“Best Vacation Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cozumel Palace

Save Saved
You added Cozumel Palace to your Saves list
Cozumel Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Rafael E Melgar km 1 5, Adolfo Lopez Mateos, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #3 of 58 hotels in Cozumel
Green Bay, WI
“Best Vacation Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Thank you for making our stay warm, relaxing, and very enjoyable. I love to be waited on, and everything was " my/our pleasure" , I love that. The Palace offers so much more than a hotel or resort, you have to soak it in, it takes days, we went for 7, but next year its 10. Have to have more. Love love love the service everywhere in the place. Thank you. We really enjoyed every moment, and took to all of our wonderful friendly servers. Andres the server, Roger by the Pool. Maria at breakfast. the head waiter/cook at breakfast also. ( i dont recall his name ) bringing my husband fresh shaved salmon every morning with capers. Wow! what a treat. definately need to diet before coming to the Palace.
Room was amazing, full bar, balcony with wine. Love the linens, room service to spoil ourselves.
The most enjoyable vacation we have had in many years. We will be back.

Room Tip: the suites ocean side are amazing, I spent hours on the balcony. Worth the money, love the view. so...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

2,369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Cozumel Palace is a wonderful place to stay. You are treated like family. They call you by name and give unsurpassed service. The food is excellent, the nightly shows are entertaining and fun, the activities plentiful and the spa is great. It is hard to leave a place where you are pampered. We have been coming to the Cozumel Palace for the last 4 years and find that their turnover of staff is minimal so we have come to know many of the staff. Their favorite words are "It is my pleasure" and you feel they really mean it!

Room Tip: I think almost all rooms face the ocean which is very nice.
Brighton, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband & I stayed at Cozumel Palace from Oct. 31 to Nov. 7/12 and this was our second visit here. I will say that we seemed to enjoy this visit even more than our first visit. It didn't hurt that we had beautiful weather every day without a drop of rain anywhere but we all know the resort can't control that.
Having stayed here before and being Palace members we knew what to expect but felt the staff was exceptionally attentive this visit. We spent most of our outdoor time in the area by the dock where the divers were picked up and Lorenzo & Henri Jacob were our servers for the whole week and we were well taken care of. I had a cast on my leg and was unable to use the lounge beds so they made sure I had an upright lounge chair ready for me every day. It's the little things that make a trip extra special.
We ate 4 nights out of 7 in the Italian restaurant. We own a seafood restaurant in Canada and must commend Chef Oscar for his calamari. EVERY TIME we ordered it (even when we were outside watching the show - having eaten elsewhere that night) it was cooked to perfection and we know how the timing must be exact or it's overcooked. Great job Chef Oscar- we enjoyed every order. The Turquesa has exceptional staff and exceptional food. Our thanks to Fabiola- head waiter, Enriques- server & of course Gabriel- who looked after the wines.
We dealt with Richard and Darwin in guest services who made sure we got to do everyting we wanted to do this visit. Great guys - very pleasant and easy to deal with.
My husband & I both had spa treatments and felt very relaxed afterwards. The spa is not as large as in other resorts but the service is great.
We had a fabulous week and look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reston, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We are never disappointed with Cozumel Palace. This was our 16th trip to the island and we love the friendly people. The food is very good with fresh fruit and eggs, omelets or pancakes made to order for breakfast. The lunch buffet offers many choices and a great dessert bar. For dinner you can have: Italian, Mexican or Asian, as well as special options such as a chef's dinner or romantic dinner served outside.
The resort is clean, beds comfortable and all the staff very hard working. We always feel totally safe on the island; the only annoyance is the timeshare sales people at the airport; you can avoid them by going straight outside where the taxis are waiting. We were also able to avoid the Palace sales pitch by not attending the Tuesday morning meeting.
My husband's goal was to dive and he was pleased that Aqua Safari is back as the SCUBA vendor at the Palace. Regardless of where we stay, he always prefers to dive with them.
My major complaint for the week was the difficulty finding a place to get out of the sun. The area that had some shade was reserved for the "VIP"s with black bands; they also had areas reserved for them by the pool. The weather was exceptional the week we were there, so I needed to move inside to get out of the sun; having some shade outside would have been preferable.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I planned a cruise to Bermuda which was cancelled due to Hurricane Sandy. It was our anniversary and we wanted to get away. So we thought about how wonderful of a time we had at Cozumel Palace the year before and booked a week there. I was a little skeptical about going to the same place so soon but my worries soon diminished. The same great service, lovely rooms, great views, awesome activities.... It was all still great! The staff even remembered us! It felt like we were back at our 2nd home! We love this place and charge everyone to give it a try just once... You will be back again!!!!!! Thank you Cozumel Palace for making our Anniversary trip an awesome one....again!

• Stayed November 2012
Fremont, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Let me preface this by saying I'm going to give a true review based on more than just the service we received. We have stayed anywhere from dumps during my horse show years all the way up to 5 Diamond so I think we have enough variety of stays to give a good review. Having read many of the previous reviews and looking at guest pictures, we knew what we were getting into. We arrived to cool cloths, a carnation and fruity drink. Check in was pretty painless however I tried to upgrade to conceirge level however none were available so only able to upgrade to Jr. Suite. This was disappointing as we knew we wouldn't use our credits for excursions as we have been to the area many times over the last 22 years. In addition, I wanted to avoid the time share guys but the front desk was pretty evasive about which staff they were so we were not able to avoid. The time share staff is directly across from the front desk. I do have to say, they were not as pushy as some folks led to believe through their reviews. All they do is go over what is available for your credits but then you have to do it all over again when you actually meet with the staff that will schedule those services. So if you have no interest in the time share just ask to be directed to who can schedule those appointments. They are right around the corner from the front desk staff.

One of the things that surprised me the most was how small the hotel was. Other than the number of rooms they offer I would have considered this a boutique hotel. It looks much bigger in the pictures and that's because the properties on both sides look very similiar to the Palace so you think its all one big property however those are not part of the Palace properties. This was fine as I knew we were going to a small property. One thing I was disappointed in was how plain this property is. If you put the inside of the building anywhere other than the staff you would have no idea this was a Mexican property. There was nill to no artwork and the places we have stayed previously have had absolutely gorgeous Paintings and pieces of art that we spent time enjoying. This made the property very bland and basic for me. I didn't feel it was the spectacular property that rates a 5 star property meaning the best. Don't get me wrong it was very well maintained but just basic in terms of its restaurants and rooms.

The rooms were a nice size, used nice linens and where cleaned very well. The view was outstanding which was one of the major reasons we chose this property. Our refrigerator was stocked with exactly what we asked for and we tipped well for that as well as too our cleaning gal. Both did a fantastic job and where very nice folks. Was it the nicest room I've ever been in and would I consider it a 5 star probably not. I can say the beds were very comfortable which was a nice surprise as they are generally like a buck board. We did not use the jacuzzi so can't speak to that other than I took up a lot of room and was kind of in a weird location but that was by no means a deal breaker for me. As mentioned in previous reviews the halls do echo and you can here everything in you room from the halls. But there was basically no room to room noise which was very nice. So other than those coming in at 1 am yelling yahoo... we didn't notice this to be an issue.

The food was a nice surprise. Expected it to be the typical all inclusive fare however it was surprising tasty. Nothing spectacular but better than the average all inclusive. My issue was the fact it was pretty repetitive after a few days. Would have liked a little better variety but again not a deal breaker.

The pools were small but nice and was so nice that they were heated. Thoroughly enjoyed our time in the pools and laying in the sun watching the boats go by which was one of the main reasons we chose this property. We were here from Nov 4-11 and we always come down this time of year because it is off season and we generally stay on the Riveria Maya side and its always been quiet. Well famous last thoughts, the Palace was at capacity and way busier than I like especially since the area for all guests to congregate is very small. Because of this, I didn't find the time as relaxing as what I normally do. As I mentioned watching the boats was fantastic and it was like watching 696 into Detroit at rush hour. It was very windy and red flagged most of the time so was able to snorkle much but there wasn't much too see when I did. My husband had his inner ear removed this spring and found he wasn't ready for the movement of the water yet so he didn't snorkle. But I guess we're spoiled from where we normally stay which has exceptional snorkling right off the beach.

Now regarding the service. I found this to be a very interesting topic of discussion during the week. We were their as hotel guests not timeshare owners so keep this in mind as I give my opinion and its just that my opinion. I felt the restaurants was seriously hit or miss in terms of the service. Some meals were the best service we've ever received just about anywhere. Other meals we barely had service and had to look for someone to get us something to drink. But I will tell you that certainly doesn't bother us as we are the type of guests who would rather have less than more. As for the pool service it was almost obnoxious. There were times I just wanted to relax on the lounger and it was continious interruptions asking if we wanted drinks. This might have been because we are good tippers. I think we probably gave $150-$200 in tips for the week. So maybe we caused some of that. However we noticed those who were Timeshare owners for the most part did not tip. In addition, those owners who were diamond level received signs and many extra's which well they should as they are paying good money for it. However what I felt was obnoxious about that was management practically came running out of the building to fawn all over them. Staff was also trained to absolutely kiss their butts which this I have a problem with. All guests should be treated well but I do not feel staff should have to "suck" up to the owners the way they did. In my eyes its demeaning. Most of the diamond owners were very nice but some were absolutely ruthless in their demands and how they treated staff. Shame on them and kudos to the staff for tolerating it, they are better souls than I.

Kudos to Roger by the pool, you did an exceptional job and were very sincere in your efforts and we appreciated it. The drinks were awesome and we met some really nice folks. Scott, Carol and Becky from the Kansas City area, a family from Seattle and the parents who were temporarily located to Salt Lake City. A couple from California near Reno etc. Its always fun to pass time with fun people and share stories. Had a great volleyball game with a fun couple who's names I didn't catch but sure showed me how out of shape I am.

Ariana who did a fantastic job with the photography and we were constantly bugging to snap some photo's. I'm so sorry if I get the name wrong but I believe I had Vanessa in the Spa where I had a facial and a message which were both exceptionally well done. So over all we had a lovely stay. My husband and I decided we probably wouldn't come back for a whole week but would come for a long weekend instead.

Just an FYI, its very expensive to rent vehicles through the hotel. We rented a jeep for less than half the cost of the hotel through Thrifty as Isis who we usually use didn't have any. We toured around the Island twice as it just doesn't get much prettier. Will be doing reviews on Coconuts, LaLobsteria, Punta Sur, Playa Palancar etc under the appropriate trip advisor sections.

Room Tip: We were 3rd floor over the infinity pool which is awesome for the shows and view.
Morganton, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Cozumel Palace October 20-27, 2012. This was our second stay at this resort and again we were extremely pleased. We saw many staff members who were there a year ago. From the moment you enter the grounds you are greeted warmly with flower, cold drink and fresh cool washcloth. We were greeted by Abraham who assisted with our luggage at check in and check out. Angel and Rosa very erfficiently made our check in and check out very smooth. Our concierge for the week who assisted us with spa and excursions was Edgar and Richard. The rooms are awesome, beautiful view of the ocean and sunset. Rooms are spacious with large jacuzzi. Balcony is also very large. Service is impeccable and you only have to ask and they will try to see that it is granted. Special thanks to the pool service staff: Henri, Camalia, Silvia, Roger, Lorenzo, Andres and Michal. They are exceptional and work very hard with a smile on their face. Also very special were the lobby bar tender Fredi and pool bar Juan. Each meal was delightful and the staff are so accomodating and seem to enjoy their jobs. At breakfast you are greeted by Elvira, Gabriel, Francisco and Fili and the wonderful chef Maria who makes superb omelettes. The head waiter Manuel, overseeing the night restaurants does a wonderful job. Lakisha is the hostess for Japanese and Mexican and she is so friendly and gracious to everyone. Russelle in the Japanese and Danielle in the Italian made our meals very special followed by Mayan coffee. Ricardo does an excellent job of keeping the in room refrigerator stocked with what ever beverage you want. Rosa during the day and Jessica at night were exceptional with keeping our rooms spotless. The activiies are varied and there is something that everyone will like. Entertainment at night is also very good. The Fire show is excellent and the Mexican Fair is lots of fun. You can easily take a ferry over to Playa del Carmen and spend the day in the city and at the Playacar Palace and lie on the beach.

This is absoluely the best staff we have encountered in any of the resorts. They work very hard for a minimal amount each day. Even though tipping is supposed to be included, tips for their hard work and service is very much appreciated.

Again this is a wonderful resort in everyway and you will have a wonderful stay thanks to the exceptional staff.

Room Tip: Most all of the rooms have a balcony overlooking the ocean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cozumel Palace? Share your experiences!