“Great place to Stay/ Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 stars

You added Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort to your Saves list
Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carr. Costera Norte | Km. 2.5, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
The Colony, Texas
“Great place to Stay/ Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed December 22, 2012 - December 28, 2012 and had a great time! The staff are very friendly and helpful! The team waiting on your for breakfast were great, made us feel at home, they were very funny!

You can snorkel from the property, you can rent the snorkel gear for $10 US (24 hours period). The rooms were clean.

It is a bit of a walk to go downtown, we did it one day, but pay the 60 pesos (was price during our stay).

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Good afternoon "dlwebst"
In name of Coral Princess staff, we want to thank you for your excellente review on TripAdvisor, also we are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay in Cozumel island with us. The whole family of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort wish you an excellent day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Katy, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We are a family of 4 and have stayed at the Coral Princess Hotel & Resort from 12/23 to 12/27. The Coral Princess is very laid back and the service is excellent. The staff Ruben, Miguel, Damian and Pedro were very friendly and hard working, even if you don't tip all of the time.

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite, which was very spacious and clean. We had 2 sliding glass doors with an ocean view so constantly we had the sliding glass doors open for the sea air and we slept every night with the doors open to the sounds of the Caribbean Sea!

We snorkeled from the resort, which was fun and safe- we also did the snorkeling tour with Pepe Snorkel and Dive Shop that is on property!

We had a great time and will definitely be back soon!

Room Tip: Get the ocean view room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I took the time to write this review, because I feel it is wrong to mislead people with the hotel´s web page.
It’s nothing as advertised. The rooms are not studios. They are small and extremely humid. When it rains the smell is unbearable.
There is no beach, and when I tried to get into the ocean with my son, I fell. You can’t turn your back on your kids at the beach, it is dangerous.
It´s my first time using tripadvisor, but I tried to talk to someone at hotel to explain how I felt, no one cared. A nice man at the front desk (I don´t want him getting in trouble), told me that if I really wanted their general manger to take notice of these situations, the only thing to do was write a review. That he spent all his time answering the reviews, instead of correcting the problems at his property.
I´m not coming back, but travelers beware of this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to write a review, and I am so sorry that your experience with us was disappointing. We take all guest feedback very seriously, and we're constantly improving all aspects of our service and facilities. We even use online reviews to retrain employees. although we are aware safety of children is the responsibility of parents, in Coral Princess Hotel & Resort care about the safety of everyone. We sincerely hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can demonstrate the level of service that we are known for. If you do plan to be in the area again, please contact me directly by asking for the general manager and I will personally oversee your stay. Thank you. Jose Antonio Rico, General Manager"
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is our 20th or so stay at the Coral Princess. The friendly and super helpful staff are wonderful. Much sprucing up has been done since our last visit and, as always, everything is spotless! The snorkeling just off the dock is spectacular and it would be nice to warm up in the hot tub, if they could get it working. We love to sit at the pool bar for a lunch of Grilled fish fillet, chips & salsa and margs! Monday night with "Mugga" band and bbq ribs on the patio was perfect! We'll be back!

Room Tip: The view of the Caribbean is awesome from any OV room, but we like to be several floors up in a Cora...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This hotel is not a mega resort like so many, but it's clean, comfortable and the staff is great. Many of the staff have been here for 20-30 years! The beach is man made and it's not a great place to bring little kids that want to play in the surf, but if you want to snorkel, just jump in the ocean and swim with the fish!

Room Tip: Most the rooms are ocean views...the suites are great. It has a small kitchen, dining area and livin...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This was our third trip to Cozumel, and our second to the Coral Princess. It is a little way from town, but only a $6 cab fare, and you are away from the cruise ship terminal with it's hoards of passengers!
Each room has a magnificent view of the water and the one bedroom unit was perfect for the two of us, with a huge balcony off the living area and a smaller one off the bedroom. We were able to turn off the AC and listen to the rolling waves one night. Great bar, restaurant, and excellent service from all the staff

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view - you can't go wrong with any of them
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Happy anniversary trip, thanks for sharing and living in Coral Princess Hotel & Resort, it's good to know they spent a wonderful time and that their anniversary was memorable, the whole family of Coral Princess Hotel & Resort want them seeing you around in this beautiful Cozumel Island
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We just returned from an amazing 10 day stay at the Coral Princess. We have been to Cozumel 10+ times and love the north end of the island for the tranquility and snorkeling. The hotel is well maintained and the staff is very friendly. The ocean view is amazing! Unbelievable snorkeling and sunsets.

The hotel is perfect for those who do not like the "buffet land" all-inclusive resorts. In my opinion, It is better to get out and experience the island rather than be tied to one place day in and out. If you do want to dine in-house, the CP restaurant has very good (made to order) food and we had the breakfast plan included ( they let us switch out the Coral Breakfast meal and charged us for any price difference when we wanted something different). The hotel is a nice walk into town or a short cab ride (we rented a car for the week-- which usually works out to be about the same price as taking cabs around the island). We utilized the gym, the spa (massage) and the bars.

The service was at times... slow. But on a vacation in the Caribbean, not a big deal. The gym could use a treadmill and the karaoke bar staff could learn to work the machine (maybe they did not want to listen to me sing) but the location and beauty of this property cannot be beat. We did stay at the Fontan (now B) last year just to check it out, but the CP is definitely the way to go.

The only irritating thing was that the concierge (who is super nice) asked-- that since we had stayed several times if we would do a short 30 minute vacation club presentation. I did want to see the larger rooms because we have always stayed in the king ocean suite and was interested. The timeshare manager was a total jerk. After being told that I wasting his time, I told him that it was my birthday and I just wanted to see what the larger suites were like and then had plans for the rest of the day. He took me outside and pointed to one of the units from the pool area and said, "see there it is". No lie! I then asked again, as I was told that I was invited to do a tour of the larger units, he then told me he was not a bell boy. It is the bell boy's job to show rooms. Keep in mind that I was invited to the presentation. I did not seek one out. The time share manager also insulted the room we were staying in calling it a "dorm room"... not sure what his tactic was there. In the end, my thought is that while I am on vacation. I don't want to cook, mix a drink, watch TV or do anything else...maybe if I was there for a month, but not for a week or so.

Other than that one timeshare thing, it was perfectly lovely. We look forward to going back to the Coral Princess on our next trip to Cozumel. BTW, We went with another couple and they loved it there as well.

Room Tip: get the ocean view room. . ..watch the cruise ships come into the island in the morning and leave at...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
JOSE ANTONIO R, Gerente at Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for your feedback, Coral Princess' Family is very important to know how were your holidays, I'm glad to know they spent 10 wonderful days in this beautiful island, and I share his opinion the best is to stay in Coral princess take your breakfast and meet all how beautiful they are on the island in addition to knowledge of the regional cuisine. I'll talk with the Director of Timeshare to not happen again, an incident like what happened to you, you have my word

Been to Coral Princess Hotel & Dive Resort? Share your experiences!