“First time vacation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera a Chankanaab Km 7.5, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #17 of 58 hotels in Cozumel
Bowmanville, Canada
“First time vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was the first all inclusive vacation I have ever done. There is mostly only good things to say about the Fiesta Americana. The staff was fantastic. and the food was great. There was enough to do during the day to keep everyone happy but in the evening it seemed to shut down after 9 pm. We basically had to amuse ourselves. For a dive resort, I would definitely come back but for a couples vacation, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

869 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed for two weeks at Fiesta America between Aug and Sep/2012. The overall experience was good but there's room for improvement for sure...

Location: That was quite perfect for what we wanted to do most, snorkel! the beach in front of the hotel is great for snorkelling off shore, there's a great variety of fish and plus the hotel is VERY near the money bar, another good location for snorkelling, but be warned! it's not white gorgeous sand beach like you would get in Playa, but they do have an artificial sand patch where you can bake in the sun or play beach volleyball. Other than that the hotel is quite far from the pier to Playa and will cost you 100 pesos each way in taxi fares to go to the pier or downtown. If I was to do all again I would probably stay a week in Cozumel and the other in Playa or Cancun where there's more to do...

Service: The staff is excellent, very warm, polite and they make you feel at home. A special Hi to Manuel the activity guy! he was brilliant and energetic all the way, even gave us salsa lessons (something that wasn't in the activity programme). But all the other staff, from barman to reception were all very helpful as well! so no complaints here.

Food: The first week was the best, but because we stayed for two weeks we kind of saw the same menus being repeated all over again, didn't like the Chinese buffet! they should really stick to more Mexican food! after all we're in Mexico!!! At breakfast there was great variety and I thought was quite tasteful. I think the best is the a la carte Italian restaurant but the menu is quite small and for two nights they didn't have tuna to make my favourite pizza EVER! that was disappointing... overall the food is good! some days better than other but that's down to personal taste as well and I'm quite fussy!

Property: Well, kind of average... the building is showing some signs of age but you can see they're working on that, plus my room was quite large and VERY clean, so that's what matters the most to me! The main swimming pool is not very large, I can imagine it can get very crowded at busier times, lucky we went during low season so it was ok at all times! The main down point for me is that there's NO MINI FRIDGE in your room!!! that's quite unacceptable, I have stayed in much cheaper hotels (and I mean it) and they all had minibars... I once stayed in a £10 night hotel in Phi Phi Islands and they had a minibar! you would expect to have that for the price you're paying, property size and considering how hot it is!

Some tips: If you rent a car/motorcycle directly with the rental company you will pay cheaper! The first day we rented a motorcycle we just asked the concierge and he rang the rental company (they only work with one rental company) and 24 hours rent costed us 350 pesos! the next day we made our way to town and managed to get a newer one for 200 pesos! with the same conditions: insurance, helmet and hotel delivery/collection. Also, the hotel has a tour company on site, that's quite expensive as well, they were selling the Chitchen Itza tour for more than 100 USD per person, we got ours sorted in the internet paying 56 USD each... so, it pays to shop around...

Another good tip would be to bring USD and PESOS, somethings like taxi fares is easier to pay in pesos so you don't get ripped off with their exchange rates...

All in all I think this hotel is good, especially if you get a good deal! wouldn't pay high season prices for it though! But either way... Cozumel is a gorgeous plane to visit! beautiful marine life, vary nice warm people and is worth spending what the Island demands to see it all!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the more sea view you'll get! we stayed on the 3rd floor and the view was g...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I went to Cozumel to dive and to do some shots on the half iron man, I stay in the fiesta americana and it is a kind of hotel just standard, the people well trained, maybe except the police of the entrance that is rude asking you where are you going (at night) be sure to ask a room with security because not all the rooms have. Fiesta Americana is chain that normally make me feel at home...the room is ok, but the facilities are no so spectacular as they normally are.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We love Fiesta Americana, the staff and service are great. We enjoy the snorkeling right in front of the hotel. We saw many varieties of fish, stingray and barracuda. Amazing! We like the food, there is always a great variety. fresh fruit and freshly made omelets are good. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just spent 5 nights at the Fiesta Americana and cannot say enough about their manager - Mauricio Moncada and the whole staff.
I was recovering from an injury so I had to just rest and couldn't do any diving as was planned. So I got to interact a lot with the staff.
From the waiters in the restaurants to helping us with the AC and TV in our room, they bent over backwards to help us.
We found the food very tastefull and varied enough each day that we were there. The hotel had 2 shows when we were there. The first was a group doing tradicional Mayan dances and music. They did a very good presentation.
The highlight was the Mexican Folk Dancers. They were really special! I have seen the Ballet Florklorico many times in Mexico City and New York, The dancers at the Fiesta Americana did a superb job!
Again we cannot praise the staff enough. We are looking forward to our next visit.

Final note: we used the Dive House for our diving. It started out well, but went down hill. We would not recommend using them for diving. The dock area can be used by any boat. We would recommend looking for another outfit to dive.

Also we upgraded our room for a better ocean view. We were put on the 7th, top floor. We think it would have been better to be on the 6th. The AC had trouble cooling off the room. The hotel did give us a portable fan, which helped a great deal to make the room cooler.

Room Tip: Recommend not getting a room on the top floor - 7th. We had issues cooling down the room. We think...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Washington Court House, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed from July 23 to August 1st. This was our 6th time to Coz and third time at FA. Great! We have stayed at Occidental a couple of times. The food at FA is very good. Much better than Occidental. Room was very nice, fat people had slept on one side of the bed, but what do you expect for the price. The staff was fantastic. The place was beautiful. Dive House was great and so were their prices. I dove 12 times and stayed under over an hour every time. It is a 45 minute ride to the diving but I had such a blast talking to the other divers that the time goes by quickly. Tip your dive boat. If you stay at places more southern, you can get to the diving sooner, but you are going to pay more to stay there. I can't believe anybody would write a bad review of this place. I book our flights and resort through a travel agency. I book my diving separately.

Room Tip: Bring a cooler.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was average compared to other fiesta americana's , the room that we got was nice and it's in a great spot to scuba and snorkel . The hotel is not close to anything so you have to take cab to go anywhere . The service was nice but the food was below average . Over all it's not bad but not great either.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive? Share your experiences!