were in water after diving, if requested, and did so happily.

Room Tip: Any ocean view room should be fine. Some rooms (suites) have larger living areas and balconies.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Rick,

I hope you are well, and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. It is a pleasure for us to welcome you every time you visit us.

Also, I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

On behalf of Coral Princess staff, we wish you a wonderful day and we hope to see you soon on this beautiful island.

549 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Aruba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

we went to visit Cozumel for 5 nights August 2013, adults, children. Snorkeling right in front of the hotel, diving by boat (great inhouse diveshop), next door yoga daily 8am on the oceansite, Coral has good rooms with A/C, small balcony, good beds. Staff is very nice, friendly, all smiles. the food is great; we had breakfast and lunches. Happy hour was quiet but there is a pool table and karaoke if you like to sing, so was all fine.
There is a small spa, gym, and book exchange, all very laid back, nice pool. we loved it.
August last week, was extremely quiet, we had most of the sunbeds/ huts, pool to ourselves. only minus; the elevator rings when it arrives and we could hear it in the room which woke us up daily. we will come back to lovely Cozumel and Coral Princess.

Room Tip: book ocean view rooms instead of jungle view. the daily cruiseships sailing by, spectacular wake up...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Miriam,

I hope you are well and thank you for the time you have taken on writing your comment on TripAdvisor. It is for us an excellent communication channel to know all our guests comments and to make the necessary changes to keep improving.

I am very glad that you have enjoyed your vacations in our Resort and I hope to see you soon on this beautiful island again. On behal of Coral Princess staff, wish you a fantastic day!

The Woodlands, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times. And I hate to say this trip was very disappointing. We get there and the pool bar was closed, no umbrellas out, no music. It was as if the hotel was shutting down and nothing was available. The free breakfast in the past was buffett. But this trip was menu of eggs and toast for free breakfast. When yu go on vacation you want it to feel like vacation, and this was not a vacation atmosphere. People at the pool was all very disappointed. Someone actually went and bought radio for music.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Christine,

I hope you are well and first of all, I would like to thank you for your continuos support and preference. It is a pleasure for us to welcome you every time you visit us.

On the other hand, We are so sorry that your experience with us this time was disappointing, and we would like to inform you that due to a documentation update requirement regarding the funcionality of some locations in the hotel (Whirlpool and pool bar) had to close temporarily. Rest assured all other areas keep working as usual and you can receiving service from them.

We thank you in advance for your understanding and hope we could welcome you again very soon at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort.

On behalf of Coral Princess staff wish you a wonderful day!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

If apart from relaxation you're in search of treatment beyond compare, then this is the place for you! Simple in its design and amenities, however, the staff treats you like royalty. The property is clean, the pool is enticing and the beauty of the Caribbean just a few meters away is fantastic.

I highly recommend the Coral Princess

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Juan,

I hope you are well. First of all, I would like to thank you for such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor, I feel very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort and also for recommending us. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this wonderful hotel, your home away from home. In name of all Coral Princess staff, wish you an excellent day!

Kind Regards,
Kaysville, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First, but not last trip to the Coral Princess. Best attribute was Pepe Scuba, an excellent dive shop that is located on the property. Service, food and bar were all great. The addition of public transportation on the island would be a plus. See you on the dive boat.

Room Tip: There is some road noise if aren't facing the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Heidi,

I hope you are well and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your first stay with us at Coral Princess, and of course, I certainly know my colleagues of Pepe's Scuba will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable experience for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island, in name of all Coral Princess staff wish you a wonderful day!

Best Regards,
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We've been going there for 20 years and we've always come back because we love the location, staff and the facilities. I've been with large groups, famaily and alone over the years and it's always been awsome. Alot of the staff have been there that whole 20 years and they always remember us when we walk in the door.
I've even had a daughter get married here.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean room, the views are awesome.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark,

I hope you are well, first of all we would to thank you for your continuos preference at our hotel, and it is a pleasure for us to welcome you every time you visit us (By the way, everyone in Coral Princess send you a big hug).

Please, give your daughter our warm regards, from all her friends of Coral Princess.

I look forward to seeing you soon Mark, wish you a wonderful day!!

BEST REGARDS,
Antonio Rico,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée & I absolutely enjoyed Coral Princess. We had a wonderful ocean view. The staff Jose & everyone else were amazing. The food was delicious. Everything was accessible food, shopping, entertainment. Etc. You don't have to leave the Resort for anything. We caught the ferry over to Playa Del Carmen and went to Xcaret for snorkeling food and a great Mayan show to finalize the evening. We're looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Cherlene,

I hope you are well and thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor.Also, I would like you to know that I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess, and for tell me that Jose is making a wonderful job.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island. Have an excellent day!

Kind Regards,
Antonio Rico

Been to Coral Princess Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!