Cozumel Palace is a beautiful clean resort, but if you're looking for time to spend at the beach, this is not a resort for you. The pool is beautiful and over looks the bay, but there is no shoreline. This is not a huge resort and is small and cozy. At the time even though it is a small resort, it never seemed crowded, of course at the breakfast and dinner areas were quite busy, but always found seating. It is not a adult only resort, so they are families. Cozumel is an island of the Mexican Yucatan Pennisula, so you did have to take a ferry ride over which is about 40 minutes away. Be prepared it is pretty bouncy ride if you tend to get seasick. The ferry is indoors and air-conditioned.
Our room was exactly like the pictures. We stayed in a king Junior Suite in room 523. The best part is this resort includes free calls to the US & Canada and wireless internet in your room, also free of charge. Most other resorts definitely charge for long distance and internet. We had a "true" panoramic ocean view. There was a hammock on the balcony. The bathroom was in beautiful marble and clean. Also, a wonderful treat is the DOUBLE jacuzzi right in your room. You can easily fit to large adults. The siting area and jacuzzi is a step down from where the bed. Oh did I mention the wonderful plush robe and slippers...
There is free 24-hour room service, which is marvelous. It is not required, but we would tip when they deliver to our room like $1 or $2 dollars. The fresh fruit is awesome! The chocolate mousse cake is to die for. The grilled steak and fish is fabulous. We've been on 4 all-inclusive resorts and this resort by far has the best food. We usually did the buffet for breakfast and dinner and grab at the pool area. Each night they have a buffet style cook out grill by the pool with entertainment. I did take out from the sushi restaurant and it was pretty good. Room service and dinning attendants were courteous and prompt. Always had a smile.
Another treat was the free snorkeling tour. They take you about 15-20 mins out into the ocean to snorkel. We saw a HUGE school of fish. It was our first time and we enjoyed ourselves. We did hop over to the Playacar Palace resort which is a ferry ride over and get massages at the spa. This resort is HUGE and it is then you realize how small Cozumel Palace is. Across the street from the resort is a "cozumel" type of Walmart where you can find groceries, personal items, electronics, ect. We had to go because Spirit Air lost BOTH of our suitcases and didn't get until the next day. We had nothing but what we had on. Learned my our lesson and will ALWAYS bring change of clothes and personal items in carry on! We actually flew into Cancun and took a transfer over to the Playa del Carmen to take the ferry to cozumel. You can purchase them directly on the Palace Resort website. Plane trip was too expensive to fly directly to Cozumel. Saved about $450 flying into Cancun.
Cozumel Palace is a wonderful resort with fabulous rooms and good food. Once again if you love the beach scene, this resort is not for you. We went for 5days/4nights to really just relax and rest, so we did not do a lot of shopping or excurisons. We had a great time and would definitely return and recommend to our family and friends. Please see our pics to see for your self.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort
- Cozumel Palace Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Jetsetter so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.