I have been going to Cozumel off and on since 1985 , mostly to go diving . I have never committed to a dive package in the past because I did not want to be locked in to an operation I might not like after the first dive . A friend recommended I try Hotel Casa Del Mar , and to be honest I am glad I did . I initially stayed and dove in August , but I enjoyed myself so much I went back this October 19-26 . It is important to point out that this is the first time in 37 years that I have traveled and vacationed by myself.
Sandra from Casa Del Mar handled all my arrangement and requests , which for me made it very very easy . From the moment I stepped out of the taxi , I was made to feel like family , which for a single traveler , and not knowing anybody , helped a lot . When I asked about the dive package , Sandra recommended that , due to the iffy weather I purchased my diving on a daily basis , which made perfect sense to me , and was also a good value .
The condition of the grounds is addressed on a daily basis and are very well kept and clean . I stayed on the first floor and had a giant bed , plenty of hot water , cold air , tv , and a very well kept room .
During my stay I had a problem with my air conditioner , and happened to mentioned it in passing the front desk . I had been in my room about five minutes when a knock came at my door . It was the maintenance man who took care of the problem right away. The other issue I had was really funny . I do not knowingly consume caffeine because it makes me sick . So I only drink decaff coffee . One day at the restaurant I found out that they did not have decaff coffee . No big deal . The next morning I was walking by when the waitress grabs me and says Sandra went out and bought decaff just for you . Now that's customer service.
Had a great time , and am looking forward to my next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel is a charming Mexican hideaway facing the magnificent Caribbean Sea. Situated across the main boulevard with 98 comfortable rooms and eight recently restored Deluxe Cabañas, the property is surrounded by beautiful and exotic garden area with a Mexican town feeling. Casa del Mar Cozumel is located two and a half miles south of downtown, less than five minutes away from the famous “Paraiso” reef. Our hotel is ideal for vacation, business, honeymooners and divers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Del Mar Cozumel
- Casa Del Mar Resort Cozumel