We just returned from an amazing 10 day stay at the Coral Princess. We have been to Cozumel 10+ times and love the north end of the island for the tranquility and snorkeling. The hotel is well maintained and the staff is very friendly. The ocean view is amazing! Unbelievable snorkeling and sunsets.
The hotel is perfect for those who do not like the "buffet land" all-inclusive resorts. In my opinion, It is better to get out and experience the island rather than be tied to one place day in and out. If you do want to dine in-house, the CP restaurant has very good (made to order) food and we had the breakfast plan included ( they let us switch out the Coral Breakfast meal and charged us for any price difference when we wanted something different). The hotel is a nice walk into town or a short cab ride (we rented a car for the week-- which usually works out to be about the same price as taking cabs around the island). We utilized the gym, the spa (massage) and the bars.
The service was at times... slow. But on a vacation in the Caribbean, not a big deal. The gym could use a treadmill and the karaoke bar staff could learn to work the machine (maybe they did not want to listen to me sing) but the location and beauty of this property cannot be beat. We did stay at the Fontan (now B) last year just to check it out, but the CP is definitely the way to go.
The only irritating thing was that the concierge (who is super nice) asked-- that since we had stayed several times if we would do a short 30 minute vacation club presentation. I did want to see the larger rooms because we have always stayed in the king ocean suite and was interested. The timeshare manager was a total jerk. After being told that I wasting his time, I told him that it was my birthday and I just wanted to see what the larger suites were like and then had plans for the rest of the day. He took me outside and pointed to one of the units from the pool area and said, "see there it is". No lie! I then asked again, as I was told that I was invited to do a tour of the larger units, he then told me he was not a bell boy. It is the bell boy's job to show rooms. Keep in mind that I was invited to the presentation. I did not seek one out. The time share manager also insulted the room we were staying in calling it a "dorm room"... not sure what his tactic was there. In the end, my thought is that while I am on vacation. I don't want to cook, mix a drink, watch TV or do anything else...maybe if I was there for a month, but not for a week or so.
Other than that one timeshare thing, it was perfectly lovely. We look forward to going back to the Coral Princess on our next trip to Cozumel. BTW, We went with another couple and they loved it there as well.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Princess Hotel And Resort
- Coral Princess Hotel Cozumel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Absolute relaxing ambiance. Designed to offer prime category services along the reef turquoise waters. The perfect place for couples who seek intimacy, families looking for unique bonding moments and others looking forward to make remarkable friend trips. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Priceline, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Coral Princess Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.