“Wonderful Cozumel Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cozumel Palace

You added Cozumel Palace to your Saves list
Cozumel Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Rafael E Melgar km 1 5, Adolfo Lopez Mateos, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cinco de Mayo 40% Off
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Lodi, California
“Wonderful Cozumel Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Was a guest at Cozumel Palace in June, and had a great time. Food was fantastic and the staff was wonderful. The snorkeling right off the hotel was amazing, and so convenient. Lots off great spa options as well as meal upgrades (though not really needed because all the meals were great) and activities to spend your resort credit on. The shows were very entertaining with the participants being incredibly talented. Location was very good, walking distance to many shops, restaurants and night spots, however you may not want to venture off the resort at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
CozumelPalaceGM, General Manager at Cozumel Palace, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Debra C

Thank you so much for staying at Cozumel Palace, for your comments and for taking the time to share them through Tripadvisor, as it is only through constructive comments such as yours that we can make things better.

It is pleasing to note your positive comments, I will be sure to let the team members know that their efforts are appreciated and have not gone unnoticed, knowing that will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

jariztegui@palaceresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (992)
  • Hebrew first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We are just completing our 4th stay here at the Cozumel Palace. We were last here over Memorial Day weekend. We had such a good time that we came back from July 15-July 20, 2013.

The minute we walked through the door, the friendly, welcoming staff did everything possible to make our stay great. Sara and Rosa Isabel at the front desk made sure that my mom and aunt were able to stay in a room on the 4th floor with 2 double beds. My husband and I were given room 229, in a junior suite, as we had booked. However, the next night, room 429, a better suite higher up, became available and we were moved up to that.

Angel helped my mom translate when she lost her sunglasses in a taxicab. The staff even sent her a birthday cake.

The hotel is clean and well maintained. The food was excellent, and there is no real necessity to eat outside the hotel unless you want to. We did go to lunch at La Mission, which was very good and nice ambiance. But the hotels at Cozumel Palace are all good. Elvia, Cesar Ernesto, and Ronny at the restaurants were so gracious to us. We liked the Mexican Restaurant best, but all of them are good.

Poolside was awesome. Andres was our waiter, and he made sure that we never lacked for a drink. It was a complete pampering experience.

A word about their special. Cozumel Palace, and all palace resorts, give credits depending on how many nights you stay. You can use these credits for services in the hotel and affiliated businesses, and only pay an 11 percent tax for them.

With 4 nights, we received 750 credits for each room. This was able to be used at the spa and also on diving and pictures and wines. There is a spending limit at the spa. It is a good spa, but pretty expensive. Vicente, Josephina, Miram and Alicia and Yaninee were great. Ladies BEWARE: if you have shellac, get it removed before you come to Cozumel. It costs 33 USD to have it removed in the spa!! *boggle*

We loved the diving with Aqua Safari. They are great and orderly and pay attention to safety.

We had a great time. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: use your credits to upgrade
Dear aek429

Sara, Isabel, Angel, Elvia, Cesar , Ronny, Andrés, Vicente, Josefina, Miram, Alicia and Yaninee were very pleased to be mentioned.

Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We stayed at the Cozumel Palace over the Fourth of July holiday. All of the staff were very accomodating and professional. The interior reminded me a bit of the Boca Raton resort and Spa in Boca Raton Florida. Marble flooring and everything was very clean at this resort.
We went to a few of the local beach resorts to enjoy the beaches. However the snorkeling in back of the resort was very enjoyable. I saw two different species of eels, and many different types of fish. I absolutely would recommend this resort. It is also close to town, and when my wife and I went to Playa Del Carmen and Chitzinitza, it was an easy walk to the ferry.
What I really appreciate anbout this resort, is that they greet you so kindly, and help you plan your stay in Cozumel. We did not feel the need to eat in town, because the three restaurants at the resort offered enough variety to enjoy different types of food. My wife is from the East coast, yet found the Grouper at this resort to be the best she has ever tasted. Drinks are bountiful on demand, and even though their is no pressure to tip, we tipped generously. Overally this was a great little vacation, and I plan to return someday. My wife and I also enjoyed pedicures and a massage at the Spa. Probably I was least impressed with the gift shop, which didn't have the variety I would prefer. However you can go into town for better shopping. We live in Colorado, and this was our first trip to Cozumel. We definitely will be returning.

Room Tip: We were right over the pool, yet the noise did not penetrate into our room, and I even have exceptio...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Colleyville, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Our 8 day stay at Palace Cozumel was extremely enjoyable. I usually tend to stay in more off beat places but the resort was small enough that it did not seem overrun by people even in a week of almost 100% occupancy. We were always able to find chairs and we didn't wait for meal service. However, it is a resort which means little seclusion I offset this by renting a jeep for only $99 for a 24 hour period and spent a day on the other side of the island which is not populous. The food I would give an 8 out of 10 but I am very picky about food so I am not sure how fair this assessment is. If you are picky about brands and not tolerant of international interrpertation you will still enjoy the meals. Timing for service is very well planned and snacks show up at all the right times. Evening meal tends to be the best. NO BEACH AREA if this is a must in your vacation order then you will be disappointed. The hotel is clean and well kept. They offer a lot of credits which we were not even able to spend all off. Use it in the spa but don't pay for the service. We had four spa services which none would meet expectations that we have for services in the states but if you need to spend resort credit then you will not leave as disappointed as if you had actually paid for it. Noise form pool can be an issue at night if you are putting small children to bed or if you go fown early. Easy access to snorkeling and the scuba shop onside Aqua Safari is awesome a PADI 5 star dive center a GREAT way to get certified. Our 19 yo darter got certified this trip and it was super convenient be use she didn't have to eave resort to do this. SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH ! I repeat SERVICE IS TOP NOTCH! A little pricey!

Dear Jacob T

Wilmington, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We just got back from a beautiful relaxing week at the Cozumel Palace. The resort staff was great like we have come to appreciate. We received continuous attention with a personnel touch that has not been match by other resort or other Palace resorts that we have stayed at. The only thing that was missing was the personnel touch from the morning restaurant manager. For those of you that have stay there you will remember Manuel who would welcome everyone every morning and made sure that you had a great meal at breakfast and lunch. Unlike the current manager Manuel had a great smile and made you feel like you were a special guest every day. I hope the resort manager can get him back to this award winning resort because he was greatly missed.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a view just but the best are on the fifth floor
Dear Robert R

We all remember Manuel and his everlasting smile at the Turquesa restaurant, unfortunately he took the personal decision of moving to another company after many years with us.

East Wenatchee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Well, this review is a little late as we had some family issues that actually start during our stay at the Cozumel Palace in March 2012 and ended last fall with the loss of a family member. Thus, we were not able to return this year because of the work required to get the estate in order.

Our stay in 2012 was the 4th year in a row, which should tell you something!! The staff is so accommodating; we just can't stay away for every long. WE WILL BE BACK Feb, 2014!!!!!

One thing we learned is not go close to spring break. The resort is a little noisy with its marble floors and wood doors, that are self-closing, and generally, you end up staying with a bunch of inconsiderate guests that are loud (generally 3 sheets to the wind), let their kids run wild and can't seem to figure out if they would shut the doors themselves, they won't slam with a BANG!!! This is not the fault of the resort; it is the fault of inconsiderate guests!!!

The entertainment was great as was the food and the activities. We feel like the Cozumel Palace is like the bar on Cheers (did I just date myself???) LOL!! Year after year the employees call us by our names, remembering us from previous years - if only my memory was so good and I remember all their names!!! The funny part is I made a list of all those special employees but left it in the room when we left.

Thanks you to all who work at the Cozumel Palace and those who went the extra mile to make our stays so wonderful. We can't wait to get back down there!!! Again, see you in Feb, 2014!!!

Bob & Klara

Room Tip: If you kknow there are a few families staying together, ask for a room on the otherside of the resor...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear BobnKlara

Our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one. We sincerely hope that you will return to Mexico many more times in the future and once again giving us the opportunity to host you at Cozumel Palace. We are counting the days to see you again on 02/2014.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family of 3 stayed at the Cozumel Palace for 11 days in July, 2013. This place is all about outstanding service, they went above & beyond all are expectations.

I'm a practicing vegan, but while on vacation I usually go vegetarian. To my surprise, this will not be a problem for anyone who is vegan or vegetarian to maintain as the menu selections of each restaurants can handle this and are outstanding. We were always of the highest quality of fresh fruits & vegetables. All really super tasty! The Asian restaurant was our favorite. I was told it had just recently received an all new menu. Loved it! Actually, all the restaurants were awesome.

There are lots of ways to spend your hotel credits while exploring Cozumel. Our favorite was the day we rented a jeep and drove to a completly deserted long, wide, white sandy beach, no rocks. It was near the area called Bonita Beach. Punta Sur Beach was nice too, but it has rocks and people. My hubby took an artsy photo of me from inside that tiny Punta Sur church (see photos). Near the Bonita Beach spot, we made shade by draping our hotel towels over driftwood poles and they are still there for you to use. The day before, be sure to ask the hotel to pack you a lunch-box, then you can have a beach picnic like we did. That day we really enjoyed an aqua-blue & turquoise dip with water temp: 86degrees clear clean water! The waves were perfect, not too strong, no current. There were a few small shops at the roadside to buy water & coke. I also bought the most beautiful beaded necklace for $10. Parking is limited to those small beach shops, so you kinda should buy something from them.

My husband was able to add 10 new dives to his dive log-book, hitting his 400th dives. He can 100% recommend Aqua Safari Dive outfit. They are located in the dive shop at the hotel. They are very professional and safe. They know what they are doing, and you can trust them! Although the night dive was a bit crowed.

On the other hand, we cannot recommend Aqua-World, they are the ones who handle the "Snorkel Adventure" using our hotel credits. The hotel had arrange this experience for us. Aqua-World was very dangerous, they do not follow any safety rules. My 12 year old daughter, husband & I had the worst snorkel experience of our life. We nearly drowned in very rough stormy waves, as I drank seawater pouring into my snorkel tube, and with a strong current. Long story short, they are a cattle-drive outfit. They should have called this trip off due to bad sea conditions, but they did not. In our boat of 40 people, 10 got sick and would not do the 2nd drop off spot. Also, a little more annoying, my husband & another man got stung by jelly fishes. Now because this was a Marine Reserve, the boat could not drop anchor or stay around because the waves were crashing them into those of us in the water, so they dumped us out and left out to sea beyond our reach. We were about 1/2 mile offshore, once in the water I knew I wanted right back in that boat, but the boat was gone. I told this all to the hotel, the hotel said they have had other complains too, so they plan to stop using these guys soon! Do not confuse Aqua World with Aqua Safari, Aqua Safari is excellent.

We also enjoyed the trip to Tulum to see the Mayan Ruins on the mainland, (using hotel credits). It was a bit too crowded the day we went but still something very much worth seeing. I enjoyed learning about the Mayan culture from our Guide. Bring your camera, take awesome beach views & Mayan Ruins (see photo).

Excellent shows each night too! What a bonus!! A very uplifting Brazilian show with great music was my favorite, but all the shows were excellent. The resort itself has a friendlier, smaller manageable size to it, and was kept impeccably clean. Our room was a sanctuary with a dream view on the 5th floor. Room service is just a call away, wow!! all this included! We enjoyed the spa too but it is a little nosy with thin walls so you can hear conversations from the next room adjacent, but still very nice and remember it is with hotel credits! So it's a gift!

OK, Yes you do need to pay taxes on all these free Hotel Credits, but still worth. Make sure you bring lots of tip money because they all work very hard & do deserve it, so don't forget to tip them generously!

Room Tip: Go to Bonita Beach area for a white sandy beach
Dear gal-gallivanting

jariztegui@palaceresorts.com

Been to Cozumel Palace? Share your experiences!