“Lover's getaway” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 79 Attractions in Cozumel
Type: Islands, State Parks, Outdoors
Activities: Snorkeling
More attraction details
Owner description: Escape to a gorgeous secluded island. A beach paradise, known as Passion Island, the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Caribbean at its best! Just 15 minutes away from downtown, once in paradise you are invited to submerge yourself in a world of palm trees, hammocks, lounge beds, picnic tables and beach games. All age activities. Buffet lunch and open bar complementary.
Austin, Texas
25 attraction reviews
“Lover's getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

After a taxi ride, then a water taxi you will arrive at Isla de Pasion. Secluded and beautiful. If you are after peace, quiet and relaxation, then I recommend this one for you. White sand, turquoise water, plenty of food and drinks. Massages are given in private beach side cabanas. (about $20) No children were there. It was very private and charming. Beach chairs aren't that great, but they really weren't bad either. I would visit again in a heartbeat. Or in this case a Mexican Minute!!

Visited January 2013
Fàtima B, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Isla de Pasion, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Jajajaja !!! Thanks for visiting Isla Pasion, of course, we hope you come back very soon!

Austin, Texas
14 attraction reviews
“So relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We (hubby, 11 year old son, and I) took the twister boat (what a blast!) to Passion Island. The beach is beautiful. There were 4 cruise ships in port that day, and yet this place was not overly crowded. There was always hammocks, tables, and chairs available. The buffet was ok, and the same for the drinks. I must say that I am a light weight when it comes to alcohol, but after 4 drinks, I felt nothing...I'm guessing the drinks are pretty weak.

I will say that our guide (cant remember her name) worked darn hard making sure we were all safe. Two people in our group did not show up when it was time to go, and our guide was on top of things searching for them so they didn't get left behind.

The down side to this place is #1) we arrived at 10:30 and had to meet for the boat at 1:35 (not enough time there) and #2) the venders are too aggressive. You have to walk between the shops to the restroom. I had one vender follow me to the restroom and wait for me to come out to hound me some more. That is too far for me. I did have a wonderful massage on the beach though!

Visited January 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
“Beach days don't get much better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Only one way worth taking for the ride to Isla Pasion - the Twister - an absolute blast. Once there, you find a picture postcard white sandy beach with plenty of activities to keep the kids busy, plus some organized games to win free premium drinks. The buffet was average but perfectly acceptable and there are a couple of bars to get your drinks - there was also attentive staff to bring drinks to you beach loungers. Inflatables in the water, kids playground, kayaks, beach toys - lots of fun to be had. Only disappointment was the swimming area was fairly small and water was cloudy so snorkelling was not an option the day we were there. There are also a few local craft type shops - but the prices seemed a little high compared with the area around the port. We have been to a couple of the beach clubs in Cozumel and without a doubt, Isla Pasion is the beach we will return to.

Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“The Speed Boat Ride was great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

The speed boat ride to and from the island was great. We needed to rest on the island afterwards. Would do it again.

Visited August 2012
The Woodlands, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“its just a beach, no snorkeling :(”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went in late december, so the water was cold and not that clear. There's the water float things and that's about it. Food was good (mainly the guacamole!!!!).

Visited December 2012