“Worth it!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cozumel Palace

You added Cozumel Palace to your Saves list
Cozumel Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Rafael E Melgar km 1 5, Adolfo Lopez Mateos, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
“Worth it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd time to Cozumel, first stay was at the Iberostar. The palace costed a few hundred more then the Iberostar which turned out to be worth it. First reason being the 1500 resort credits we were given. They can be used towards room upgrades, various excursions and dinner/wine upgrades. I originally booked a "city view" room in hopes that I would e given an automatic upgrade w/o having to pay as there are not as many front facing rooms a there are rear. To my dismay at check in this was not the case :( the "city view" is exactly that... A view of the grocery store and construction site across the street... No thx... So I used 700 of the resort credits to upgrade to a "junior suite".... Awesome... Large room, closet, jacuzzi, stocked mini fridge and beautiful ocean view... Room tip... My room was on the 1st floor so I had a walk out but no balcony, try to get something on 2 or 3rd floor. I also used my credits towards "discovery scuba" and dolphin swim for my husband and I and I got a 80 min massage in the spa... So to sum it up the extra cost you pay of this hotel makes up for it with the credits, you do need to pay a

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Hebrew first
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This resort is wonderful for singles, couples, or families. My recent second trip was just as wonderful as the first trip was (last year). Many of the same faces on the staff - all smiling and helpful. Daniel (the event coordinator) is a treat and never, ever, ever, runs out of energy! Go outside your comfort zone and participate in a nighttime entertainment during your stay and you will have a blast. I will always stay at the Cozumel Palace when in Cozumel.

Room Tip: Check early, check often, and compare websites to get the best room rate. If the resort credit prom...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
McAlisterville, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Went to Cozumel Palace because of the other reviews. My friend and I found this place to be more than expected. The staff were just amazing. I celebrated my birthday there and was treated like royality. One thing that was so nice is that they remembered our names and called us by our name. The food was simply fantastic, at times to hot (temperature, not spice) to eat when they placed it in front of us. The restaurant staff were great, very attentive and always met our needs. The room was just great, enjoyed the hammock often. The air conditioning worked very well, outside was very humid, but inside was perfect. I highly recommond trying this place. The only thing was that there is no walk-up beach, you must enter from a dock and then are immediately in 10 feet of water, but the pool makes up for that. TRY IT ITS GREAT!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is a great hotel. Friendly staff, great facilities and food. The Aqua Safari dive office is in the hotel and the dive charter pick up is at the hotel dock. Very convenient! This is a great place to stay if you are diving. It's also walking distance into San Miguel for access to shopping, other dive shops, ferry to Playa de Carmen etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Missoula, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our one week stay at Cozumel Palace and before we had even left the resort we were trying to figure out ways to go back. The resort itself is lovely, in a great location, clean, relaxing, and full of amenities. We loved being right on the ocean and able to go snorkeling whenever we wanted. We also loved the pool and lounge chairs and spent some much needed time relaxing. What really made the experience delightful for us was the staff. They felt like family by the end of the week and never hesitated to go out of their way to help make our time special and memorable. Ricardo helped us plan some fun adventures with our resort credits and became a friend by the end of the week. Josue and Roger helped us with snorkeling gear, towels, entertainment, great conversations and a lot of laughter. Because we were on our honeymoon we got to experience a wonderful romantic dinner that was delicious and very special. The head waiter, Luis, made sure everything was perfect and we loved getting to interact with him throughout the night and the nights that followed, he is so kind and really good at his job! Throughout our stay we also got to know one of the hostesses, Nayeli (I think that is how you spell her name), and she was so very sweet and always remembered our names and room number and greeted us with a big smile. I had the opportunity to go to the spa a couple times to get my nails and hair done and my husband also got his hair cut and we loved those ladies as well, Juanita and Alicia, they were so easygoing, enjoyed what they did, were good at it, and contributed greatly to the relaxing environment of the spa. I could continue to go on about the wonderful people from the doormen, to the room service waiter, to the desk attendants, but then I would be writing an essay. Overall, the food was great, the accommodations almost lavish, and the environment was made so very enjoyable, relaxing, and homey, by the wonderful staff who remembered our names, always greeted us with a smile, and made us feel like family. We loved every minute of it and hope very much to go back someday (soon!).

Room Tip: We loved our room overlooking the ocean, it had a hammock on the balcony and a jacuzzi. Definitely...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We just got back from our stay at CP, and it was every bit as advertised and more! We loved it... the food, the service, the room... ALL of it was AMAZING! Based on all of this we will def come back to a different Palace resort, and we def plan on coming back to CP in the future. This place is top notch... if you are looking for an AI in Cozumel then THIS IS IT!

Room Tip: 428 was an AWESOME Ocean view room!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Anoka
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed at the Coz Palace many times, best AI on the island. Great location, island is very safe. We have been coming to this property since the late 80's, when it was the Plaza Las Glorious. You will fall in love with the service and location and the sunsets. My favorite place on earth.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south end are the best. The far north end is good, too.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cozumel Palace? Share your experiences!