“Casa del Mar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel

You added Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel to your Saves list
Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel
2.5 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera Chankanaab Sur Km. 4 | Costera Sur, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Ranked #27 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Terrell, Texas
“Casa del Mar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have stayed at Casa Del Mar at least 10 times and it is great. The staff is kind and goes out of their way to help you. The dining room is very nice and the food is good. My husband dives, so he loves the fact that they have their own dive shop just across the street. My sister and I went together this last time and they did everything they could to help us arrange all of our excursions and trips to town.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Moodus, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I have been going to Cozumel off and on since 1985 , mostly to go diving . I have never committed to a dive package in the past because I did not want to be locked in to an operation I might not like after the first dive . A friend recommended I try Hotel Casa Del Mar , and to be honest I am glad I did . I initially stayed and dove in August , but I enjoyed myself so much I went back this October 19-26 . It is important to point out that this is the first time in 37 years that I have traveled and vacationed by myself.

Sandra from Casa Del Mar handled all my arrangement and requests , which for me made it very very easy . From the moment I stepped out of the taxi , I was made to feel like family , which for a single traveler , and not knowing anybody , helped a lot . When I asked about the dive package , Sandra recommended that , due to the iffy weather I purchased my diving on a daily basis , which made perfect sense to me , and was also a good value .

The condition of the grounds is addressed on a daily basis and are very well kept and clean . I stayed on the first floor and had a giant bed , plenty of hot water , cold air , tv , and a very well kept room .

During my stay I had a problem with my air conditioner , and happened to mentioned it in passing the front desk . I had been in my room about five minutes when a knock came at my door . It was the maintenance man who took care of the problem right away. The other issue I had was really funny . I do not knowingly consume caffeine because it makes me sick . So I only drink decaff coffee . One day at the restaurant I found out that they did not have decaff coffee . No big deal . The next morning I was walking by when the waitress grabs me and says Sandra went out and bought decaff just for you . Now that's customer service.

Had a great time , and am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights on a quick trip to the Island. The staff was fantastic, efficient and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable for one - all in all a great place to stay while I was here diving. I did have lunch at the restaurant even though I should have known better but it was raining so...........my bad :(

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Spent a week in this tranquil paradise with the dive shop of Fairfax va. Loved the staff and their attentiveness. Great diving staff with the Dive House. Went backward to please all of us. Will definitively be back!

• Stayed October 2012
austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

One of my daughters and I stayed here again in late September. September and October are VERY slow months in Cozumel. We booked the combined room and dives, and we're wonderfully accommodated by Casa del Mar, as well as Del Mar Aquatics.

The rooms are a great value, with tile floors and balconies, that handle dripping scuba gear well.

There is an Onsite bar and restaurant with good, reasonably priced food and drink, right next to the pool - both with ocean views.

They have a private bridge that crosses the street (almost all hotels sit across the street on the island), right down to their private beach, Onsite dive shop, and snorkeling area.

The dive shop is pretty good. Dive masters Renee and Juan are simply awesome, asking you what you would like to see, then having the boat go there.

If you want to go into town, it's a cheap taxi ride, or the front desk will help you with a rental.

Very good overall place!!

• Stayed September 2012
austin, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel three times (the 4th is coming up).

This hotel is a few miles south of the City center. However, that also makes it closer to the dive sites (shorter boat ride).

The hotel has it's own dive shop, which located across a bridge from the hotel (the main road is along the beach). There is a private beach, where you can swim, snorkel, or shore dive (have a surface marker, as you swim under active boat lane).

The hotel staff has always been very friendly, attentive, and helpful. They can arrange cars for you (there is a rental place across the street), scuba trips, trips to their private resort to the south (and big discounts, too), and much more. It is an inexpensive taxi-ride into the main town, if you'd like. There is also a lot of shopping to the south, towards the cruise-ship pier (can also shop in the main town).

There is an onsite restaurant and bar, which actually has decent food and pricing. You can either opt for the "all included" meal plan, or go ala carte.

There are two types of rooms; some are private "cabanas" which are located poolside, and the rest are in the main complex. Most of the rooms have balconies where you can hang your scuba gear. The beds are the typical "firm", but are pretty comfortable. There is a safe in the room for your valuables (you check out a keyed lock from the front desk). The room service is very good, and it's fun to come back from a day of diving, and see what they have made your towels into (various animals).

There is a large pool, with a great view of the ocean, complete with a swim-up bar (sometimes the bar is not open).

If you want to make a day trip to go to Playa del Carmen, it is a short ferry ride from the docks in town (inexpensive cab ride). Ferries are very modern and fast, covering the 12 miles across the channel pretty quickly.

Room Tip: Try and get an ocean view room, but all of the rooms are pretty decent. The lower floor rooms, towar...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Pijnacker
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is 90% used by divers, which means that there are plenty of free sunbeds for the non divers. Garden and pool area was well kept but it would have been nice with some parasols for shade by the sun beds. Reasonable prices in the restaurant but limited menu. Breakfast is rather bland. Shower was not hot. On our arrival we were greeted by a moldy smell in the lobby.

Dive with Roberta's Eco-Dive just across the road to the left of Atlantis. They were a lot friendlier than the dive shop of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel? Share your experiences!