The Coral Princess is a smaller (about the size of a US hotel) quiet resort. It is the first resort in the Northern zone (north of the airport). This is a good thing as the cruise ships come in on the southern end and there were as many as 6 ships in each day. If you are looking for night-life or activities this isn't your resort. There is one resturant and one bar, plus the pool side bar during the day. The Coral Princess is a nice 2 mile walk to town along a well traveled paved walk way. We often walked in the late afternoon and then back after dinner. Most of the cruise ships leave at 5 so late afternoon is the time to head to town. Lots of great dining opportunities. Of couse a taxi can always take you to town for about $6. We rented a scooter for 2 days ($30/day) and toured the island. All the locals seem to travel by scooter, you'll see a whole family on one.
There is a great scuba shop, Pepe's Scuba, on site that uses small boats, not the big diving barges that I hate. They have all the equipment and good dive masters. Will even give you a refresher course if needed. You can dive or snorkle right in front of the resort, plenty of colorful fish. There isn't a beach, so you go off the dock into deep water. There is a sandy area for relaxing and sunning between the pools and the seawall. Never had to fight for a beach chair like at the larger resorts. Could always find some chairs open when ever we went down. There is also a spa on site it you desire a relaxing massage or your nails done.
The bellman will offer to bring you a 20 liter water bottle for $7, get it. We went through ours in a week, used it to fill our water bottles plus in room use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort Cozumel is an oceanfront resort located in front of the San Juan Reef on the North side of Cozumel Island, 5 minutes away from the Airport by car, just 15 minutes walking distance away from the typical Mexican and beautiful San Miguel Town. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Hotels.com so you can book your Coral Princess Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Princess Hotel Cozumel
- Coral Princess Hotel And Resort