“Hotel Cozumel a bargain within the travel industry” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Cozumel and Resort to your Saves list
Hotel Cozumel and Resort
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carretera Costera Sur, Km 1.7, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #36 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
“Hotel Cozumel a bargain within the travel industry”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and the staff is very attentive. Waiters constantly touching base with you, this is an all inclusive hotel, drinks included. Our stay was during low season and the property was at 20% of capacity. We felt like we were in a private villa. Scuba diving provided by Dive Paradise, on property, was outstanding.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Me & my girlfriend decided to go to this resort over the summer. Overall we loved this resort, I recommend you to go there! The Food, Service, and LOCATION. Was literally perfect couldn't ask for better. The people who worked there were very friendly, and helpful. I was thankful! :-) We seriously appreciate all the service there. Our Bedroom was beautiful had very nice view, and especially very clean. The Location, price everything else was just for us. This is a great resort, I recommend it.

Room Tip: Stay on the high floor to get a nice view :-)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Aransas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a mecca for divers no beach just a small strip of sand great family atmosphere food was bland close to town and tourist attractions good value for the money rooms are plain but the cleanest I've ever seen

• Stayed August 2013
Spearfish, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I decided to go on a trip during the summer as a vacation before school started back up. Since I'm a student, I'm frankly pretty cheap and can sleep just about anywhere. I keep my expectations for hotels pretty low, but Cozumel might make me raise my standards. The beds were nice. Like I said, I can sleep anywhere but I know some people expect more so I'll elaborate a little. They were comfortable and I had a good night's sleep on them and woke with no pain. The sheets were soft and nice. The room was very clean, as well, as you'd expect from a well-rated room; no leaks, weird smells, etc. The A/C worked well so it was never too hot, which I'm very glad for as it could've made the trip miserable otherwise. I saw another review comment about the wi-fi, but as my trip was short I didn't bother packing my computer so I can't say whether it was good or bad. Overall it was just a good, comfy, clean-looking, and clean-smelling room. I'd seen the high ratings for the room before I went and I wasn't let down by it at least. No complaints. But it's the staff that really impressed me.

Most of the hotels I stay at are in-state, so I don't really have reason to talk to them much. But being in an unfamiliar place, the staff of Cozumel were invaluable when it came to finding my way around. It definitely would've been harder to figure out the locale without them, and they were very sweet and polite about helping me as well as serving me food and drink, which was something I was worried about as the furthest I'd traveled previously was a short roadtrip in the midwest to see a show in Denver, CO. It also made it that much nicer that everything I needed I could walk to, because I'd probably have been so scared of getting lost I wouldn't have left the hotel otherwise lol.

The second thing I loved was the pool. I did go to the beach, too, and the scenery was amazing. Very beautiful, especially in the early morning and just before the sun set. And the ocean was way bluer than I'd thought it'd be! But even though I was dying to go swimming, I hadn't gone been since I was a kid. It made the ocean a bit rough for me and I ended up just wading a bit. But at least there was a pool so I still got to go swimming this summer!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Staff-
Decoration-
Food-
Everything - this is a fantastic resort.
The dive crew is Helpful and Sweet. Professional and HONEST. (Dive Paradise)
The food is fantastic, diverse, and fresh. If your eating health or throwing caution to the wind...its YUMMY. (The ONLY complaint i had was I only got Flan once -: ( in Mexico that's just not fair LOL) If you cant find something good to eat your not trying.
This is not the Ritz Carlton - so don't expect a 5 star pampering. OK well they do respond to your every request...
I really cant give you a single complaint.
we were there for 6 days, the bed is FIRM!~
The pool PREFECT and the people awesome, respectful and just a flat pleasure to deal with.
We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If your going to do a lot of walking, get a lower floor room. the Views from all the room we saw wer...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We ended up picking Hotel Cozumel for a girl's getaway trip because of room availability and price, but we were pretty impressed with resort once we got there. The staff was friendly and attentive and the location was pretty close to downtown that most of the time we just walked to where we wanted to go. The rooms were pretty nice - had great A/C and plenty of hot water. The animal art the maids made using the towels was pretty cute. The room service was excellent - really good food! Tree frogs would come up to our window sometimes, which was a cool thing to see. We made great use of the pool area, spending most of days lounging. The poolside furniture was nice and clean - they seemed pretty new. Overall, I loved the resort and the price was reasonable. Only wish the wifi worked better in the room. I would definitely go again!

Room Tip: A room closer the lobby area may get a better wifi signal
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have been coming to Hotel Cozumel for so many years, that we feel that it is our home away from home:) The staff is so polite and welcoming. They all really work hard to make your stay a memorable one. They are updating this hotel nicely. They have new pool chairs, loungers and tables. Their bedding is more comfortable and have new pool and bath towels. The beach area is also being renovated.(adding more lockers, sidewalks, lounge chairs) We missed the nightly shows, but I guess they were taking a break. We always do the all-inclusive, and really enjoy the breakfasts and the Snack Bar! Overall, had another fantastic stay. Thank you Hotel Cozumel. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Cozumel and Resort? Share your experiences!