“Diving at FA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive

Save Saved
You added Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive to your Saves list
Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Carretera a Chankanaab Km 7.5, Cozumel 77600, Mexico (Formerly Fiesta Americana Cozumel Dive Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #22 of 58 hotels in Cozumel
Washington Court House, Ohio
“Diving at FA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

My wife and I stayed from July 23 to August 1st. This was our 6th time to Coz and third time at FA. Great! We have stayed at Occidental a couple of times. The food at FA is very good. Much better than Occidental. Room was very nice, fat people had slept on one side of the bed, but what do you expect for the price. The staff was fantastic. The place was beautiful. Dive House was great and so were their prices. I dove 12 times and stayed under over an hour every time. It is a 45 minute ride to the diving but I had such a blast talking to the other divers that the time goes by quickly. Tip your dive boat. If you stay at places more southern, you can get to the diving sooner, but you are going to pay more to stay there. I can't believe anybody would write a bad review of this place. I book our flights and resort through a travel agency. I book my diving separately.

Room Tip: Bring a cooler.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

869 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was average compared to other fiesta americana's , the room that we got was nice and it's in a great spot to scuba and snorkel . The hotel is not close to anything so you have to take cab to go anywhere . The service was nice but the food was below average . Over all it's not bad but not great either.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Forest, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We both Scuba dive so this has been one of the nicest places and experiences. The "Dive House" is directly across the street. There is always an abundance of Great food all around to property. This is not the first time to Cozumel but I will say the best to date..

Room Tip: All face the beach, however the best are the fifth and sixth floor. These rooms come with mini bar a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I have been to this hotel 7 times in the last 11 years. It has a very competitive price and if you are a scuba diver (as I am) then the package can include 5 days of two tank boat dives with Dive House which in my opinion is one of the best dive shops on the island.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I travel extensively and do not usually stay in all-inclusive properties. As a matter of fact, this is only my third stay at a property like this.

While performing research I focused on complaints or concerns of the property, most of which I found would not bother me too much. By the end of the trip, I have this resort and island earmarked for an annual trip. My comments below will highlight why.

Room:
Being the low season, I was there in June, I was upgraded to a king suite upon my arrival. I had to views, one was a south facing view from a seating area and the second was a balcony overlooking the waterway between Cozumel and Mexico. The views were absolutely charming. The room was clean, the minibar was stocked daily and they even provided a turn down service each evening when I would depart for dinner.
The bathroom and shower were completely functional and the air conditioner could cool the room within 30 minutes.

Bar/Food:
Breakfast was always great with a really nice selection and a good variety of choices. In all honesty, all I need in the morning is a couple of fried eggs and a roll, so I wasn't eating all the different meats or choices in the morning. Lunch I would get back at the very last minute and grab what was left. I never had any issues, creating a salad or making a sandwich with lunch meats and cheeses. The dinner menu varied every night. I only ate dinner at the resort three times, the rest of the time I went to check out local restaurants. All the dinners were adequate and my meal in the reservation only restaurant was delicious!

I read one of the main complaints were the bars that were only open at certain times. I spent the majority of my time on the resort at the bar and it took me no time at all to figure out which one was open. The pool bar was only open two days during my stay, which was a little disappointing but did not by any means disrupt my enjoyment.

Another complaint that I read frequently is that the beach was across the street. I mean it is, but it is about 15 meters from the resort and it is not a busy intersection as a matter of fact, all vehicles yield to the pedestrians. On top of that, the snorkeling at the resort was amazing. I saw sea turtles, a huge eagle ray, barracuda, parrot fish, and schools of other fish. Outside of my diving, it was the best snorkeling I had at Cozumel.

Scuba:
Whether or not you use Dive House, any dive outfitter will pick you right up and drop you off right at the pier. This place is built for divers in terms of convenience.
If you haven’t dove Cozumel before, words can’t explain the corral’s majesty. All 8 of my dives were unique, wildlife filled, and absolutely amazing. The drift diving is such a cool experience.

As I mentioned, I don’t stay at all inclusive properties often, but this is a solid place with friendly, helpful staff with a warm and inviting atmosphere. As I mentioned before, I will make this trip annually.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Great spot for snorkeling, and you can go way up and down the shoreline. Lots of fish to be seen. My wife and daughter saw an OCTOPUS right in front.

The dive shop and the tour office were no help in arranging a proper snorkeling tour, but I was lucky enough to find Chi Chi Charters and Buena Ventura Diving online and book with them at the last minute. Each was great, although I'd give the edge to Chi Chi. We booked private tours with each, which for 3 people were SO much better and not that much more expensive than going out on a cattle boat.

Service was great, atmosphere was great, beach and even the pool were relatively uncrowded in July. Wifi in the rooms was free and plenty fast enough. Rooms did not have a safe, so we locked the laptop and kept the valuables out of sight and had no problems. I honestly don't think we would have had a problem even if we had left cash lying around in the open.

Food was good although not quite up to the standards of other all-inclusive places we have stayed in Mexico. However desserts were substantial and excellent.

Hotel could use an exercise room, especially since you can't walk up and down the beach, and even walking along the road requires a certain amount of vigilance. Trying to jog here would be downright dangerous. OTOH they do have a friendly games area, which was a nice touch.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Menominee, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I read all the reviews before we went, but decided to make our own opinion since we got such a great deal. We were pleasantly surprised. If you are wanting to relax, do a little snorkeling, do a little laying by the pool, do a little adventuring, then this is the place for you. First of all, all the rooms in the main hotel face the ocean, but you get a better view the higher up you are. The size of the resort is perfect in my opinion. We have stayed at large resorts before and it gets to be tiresome to walk so much while you are on vacation. It was very cool to see iguanas all over the property and small lizards, not sure what they were, but they were all over. The snorkeling was pretty good right off the pier. I saw lots of different fish. There is also good snorkeling up the road a little at the money bar. The hotel is nothing fancy, but it was still very nice to us. We already booked for this February to go back.

Room Tip: all the rooms are good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Fiesta Americana Cozumel All Inclusive? Share your experiences!