“Great Vacation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cozumel Palace

You added Cozumel Palace to your Saves list
Cozumel Palace
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Av Rafael E Melgar km 1 5, Adolfo Lopez Mateos, Cozumel 77600, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$1500 Resort Credit
Ranked #3 of 57 Hotels in Cozumel
Potomac, Maryland
“Great Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Took our 4 adult (19 through 26) children and they had a blast! So, did we :) The place is very clean and the food is above par for an all inclusive. When you get there ask for Ricardo. He is a guest services rep and will hook you with all the reservations you need - try to do it the day you get there because some activities are booked 3/4 days ahead and when you only have a week or so that's a big deal! Adrian at the front desk is the go to guy, or Anna the front desk manager. When we got there we didnt have two rooms side by side and the front desk guy couldnt figure our how to accommodate us. Adrian and Anna got us all straightened out. We were in 331 and 332 - the short part of the hotel on the OTHER side of the elevator - not a far walk to anything and QUIET! Plus the views were awesome - 3rd floor is great, I wouldnt waste money on the upgrade to a higher floor, save it for the dolphin swim which is terrific!! - and we were very close to the gym, too which is right by the elevator. I guess it seems inappropriate to complain about a long walk to the gym, haha but it was very close and hard to ignore it calling to us. Its great watching the ocean from your treadmill! Back to the dolphins - we swam with them at the Atlantis in the Bahamas and there was no comparison! This place was sooo much better! And the kids loved the sting ray swim - its a great deal/value also. You get the swim, refreshments, a few pictures and a t-shirt all included. If you go diving deal with the tall guy with the glasses in the dive shop at Aqua World - sorry forgot his name. The other guy not so good and screwed up one of our dives :( But Aqua World was a good company and I have been diving for over 20 years so I have dealt with quite a few companies. Cant go wrong with any of the restaurants but unless you are really in the mood for lobster I would stay away from the Romantic Lobster Dinner. Its held right on the beach area in front of the hotel by the ocean and we had some little kids playing loudly on there balcony about 20 feet away that didnt make it very romantic. A quiet table inside would have been better but the food and service was amazing so maybe we were just unlucky! Good luck and have fun!! PS We NEVER saw a cruise ship off the beach except at night in the distance and they were actually really beautiful all lit up!

Room Tip: The short part of the hotel on the other side of the elevators
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (908)
  • Hebrew first
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Divers and non Divers alike LOVE the Cozumel Palace. I just returned for my 42nd visit to Cozumel, staying at the Palace the last 6 years. I brought a total of 18 guests. Everyone loved the hotel! The food is beyond explanation! If it is not on the menu, they will make it for you. 4 Restaurants, many choices and all excellent quality!

The rooms came stocked with alcohol, beer, wine and WATER! Not one person was sick on our entire trip!

Diving with Dive Paradise was SPECTACULAR (as always). The Dive company picked us up at the Palace dock every morning.

Why do I keep going back to Cozumel. It is safe!
The island is friendly, and I would allow my daughter to walk to and from the hotel from the town square. It is the last of the true vacation gems in the world!

3 of my guests who were skeptical of traveling to Mexico, have begged me to take them back in a few months; which I plan to do.

Room Tip: If there is 4 in a room, I have gotten the duplex (upstairs/downstair room with a king below and 2...
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

My family stayed for a week at the Cozumel Palace resort and I can't say enough good things about the beauty of our surroundings. The scenery is amazing, the people from hotel check in to servers, to the rec people -- so friendly. Every staff member went up and beyond to make sure we felt at home. It was like we were staying with family. I loved our vacation and can't wait to see this place again!

Room Tip: We had a pool/ocean view room - totally worth it!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Joaquin_Ariztegui, General Manager at Cozumel Palace, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank you so much for staying at Cozumel Palace, for your comments and for taking the time to share them through Tripadvisor, as it is only through constructive comments such as yours that we can make things better.

It is pleasing to note your positive comments, I will be sure to let the team members know that their efforts are appreciated and have not gone unnoticed, knowing that will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

We are happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay al Cozumel Palace.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We have been to the Palace several times, and have always had an excellent vacation. My husband and I and our adult son spent a week, but it was too short. We appreciated all the kindness from the staff, the food was very good, and the $1500 in credits was fantastic. Never had a massage and it was wonderful, the snorkeling trip to the park was great, the boat/snorkeling trip also great, swimming w the dolphins so much fun, the photographer/and free pictures a nice bonus. We also used the credits for tequila and free wine to bring home. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Rent a vehicle to explore the island as it's spectacular!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your first massage, it is a wonderful experience.

Muskegon, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed 9 days over Thanksgiving 2011. From the time we stepped in the door we were pampered. All the staff works very hard to make sure your stay is the best possible. The resort has wide variety of food 24 hours, cozy rooms with comfortable beds and a staff that is there for anything you want. Jacuzzi in the room was a nice touch. We used out resort credits for a dolphin swim, a romantic lobster dinner, snorkeling, wine in our room and a couples massage. Pool side staff are always around to get your drinks and food. It was windy for a couple of days so the staff told us the other side was not so windy. We rented a jeep right at the hotel and went to the other side. It was beautiful and we went to Coconuts to eat. We also took the ferry one day and went to Playa del Carmen and the sister hotel. Since we were staying at the Palace we ate for free there to and the food was amazing. We felt very relaxed and safe.

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

We are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and most important, your 20th Anniversary.

Our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one. We sincerely hope that you will return to Mexico many more times in the future and once again giving us the opportunity to host you at Cozumel Palace. Hope to see you back on your 21st Anniversary.

Waterloo, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We stayed in Cozumel for 10 days - 5 at Hotel Cozumel and 5 at Palace (by choice - we wanted both kinds of vacation). Palace was again, a wonderful choice. Food is amazing, drinks are generous, and staff is superb. It's amazing how they can remember names. The training they must receive is great - they really know how to treat their guests. The rooms are beautiful, and as a small side note, the toiletries are really good! The inroom mini bar is always stocked and the jacuzzi is great (also a good place to rinse dive equipment before going home!). We love the balcony with the hammock - it was a great place to relax and nap. We also had a good view of the nightly entertainment if we didn't feel like being poolside with the others. My husband ordered flowers for our anniversary and they did a wonderful job (he sent them a photo of my wedding bouquet to emulate). We also got resort credits so were able to do the romantic lobster dinner, couples massage, dolphin swim, stingray encounter, a two tank boat dive with the dive shop for both of us and some photos for free.

Food - perfect. Lunch is buffet but they had a great selection of items. Breakfast was buffet as well and was delicious. They have an espresso/cappucino maker so make sure to try one! After I learned this, I enjoyed a number of the best mochas I've ever had. Dinner at all three restaurants (Japanese, Mexican and Italian) was amazing and if you want to have something from the other restaurant, they'll happily comply. Want something not on the menu? Ask - they never turned down a special request. Poolside snacks are delicious - ceviche is not to be skipped. And if you like black licorice, ask for a shot of xtabentun at the pool bar after the sun has been shining on the bottles - YUM! We also loved that we could grab bottles of water before heading downtown for our walks.

Excursions - we were disappointed Coba was only offered one day a week and of course, we missed it. The others were very fun and we used almost all our resort credit on excurions.

Spa - very disappointing. Last time we were here I had a great massage. This time, I scheduled a 50 minute couples massage and used the max credit I could use (cost $315). A 50 min massage for a single is $145 and I'm really not sure why the couples massage was more than twice the price of a single. There was no benefit to scheduling it as a couples massage. My masseuse had a cold and kept coughing - not at all relaxing. She also kept stopping - to wipe her nose? - so I felt like I only got about 35 minutes of massage. I love massages and am not picky, but this was such a disappointment.

Entertainment - very good - the entertainment director is great. We enjoyed the fire show (surprised they were able to continue with the wind!).

Dive shop - we'd heard very mixed reviews and so were prepared for an unsatisfactory dive experience (but we couldn't turn down a free dive trip). We were pleasantly surprised. yes, it's a cattle boat - way too many divers, but they had enough DM's and the boat was very nice and comfortable, not to mention fast. The downside is that this obviously is not a operation for experienced divers - everyone on the boat had rental gear and was a novice except us. Which meant, shorter dives. We wouldn't dive with them again - we are partial to Dive Paradise - unless we got the dives free again. But I had no problem with them, and for novice divers who are nervous - these guys are careful and watch divers closely.

Beach - small but adequate. Snorkeling is good and we had a great shore dive - saw a seahorse.

Pool - small but warm. Nice chairs! Staff is always checking to get drinks.

Resort credit - after check in, we tried to finalize all the excursions, appointments to use our resort credit. We got the whole timeshare sell thing - but after we said no a number of times, backed off. The vacation planners are quite helpful, even if they aren't able to sell you anything.

Romantic dinner - I'm guessing that since the two nights before we were scheduled for our dinner were bad windy days, they pushed all of them together into one night - there were a dozen tables set up so it was really a romantic dinner - just dinner on the beach with a bunch of other couples. It was a delicious dinner though. It was strange - last year, they gave us the bottle of champagne but this year, they just refilled our glasses a couple times. I would have liked to have had the rest of our bottle to enjoy in the jacuzzi.

The staff was aware of our anniversary, but did not acknowledge it which was a bit of a bummer, but no biggie. This is a wonderful location and we'll be back for special occasions.

Room Tip: upgrade from the standard city room so you can get the ocean view - it's amazing.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

We were all happy to help your husband arranging the flower delivery for your anniversary. Congratulations!

Our hope is that every vacation be a memorable and enjoyable one. We sincerely hope that you will return to Mexico many more times in the future and once again giving us the opportunity to host you at Cozumel Palace. Hope to see you back on your 11th Anniversary.

Temple, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We recently visited the Cozumel Palace with a group of 9, and from the moment we set foot inside until they helped arrange our transportation back to the airport, the level of service was incredible. The staff is exceptionally friendly and they go out of their way to make sure that you have what you need and are aware of what they offer as far as dining and entertainment. The facility is very clean and the sunset views looking out over the balcony are beautiful. The resort credit they offered is a great deal, and we were able to participate in a variety of activities we would never have dreamed of. Everyone had a great time and if we return to Cozumel we will certainly be staying at the Palace.

Cordially,

Been to Cozumel Palace? Share your experiences!