“Nice property, rooms were spacious with great views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera a Chankanaab Km 7.5, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #8 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Sun City, Arizona
“Nice property, rooms were spacious with great views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed from May 2nd through May 12th 2015. This was a scuba diving vacation for us and ScubaTony Cozumel's boats were able to pick us up right at the pier which was very convenient. It was nice to be located out of town as Cozumel has grown so much since we were last here. Taxi ride into town was $10 each way. We did walk to the Cruise ship pier and Chankanaab but it was quite a hike.

Our room was a 1 bedroom king suite on the 6th floor. Room was very nice, spacious and clean with great views. The bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. Shower was great, rainfall shower head (which needed to be cleaned better, possibly mold?) plenty of hot water and good water pressure. Loved the balcony where I could sit and read and look at the beautiful blue water or watch the boats go by. And it was a double balcony so there was plenty of room to let out dive equipment dry.

Wi-fi was fast and free which was a big plus.

The resort was pretty empty because it was the start of off-season and there was no gift shop for minor purchases. The tour company on site helped us arrange a trip to Tulum and Coba.

The housekeeping staff was great, kept our room clean and accommodated my request for all diet pepsi for soda in the mini fridge. Overall the staff was friendly with the exception of a few of the bartenders at the pool bar who seemed to be bothered if you asked for something.

My husband and I are not typically all inclusive type travelers because we do enjoy getting out and trying local bars and restaurants but the food we did eat at this resort was generally pretty decent. We ate at the breakfast buffet almost daily, nice selection of fresh fruits, made to order omelets, etc. Ironically we never ate dinner at the Mexican restaurant but we did enjoy the other 2 restaurants. And room service was always available.

Overall a good vacation.

Room Tip: All rooms face ocean, select upper floors for better views, end of the hall to stay away from noise...
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Effingham, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed at Fiesta Americana Cozumel in May 2015. This was overall a very nice place to stay. Our room was very spacious. It had a huge shower, as well as a hammock and hot tub on the balcony and a very comfortable bed. There was also free wifi all over the resort which was very nice for staying in touch with home.
While we were there, we discovered that this is there down season and the resort had roughly only 120 people staying there. There was great snorkeling right off the beach. It worked out really well to walk just up to road to the Money Bar and float down. The pools and beach are nice but they don't have the traditional beach where you just walk in from the sand, instead having to climb down steps or a ladder.
The food was good, although there really are just three primary restaurants for dinner and they rotated on a nightly basis of one being closed and the other two being open. Some reviews took issue with the strength of the drinks but they were more than sufficient. Javier is a great bartender that is really good to interact with. At night you can participate in some more creative drinks such as flaming shots or rainbow shots.
If you want to do a little more than to veg out in or around the pool, there are activities from water aerobics and volleyball to nightly shows and billiards. Nestor works in the activities department and is fantastic at interacting with guests and will gladly serve as DJ if you want a certain song or kind of music. Omar Chaparro will also provide good activities and entertainment when Nestor isn't there.
I would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Great Mills, Md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Based on the glowing reviews the Fiesta Americana Cozumel has received since their re-opening, I had very high hopes for our vacation. However, there were several areas that could've been improved. This was my second time staying at an all inclusive in Cozumel (first time staying at the Fiesta) and my 6th all inclusive trip total so I'd like to think of myself as having fair/realistic expectations. We stayed 16 May - 22 May.

First issue, our room. We booked an "Ocean View" room and that's not what we got. What we got was a room on the third floor which was level with the roof of the lobby/pool area. We couldn't see the ocean. I would've been more accepting about this issue, however we were told the resort was only at 30% capacity. I find it hard to believe we couldn't be put in an ocean view room when over half the rooms were empty, and that is what we booked after all. Then there was our shower, which flooded our bathroom and room, EVERY single night. The housekeeping staff (kudos to them) started leaving extra towels for us to help soak up the water each night. The shower was flat with the floor, there is barely any ledge around the shower and the drain is level with the floor, so the water poured into the bathroom, then into our room. It was always a mess.

On to the food. The restaurants were surprisingly good for an all-inclusive. I've learned not to go into AI's with high expectations for the food so I was pleasantly surprised when we actually got quite a few delicious meals. The only restaurant we weren't happy with was the Mexicana (Seriously? It's Mexico, they should nail the Mexican food!). First, it took forever to get our meals and as for our appetizers they came out about ten minutes AFTER our entrees. My chicken was undercooked, I couldn't eat it, and my husband's beef was so overcooked it had the consistency of jerky. When we finally got our appetizers we were relieved, hoping for something we could actually eat. That was not the case, my carpaccio was not fresh at all and I had to spit it out over fear of getting sick. This wasn't a huge deal, we simply headed over to the Italian restaurant Rosato and ordered meals there. We ate there three times during the course of the week and it was always excellent. I recommend the Sea Bass, it's delicious! The restaurants were not always open at the same time. I had no issues with that since it's low season and we always found something we liked. The only other issue I had with food service was the main buffet on the beach was only open two days of our trip. The rest of the week it was closed for renovations. This would've been OK but the beach bar is in that same building so if you wanted a drink you had to cross the street and go all the way back to the pool bar or wait for a waiter to come down and then he would have to hike all the way over to the pool bar. It was such a pain and I felt terrible running that poor waiter all around! There was one gentlemen (I wish I remembered his name and he was awesome, constantly running back and forth). The other issue with the renovations was that if you wanted to lay on the sun beds at the beach or near the small pool on the beach you had to listen to saws, hammers, etc. and it was really the last thing you want when you're trying to relax on a beach. The bathrooms were also in this facility, and they were closed also which meant there was no where to use the bathroom on the beach side.

As for the bar service, I found the drinks to be OK just weak. I often was asking them to make it stronger. Most of the bartenders were great with the exception of a few who seemed annoyed anytime someone wanted a drink.

The gift shop was an ordeal. We went to make a purchase and they said you have to use a credit card, no cash accepted, so we go to our room and get our card. We come back and they say you can't pay here you have to go to the front desk with this invoice, pay, and then come back and pick up your merchandise, what a pain! They really need a cash register in there.

Finally - the stepping stones at the Asian restaurant (Peninsula), BE CAREFUL! We watched a lady fall very hard while leaving the restaurant. They have stepping stones above water walking into the restaurant, it should really be a solid platform in my opinion. In any case, if you miss a step your ankle will be stuck in a relatively deep rut and you'll fall like the woman we saw. I don't know how she didn't break her ankle. I'm surprised they have it set up like that, especially with people drinking everywhere.

Why would I return? Overall, the food was good. There is great snorkeling in front of the resort and I loved the sun beds over the water. The majority of the resort workers were very helpful. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The free wifi was fast! Essentially, there was no major issue that would prevent me from coming back, but if I booked an ocean view room again and didn't receive it, I would be complaining unlike this time. However, if I could get a better price at the El Cid La Ceiba, we would likely stay there. We stayed there last year and found it to be a really great value.

Room Tip: Avoid room 306!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Haven't done all inclusive for a while, but found it very relaxing,
without the worries of having to search out restaurants in town
or checking prices. Just arrived, enjoyed and relaxed. Food
and amenities good, but dress code caused issue 1st night
in only restaurant open, and caused us to miss dinner. Dress
code was not a condition on checking in, and given all meals
paid for, should not have been refused. (note, was still
dressed nicely!). They tried to make it up, and spoke to their
staff, so hopefully no-one else will experience that.
Overall the trip was really great, and staff very nice and
attentive. Rooms were nice, clean, comfortable and modern.
Lounge area over the water was spectacular and a great
place to pass the afternoons! Would definitely go back.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I spent a week in early March with our 19 yo daughter. It was our first experience with an all inclusive resort and we were a little doubtful but were quickly impressed. We had arranged transportation from the airport and were met at the curb of the FA and greeted by name. Welcome drink (juice mix--delicious) and off to our Queen suite with ocean view that was clean and comfortable. Divided into two rooms with two baths it was perfect for privacy with daughter. We ate at the three different restaurants (Mexican, Asian, Italian) with no waits and exceptional food and service. Morning breakfast buffet on beach was a great start to the day (omelets made to order) and dinner buffet offered many choices more casual than restaurants. Upper pool area has a swim up bar and regular bar and could be boisterous. Platform beach was quiet with no trouble getting a shaded seat. Nice single lane lap pool on the beach. Beach boys very attentive for drinks and refills. We snorkeled off the beach and were pleased at the numerous fish and sea life (tropical fish, lobster, eel, cuttlefish and corals). The hotel set our daughter up with scuba dives for three days with Sand Dollar Diving. She enjoyed her dives but third day was a large group with cruise ship types. She tagged along on a night dive with another guest with a different dive shop. Dive companies pick up and drop off at the FA pier--very convenient. Live music in the main bar in the evening and modest cultural shows on the beach.
This is not a resort for spring break types or those seeking a wild time and big production shows. It is a quiet and relaxing resort with outstanding service. Mostly middle age couples and couples in general. We saw two families with small children. Our daughter appeared to be the only teenager. We never left the resort other than the occasional walk (away from town).
All-inclusive made every day easy. Tipping is not required but we did so happily. Our only recommendations for the resort would be a fan in the work-out room, a connected printer to the guest computer and a lane line on the bottom of the lap pool.
Bottom line--a truly relaxing low-key, no-stress week.We will be back!!!

Stayed May 2015
Amarillo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

this was our first trip to cozumel from the time we arrived at the hotel Agnes and the rest of the staff made us feel at home. the facility was clean food was good overall was a great week. we also fell in love with Arturo very professional young man he seemed to go out of his way to make sure we were satisfied at all times . took a snorkerling trip but outside the hotel was very nice as well.we will definately be back

Room Tip: we stayed in the deluxe ocean view ample enough room for 3 adults
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

The hotel had the basic amenities including a pool and 5 restaurants. The food was the best part of the visit. It was missing a sandy beach and could have used more entertainment. A great part of our visit was the service we received, specifically from Javier at the main bar. It's employees like Javier that make this hotel and excellent choice to visit. I would recommended staying at this hotel but would allow for activities outside the hotel.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive? Share your experiences!