“Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive

You added Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera a Chankanaab Km 7.5, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #14 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Moore, Oklahoma
“Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We recently returned from our AI vacation at Fiesta Americana Cozumel and absolutely loved the experience. The service and staff were impeccable and the location was beautiful. The rooms are clean and bright as well as comfortable. Every balcony has a hammock and all rooms have an ocean view. We typically choose January for our winter vacation and appreciate the lower number of tourists during that time period. Shopping in town (close to the cruise terminals) is about a $10 taxi ride each way. Although this is an all-inclusive, it is only appropriate to tip the staff for their impeccable service at meals and at the bar so bring some smaller bills! This is a great resort to relax and clear your mind. Highly recommend!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cullowhee, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I've been to several hotels in Cozumel and this is my favorite. The rooms are simple and comfortable, the food choices are excellent and plentiful, the beach is small but convenient, the staff are friendly and accommodating. Lot's to do here. Easy place to SCUBA. They pick you up at a close by dock - right onto the boat. Not real close to El Central, but that's a good thing. Great place to rent a car and see the whole island.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I recently returned from Cozumel and while I was there, I stayed at the Fiesta Americana. I don't have a basis for comparison since it was my first AI but based solely on my experience, I can't recommend this place enough. Its a beautiful resort, located right on the ocean with two pools. The aesthetic and layout of the hotel lends itself to relaxation. I spent a lot of time just by the pool reading. There are activities going on during the day but there was never pressure to engage any more than you wanted to.

What I felt really made this place, though, was the staff. I really appreciated their hospitality and friendliness. Especially the wait staff who managed not to cringe when I tried to practice some of my Spanish with them. Everything in the resort is accessible and easy to find from the restaurants to the travel agent. I arranged a snorkel trip through the resort, seamlessly.

There were only a few things I thought could have improved the experience:
1. No On-site ATM - having to go into town to get cash was a little inconvenient.
2. Peninsula restaurant (Asian) food. For the most part their restaurants are very nice. The only one I would say I actually disliked was the Asian one. I'm not sure if they don't have access to the right ingredients, but the food there was very bland.
3. Noise in the rooms - I could always hear when the room above and adjacent to mind was being cleaned or people were moving around. The walls seemed kind of thin.

These things are minor and don't really detract from the welcoming experience of the Fiesta Americana. I would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Can't say enough good about this resort. We stayed here a few years ago and it was nice then, but since the renovation it is fantastic. The beds were very comfortable. The linens were crisp and clean as where the rooms. The service was impeccable and we really enjoyed having the choice of three different restaurants for dinner. All of the foodwas wonderful and beautifully presented. The wait staff were very friendly, professional, attentive and worked hard to meet your every need. We will definitely come back again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We got an amazing deal through funjet and can't say enough good things. Every room has an ocean view and the staff really go the extra mile..... From Mariana greeting us at check in, Gustavo keeping our drinks topped off at the bar, Edgar waiting on us with a smile and Marcial greeting us at breakfast and lunch personally with his recommendations for the day...... All the staff new our names by the second day. The beds were inviting yet firm, with great pillows. The shower was spacious with a overhead rain shower. The furniture was ample complete with a hammock on the balcony. The food was amazing and had a lot of different choices. Don't expect the same thing every day. The breakfast buffet has anything you could think of.....There were usually 2 of 4 different places to have dinner nightly..... Asian, Mexican, Italian and themed buffets on the beach too. This was my first all inclusive and I was very impressed....I will be back as you can tell the management is doing everything right. They aim to please.

• Stayed January 2015
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We (my girlfriend and I) just left the hotel and we must say we already miss it. We enjoyed every minute of our stay.
The hotel is about a hundred rooms big and the occupation was a bit low, so it gave us lots of space and good service. It was fully renovated and just opened in September '14. It is an all inclusive so you don't have to worry but about yourself.
First, the room. It was a Jr. Suite with a semi private pool (shared with room next door). The pool was a bit too cold so we actually never used it. At the front desk they told us that you can not warm the pool, so what's the point of it? Actually, no biggy. The rest of the room was very comfortable and cozy. In the process of renewing it, someone made a small mistake in the shower and if not careful you can hit the showerhead with the glass door. We actually took an upgrade for the room because of the pool we didn't use and we missed a seaview room. But we spent very little time in the room during the day so it wasn't a problem.
The lobby is probably one of my favorite spots, very spacious and open. The bar separates the lobby from the pool area and gives service to both of them. The temperature of this pool is very comfortable.
And just across the street is the access to to a small reef. Great place for snorkeling.
The restaurants. On the beach side there are the of them. One buffet, one with burgers, hotdogs, nachos and burritos and one with seafood.
The other restaurants are one Asian, a Mexican and an Italian. The food quality in every one of them was outstanding. And the restaurant we loved the most was the Italian.
The service was also very good. Especially in the Italian restaurant were we had dinner twice. The waiter Miguel Ángel simply did more enjoyable or dinners.
In the lobby/pool bar Hugo the night bar tender treated us like royalty. They have a great alcohol selection with a huge variety.
In the travel agency they were very helpful to book us daily activities.
All in all we had a great experience and We would singly recommend the place as couples getaway.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

After passing the hordes of cruise ship passengers, so glad we chose a hotel far from the daily madness. After 4 nights, elated we chose the Fiesta Americana. Despite high season, the hotel was blissfully quiet. We politely declined the sales pitch at check in and was able to get our room before 1:30. Spacious room with a 50's South Beach Miami vibe. All rooms face the water, but the first 3 floors have pool/open lobby view only because the buildings across the street block any view. Large bottle of water, 2 small bottles, 4 sodas and 4 beers in the mini fridge. Toilet shower area is cramped, the shower in our room was updated so it didn't leak into the rest of the bath like other reviews complained about. Large 40'' TV in the room, a few European channels, lots of US channels in Spanish and a few channels in English, some Disney channels for those with kids. We found the beds firm and comfortable.
Due to the hotel only being about 40% occupied, not all the restaurants were open every day. The beach buffet was open daily for lunch and dinner 0600-1200 then 1300-1700. Great variety even for a vegetarian. The Peninsula restaurant was beyond outstanding as was the Cevicheria
by the water.
The highlight were the beds that hover over the water, with a table a 4 chairs with umbrella a foot away. We spent all of our time by the water there. Servers are constantly coming by to see if you needed anything. Never used the pool by the lobby which is where the swim up bar is. Lap pool is by the water "beach" area.
There are daily activities included like yoga, water aerobics, stretching. Pool table and ping pong available to keep kids busy as well as a kids program.
Why I gave the property a 5 rating..... the staff, honestly some of the best guest services I've ever encountered, the food..... was safe, well prepared, plentiful and great variety, the location... no beach per se, but easy access from stairs/ladders into crystal clean water. Sea life the moment you enter the water. Snorkel 4 feet from your beach chair. Stunning water. Location, again...... far enough from the cruise port, quieter part of Cozumel.
Only issue we had was with inconsistent housekeeping, that was it, the rest of the staff made up for that lapse.
No dive shop, but there is a pier on the property (great for sunset pictures) where guests can be picked up for dive or snorkel trips or even fishing charters. The hotel can arrange all of those.
Returning to the airport is easy, taxis waiting by the hotel. Cost us $20USD for 2 people.
We were apprehensive about booking here because there is no beach, we forgot all about that a minute after diving into the water.
First time in Cozumel, we will return.
A special thanks to Eduardo the F&B manager, my husband enjoyed his cigar. Muchas Gracias.

T

Room Tip: All room balconies face the water. Rooms on the 5th, 6th, 7th floors have the best views. Rooms righ...