“Total surprise, happened there by mistake but we are glad.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #51 of 144 things to do in Cozumel
Activities: Scuba diving
More attraction details
Owner description: While not very long, this reef is full of brightly colored fish and coral.
St. Clair Shores, MI
8 attraction reviews
“Total surprise, happened there by mistake but we are glad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We took a late taxi from our cruise port to what we thought would be Carlos N Charlies beach. Our overpriced taxi driver ($30) dropped us off at this place. We think he knew the owners. We ordered a drink, the beach was bare but the bar was open. We took a seat and were approached by "Fernando" who offered us a free gift for stopping in. Fernando told us about how he had just reopened this establishment after being closed for 5 years. He took us to his souvenier shop and gave my daughter and I a free handmade bracelet. He also gave my daughter a free shot of tequilla. All he asked of us was to tell our cruise ship about his place and his service. I promised I would. This is a great place to start a review. The beach is clean and beautiful and the service was remarkable. Fernando and his staff are the friendliest people we came across on our trip. We enjoyed our very short stay and wished we had more time.

Visited May 2012

Sarasota, Florida
14 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2012

I dove with Del Mar when we visited the San Francisco reef. The vista is awesome! I would visit it again. You just have to be there !

Boston, Massachusetts
9 attraction reviews
“First dive since certification..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

While I can only make my comparison to the water of the Boston Harbor (by the way- it was surprisingly good for people wondering...lots of starfish and of course lobsters and crabs) where I did my open water dives, I heard from other divers that the site was pretty average for Cozumel. For me, it was a great safe place to make my first dive. I was nervous about the depth and for those wondering the reef is about 80 ft down and the drift was crazy. You really could just observe and be carried along with the current. We went with Sand Dollar Diving and the Dive Master was great and took care of our directions so that we could just take-in the aquatic life. We did see a HUGE crab, a spotted moray eel, a HUGE conch and lots of angel fish and other beautiful coral and fishes:)

Visited February 2012