My husband and I stayed at the Fiesta Americana during spring break (March, 2015). We had a great stay. The staff is super friendly (good English) and made us feel welcome. I was disappointed in that I paid more for an ocean front room and was given a room with an obstructed view (second floor-- watched men roofing a building all day). The food was good. We ate at the Italian, Mexican, outdoor buffet, and grill and enjoyed them all. The Italian was our favorite. We didn't really have anything we didn't like. The meat is different-- chicken tends to be overcooked. The desserts are good but not sweet like American desserts. One thing to note is this is not a beachfront hotel. You right next to the water and the facility has done a good job creating places to lay out in the sun but it's not a beach to walk along. However, with that being said, it had two really good perks 1) the snorkeling was fabulous right at the hotel and 2) this side of the island did not have strong currents as on the coconut side nor did it have the terrible seaweed that we saw on the mainland and also on the other side of the island. The resort was also very quiet during spring break. There were no college students here; it was more about couples and families. We did spend a lot of money on outside excursions right at the hotel (parasailing, snorkeling, and a jeep trip). There is a guy inside the hotel that will arrange everything for you and make sure you get to the right place. I would recommend the extra snorkeling trip that goes to three different areas and also the full day jeep excursion (you see crocodiles, the Mayan ruins, the tequila factory (don't get sucked into the spill here-- way expensive), and also get to snorkel in a different location, with different types of fish. I would recommend you take an underwater camera with you. Everything else is provided (all equipment). The room was okay-- typical beach room. It was clean and roomy. It did have a seaweed smell which we think was the water.... I would recommend taking your own 50 plus sunscreen. No matter how tan you are-- you will burn. The sun is hot. There were so many people that were in so much pain-- it happens in a very short period of time even when it is raining. Also, you do get all the drinks you want. The wine in the restaurants was fair but the drinks at the resort were just okay-- weaker than usual. There is also a coffee/ice cream shop, one pool and one ping pong table. Overall, we had a great time and would certainly go back. We would just make sure we actually could see the ocean!
On another side note, we rented a car but did not need it. Don't get sucked into the time share crap at the airport. This hotel does not provide transportation. Take a taxi for $11.00-- you are not far from the airport. The mainland doesn't really offer much other than what you can find in Cozumel. The ferry is a 30 minute ride so you may consider taking a 1/2 day but check the return times or you might get stuck.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Fiesta American Cozumel All Inclusive offers upscale and family-friendly accommodations on Cozumel calm southwestern shore, which happens to offer some of the best scuba diving and snorkeling in all of Mexico. Guests can flow from the terrace swimming pool to the open-air lobby bar, from the coffee bar to the game room, and back again, making it easy for everyone in the family to find a spot that makes them feel happy and free. There are five on-site restaurants and multiple bars, with a la carte or buffet dining all day long and late into the night. There's a business center, workout room, boat dock, kids' club, movie area, game room, and a variety of lounging areas so guests can find just the right ambiance, any time of day. It's the ideal setting for families, friends and couples to create unforgettable moments they will remember for a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive Hotel Cozumel
- Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort
- Cozumel Fiesta Americana