“Will be back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 58 hotels in Cozumel
Kaysville, Utah
“Will be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First, but not last trip to the Coral Princess. Best attribute was Pepe Scuba, an excellent dive shop that is located on the property. Service, food and bar were all great. The addition of public transportation on the island would be a plus. See you on the dive boat.

Room Tip: There is some road noise if aren't facing the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Heidi,

I hope you are well and thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor. I am very glad that you have enjoyed your first stay with us at Coral Princess, and of course, I certainly know my colleagues of Pepe's Scuba will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable experience for you.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island, in name of all Coral Princess staff wish you a wonderful day!

530 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We've been going there for 20 years and we've always come back because we love the location, staff and the facilities. I've been with large groups, famaily and alone over the years and it's always been awsome. Alot of the staff have been there that whole 20 years and they always remember us when we walk in the door.
I've even had a daughter get married here.

Room Tip: Definitely get an ocean room, the views are awesome.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mark,

I hope you are well, first of all we would to thank you for your continuos preference at our hotel, and it is a pleasure for us to welcome you every time you visit us (By the way, everyone in Coral Princess send you a big hug).

Please, give your daughter our warm regards, from all her friends of Coral Princess.

I look forward to seeing you soon Mark, wish you a wonderful day!!

BEST REGARDS,
Antonio Rico,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My fiancée & I absolutely enjoyed Coral Princess. We had a wonderful ocean view. The staff Jose & everyone else were amazing. The food was delicious. Everything was accessible food, shopping, entertainment. Etc. You don't have to leave the Resort for anything. We caught the ferry over to Playa Del Carmen and went to Xcaret for snorkeling food and a great Mayan show to finalize the evening. We're looking forward to going back.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Cherlene,

I hope you are well and thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor.Also, I would like you to know that I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess, and for tell me that Jose is making a wonderful job.

I look forward to seeing you soon on this beautiful island. Have an excellent day!

Kind Regards,
Washington DC Metro Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

our family of 4 stayed at the Corall Princess for a week long dive trip. We weren't sure who we were going to be diving with so I didn't want to stay at a place "connected" to a dive shop. Also, since Mom doesn't dive I wanted something nice where she'd be comfortable and have great views while we were checking out the view beneath. The Princess served all of those purposes for a very nice price. We had two connecting suites which was awesome. Naturally we took the Ocean View and the kids had the back view but we had PLENTY of room - PLENTY! on-site restaurant is OK, we only ate breakfast there as we wanted to hit the local restaurants for authentic food - you've got to try Otataes if you like "street tacos" - hands down the best we ever had.

Two negatives that kept me from giving the Princess that fifth star - very far from any thing and everything. We did walk to town one day - probably only a mile or two but carrying those bags on the way bag was painful. We did have a car though so the walk was just for the fun of it but that brings the second small negative in that parking was a bit limited. not a huge deal, we generally just had to go a short way and park in the grass.

The staff was OK - nothing special. They did try to sell time shares on the property but not the high pressure sales pitch of most places. We just made it clear that we weren't interested in buying and they never approached us again. All in all I would definitely stay again but first I'd look for something a little closer to town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor, I am very glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess and I share with you the same feeling of the ocean views, they are really wonderful and also the sunsets, are unique.

I sincerely hope to see you soon at Coral Princess and if you need any special service, please let me know, I will be pleased to assist you.

I look forward to seeing you soon, have a great day!

Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed here on a solo diving trip in July, 2013 in a ocean front 6th floor room with balcony. Incredible view, pay the extra to look at the ocean as you are almost out over it. It was off-season so the place was practically empty. Probably only about 20 people there. The pool bars and hot tub were closed. But I liked that because it was very quiet, while other reviews I think complain about the noise from the music of the bar. First rate man-made beach area and two for one happy hour where they bring drinks out to you under umbrellas. It is the life. The little restaurant there was good for lunch, but you have to go into town for dinner. Which is a 60 peso cab ride each way. Cabbies don't have change (or pretend not to) so carry lots of 20 peso notes with you as you will want to be going to town as there is nothing at this resort at night. Finally - raves to Pepe Scuba. They are the dive shop at the hotel and take 8-10 people out in mornings - thanks guys you are the best.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor, oceanside, with balcony. Mine had shower only and loud but servicible AC.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I hope you are well, and in name of all Coral Princess staff, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor, it is for us an excellent tool to keep improving our services.

On the other hand, I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess and for recommending us as well.

I look forward to seeing you soon, have a wonderful day!

Jose Antonio Rico
beverly, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed for only 3 nights at Coral Princess and really enjoyed it! The staff are over the top awesome as far as going out of their way to help you. Jose Luis was such a great support system and we would have utilized him more if we had stayed longer. The hotel is located perfectly in my opinion, away from all the business of the center of Cozumel. Our room was a jungle view room, with a nice comfortable king bed, large, clean bathroom. Maid Service was excellent. We had a breakfast package, and we enjoyed the attentive and friendly staff each morning during our breakfast overlooking the beautiful water. The snorkeling was fantastic just off the Hotel. We did not dive on this trip, but saw how wonderful Pepe Scuba was and would certainly have enjoyed their services if we chose to dive.

As far as Cozumel and it's vibe...didn't really like feeling bombarded by vendors trying to sell us stuff...and they are relentless..this alone would probably cause me to NOT return to the island :( But if I did return..I would definatley stay at Coral Princess again, take a taxi down to the SUPER Big Markets and stock up on lunch foods, snacks, etc...and avoid the center of town as much as possible.

If I return to Cozumel I would return for diving and relaxation at Coral Princess Hotel for sure! The staff is top notch! Thanks for making our stay very pleasant and enjoyable :)

PS I must add that the other people that stayed at the hotel were very friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Jungle view room which was a beautiful room, but without the ocean view. We didn...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor, I am very happy that you have enjoyed your stay in Coral Princess Hotel & Resort. Also, I tell my colleague Jose Luis, that he is doing a wonderful job making a memorable stay for you.

I sincerely hope, you return to Cozumel and keep enjoying of this beautiful island, which has a lot of natural wonders, specially Diving.

In name of all Coral Princess staff, wish you an excellent day!

Kind Regards,
Jose Antonio Rico
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have stayed at the Coral Princes twice, and have been very happy with the hotel. Instead of the traditional hotel room, I recommend the ONE BEDROOM SUITE, which includes a separate bedroom, bathroom, living room, and kitchenette for not much more cost. Plenty of space. Up to two additional adjoining bedrooms can be unlocked and added to the suite for a large familiy. The staff is friendly and helpful. This is NOT an all-inclusive hotel, so you pay only for meals that you want. The dining room is very good (Try the fresh grilled grouper). Quite, but a pleasant walk to downtown. Great place.

Room Tip: The one bedroom suite offers plenty of room and comfort. Nice view on the ocean side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Bill,

I hope you are well, and thank you for taking the time to write your comment on TripAdvisor, as well as recommending us. I am very happy that you always enjoyed your stay with us at Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, I hope to see you soon to keep enjoying the Caribbean!

Have a great day! +

BEST REGARDS
JOSE ANTONIO RICO,

Been to Coral Princess Hotel & Resort? Share your experiences!