Muy Bueno, Excelente, Fabuloso!
Viva Mexico! We had the privilege of visiting Cozumel during Mexico’s independence celebration that included a spectacular fireworks display right out side our hotel room. Tripadvisor postings are right on. We thought the hotel was great. For those of you who visited several years ago, the Plazas Las Glories has been remodeled to the Cozumel Palace- a diving lodge transformed into an all-inclusive palace. The staff was hard working, attentive and always courteous. Some of the food was good and some was alright—but there’s always an alternative:
Morning room service food was never delivered hot, but the breakfast buffet was great.
Burgers and fries by the pool were ok but we loved the lunch buffet inside.
We did not like the sashimi but loved the other sushi.
We never found a great bottle of wine (some was OK) but keep the mixed drinks coming.
Loved the ceviche and fondue but could not swallow the soups.
If you don’t see it on the menu or want it prepared a different way –ask the staff they are very accommodating.
Cozumel was one of the most enjoyable resorts we have visited!
Here’s a few tips not listed on Tripadvisor:
1. Book your hotel with Dave from Cancun Fun 2005 on ebay. I was skeptic at first, emailed numerous other ebay sellers and found Dave’s feedback the best. Dave delivers on what he says- no “odd” payments, fast to respond to emails and the transaction went as planned. Pay him $139. (We used paypal on ebay), he sends you the confirmation number with instructions, you call a 800 number to book your dates, pay them via credit card (we paid $1,520 for 7 nights with Am Ex), give them your flight information and then enjoy the great service at Cozumel Palace. You not only pay less for your room than advertised on Palace resorts web site ($280/night, or total cost of $1,960.) but you get the member freebees and discounts which enclude:
Coba tour $80 /person, on Thursday
Tulum tour $90 /person, on Tuesday
Manicure $22 /person
Pedicure $26 /person
25 minute massage $39. /person
Round trip airport/hotel transfers
Total freebees: $500. +
20% discount in spa
10% discount in gift shop
Golf & spa credits
2. The spa was so great we each had 3 messages. My husband traded his manicure & pedicure into a deluxe spa pedicure for a minimal fee. His feet have never looked better & that is a major feet.
3. We purchased numerous items in the hotel gift shop because their prices are better than in town. We receive the members discount and they gladly take credit cards. If you find something in another store they might be able to get the item for you. Bargain with all other stores in town on price. They will give you better pricing for cash vs. credit card. We bargained by telling them we could get it cheaper at the Palace and found them coming down by as much as half, plus free resizing on a ring.
Muchas gracias Dave & Cozumel Place staff for a wonderful vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort
- Cozumel Palace Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Expedia, Regatta Hotels, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.