“Not as high end as touted!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 58 hotels in Cozumel
Houston, Texas
“Not as high end as touted!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

The staff were excellent and friendly. The food and room were mediocre. The floor in the room was filthy. The hotel was mostly empty and they put us in the furthest room from the center of the resort. The children's play area was broken down and dangerous for my 3 year old. That was a big reason why we chose Presidente. I also thought for the price was way too high for what we got. And I mean WAY TOO HIGH! I booked this hotel because of its high rating on Trip Advisor. I should have paid more attention to the negative feedback. The negative feedback was spot on. The mosquitos were horrible, which isn't their fault, but they should spray the rooms without the guests having to ask every day. My son, who is allergic to mosquitos, got bit several times and was at risk of needing to go to the hospital. The beach is nice. The best restaurant on the property was closed for renovations so there was a restaurant and a bar to choose from. Room service was horrible. I should have stayed at the Marriott instead. Do not go here unless you get a big price break!

Room Tip: Don't pay for the breakfast upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa!

We would like to thank you for taking your time and share your comments, believe me your feedback is really appreciated, we have taken notes of your pleasant recommendations.

We are really sorry for not meeting your expectations; although we never want to know that one of our guest does not has had good experience, comments such as yours allow us to take an honest look at our operations and make necessary improvements.

We will be very please if you allow us to serve you once again in the future.

1,129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Texarkana, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I along with our daughter just returned from a wonderful stay at our favorite Hotel/Resort in Cozumel. Each time on arrival we see familiar faces and a gracious staff that always treat you as a special guest. We stayed 6 days to enjoy the wonderful snorkling and resort facilities. The conceirge staff are always a source of the best information on where to go and eat out. Carlos and Stephenie pointed us to IAL PIE DEL Carbon, a great steak restaraunt for an Angus Steak downtown, the service and food was moderately priced and delicious.

We had many of our meals at the resort which has great food, service, and priced in relation to the quality. We ordered room service several times and believe me the room service was great and served with good food.

We stayed in a room with an outside secluded shower and lush green foliage all around. I my mind this is the only place to stay for a worry free vacation with no surprizes. We are planning on returning in August of this year. We booked through AA Vacations as a package with our flight and it just exceeded our expectations.

Our last day there we ran into a famous astronaut, Col Buz Aldrin, checking in at the front desk and had our picture made with him. We can't say enough about the total resort experience as this is the best hotel on the island.

Room Tip: We are going to ask for a room on the beach side of the hotel on our next visit to make it to get in...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review and positive comments which I am sharing with all the team.

It is very rewarding to read comments like yours since our main goal is to exceed guests' expectations. We continue working on innovation, being authentic and original, and most important in satisfying our customers every time.

I am glad you had another memorable stay and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I think this is the best hotel in Cozumel if you have the money to stay there! It has a very beautiful cove for swimming and snorkeling. It has a natural elegance , for example instead of a marble lobby it has an airy thatched roof and is very Mexican in its decor. The food is great as is the service. It is like a dream to stay at The Presidente and it is one of the oldest hotels in Cozumel , although it was rebuilt after Wilma but in the same style. I went there in the 70's for the first time. Great choice.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

We certainly appreciate your comments about your recent stay at El Presidente, It was a real pleasure served you.

Hopefully you we can see you once again very soon.

Houston, Tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The resort was beautiful, the food was good and the snorkeling was excellent. Only stayed a few days. Next time we will stay longer! The location was very private. The beach was clean, white sand, the water crystal clear and various shades of brilliant aquas and blues. Watched the sun set every night.

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in an ocean view and my daughter stayed in a pool view. The ocean view was m...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2013

Thank you !

We certainly appreciate your comments about your recent stay in our resort, It was a real pleasure served you.

Hopefully we can see you once again very soon.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We took advantage of the deal for 4 nights with breakfast. The Resort was quiet but not empty. The food exceeded expectations. We did go into town for dinner one night and the cost of the meal, the quality of the food and cost for the taxi were more than the resort dinner, we decided to stay on property for meals. Waitstaff is excellent and attentive without being in your face. We kept all our money/things in the safe but none of our belongings were touched except to be organized.
And as another poster mentioned, the attention to detail with the towel arrangements were fun.

We were there to just relax as a couple, so we didn't take advantage of all the things to do. But we are already planning a return if we can figure out a way to make it work with our children.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for have been writing and have been sharing your comments. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team services and facilities. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cordially,

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Fabulous resort! Can't recommend this place highly enough!! This was a family trip for us. The two bedroom ocean suite was the perfect fit for our family of 5 which includes an 8, 6 and 1 year old. The cozy little baby's crib was all set up and ready when we arrived which was perfect for how tired my baby was. The room was luxuriously comfortable. My family and I have a lot of experience traveling and we were blown away by the beauty and tranquility of this place. Staff is very kind and helpful, on top of everything. The resort beaches and snorkeling is perfect for families. Quiet beaches are fun to relax at and watch the kids play and the snorkel spots right off the beach were great for our kids who are beginner snorkelers. Kids club is super fun. My kids didn't want to leave, their activities ranged from planting palm trees, feeding fish off the dock, pool time and even learning to make bracelets. We definitely hope to visit again soon. The island of Cozumel is beautiful and this resort is by far (we did hours of research) the best family resort on the island.

Room Tip: The two bedroom suite is a great size for families. Especially staying a week, you don't feel to...

Thank you !

Hopefully you we can see you once again very soon.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed at El Presidente 27 April to 4 May. For the most part all was as I expected which is impeccable service, food and environment. The food at both El Carabeno and Alfredos is superb. The only problem was a couple new waiters who did not understand English and brought us coffee cream instead of sour cream for our nachos. A couple more snafus like that and we realized some help was new and should have had more in depth training on the basic orders. The drinks are perfect without being overdone. Some people stand out, such as the maid who cleaned our room and helped mop up water that came under the door after the storm and Jose the gardener who worked from dawn to dusk but always had a smile on his face and would present me with a flower every morning while I sat on the patio waiting for my coffee to arrive. My daughter loved the house made pasta at Alfredos and we both savored the after dinner coffee. It was great for a final night in Cozumel.
A couple things need improvement. One is guests that register should have some type of cold drink offered as many, such as myself, have been up since before dawn and spent the entire day travelling to get to the hotel. The second thing is something I deeply resent is the food service charge for all meals and snacks added that is not shown until you check out. Since I always leave a tip that is approximately 20 per cent of the total bill, I find another ten dollars (147.72) added each bill is somewhat insulting. I do hope to return to El Presidente again and hope this policy is rethought, as it may indeed make a difference in my decision where I stay.
I think there must be some type of mosquito control program in effect, as we did not experience one bite while there.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 5100 block are oceanfront and have lovely patios to sit on in the morning and evening.
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments with all the staff.

We can wait to see you again at this “su casa” in Cozumel.

Henry Walther

Been to Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!