“Best Time Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The original spearfishing adventure on Cozumel. Come for the thrill of shooting your own fish. You wanna learn how to spear? Or you just need a guide? Contact us! We will make sure that there will be memories of a lifetime! Check out our website with recent pictures!
Colorado
“Best Time Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were recently in Cozumel and I was able to go spearfishing for my first time ever with Anibal. We had a great day with everyone on the boat getting a fish. Spearfishing today is a fist class operation and I can not wait to go back to Cozumel and fish with them again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
“Even Beginners Will Have a Blast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of spending an afternoon with Anibal learning the ropes of spearfishing in Cozumel. This trip was our first time spearfishing, but Anibal was a great teacher!

He offered detailed instructions about what fish to look for, how to use the guns and how best to free dive safely. We didn’t spend all our time in one spot—when the fish weren’t there Anibal knew where to take us next. Even if you are a beginner, don’t shy away from this trip. Anibal works with you to improve your skills and gives you tips for improving your breath holding out of water.

After the fun out on the boat and reefs, we got to enjoy our catch. While we didn’t use Anibal’s restaurant suggestions, he had some. We stayed at Cozumel Palace. When Anibal returned us to our resort pier with a grocery bag of dead fish, Cozumel Palace didn’t hesitate to cook them up.

I would highly recommend this trip, and when we return to the area Spearfishing Today will be one of our first calls.

Visited April 2013
Florida, United States
“Wonderful time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I set up a three day trip with Spearfishing today out of Playa Del Carmen. I spent two days in Playa with Niko and Diago and had a wonderful time. The variety of structure and things to look at was amazing, nothing like I have back at home. The crew was very accommodating and took adequate time to explain where we were going and what to expect. The trip alone is worth it for the snorkel and viewing aspect, the spearfishing is a bonus. My wife went with me not knowing what to expect and loved swimming with all the fish and the views. The water was beautiful with top to bottom visibility up to 90ft in some spots. My last day I took a ferry to Cozumel to fish with Annible. This is a more remote trip but was my favorite due to the remoteness of the locations and the variety of things to see on the dives. Our last dive of the day was a long drift on the edge of a drop off that seemed to go to depths unknown. This was an amazing spot with all kinds of jacks, triggerfish, grouper ect. Overall I was very well pleased with both operations and would not hesitate to recommended both spots for a great time.

Andrew

Chicago
12 attraction reviews
“Great times!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I had a great time spear fishing with Anibal today. We spent A LOT of time in the water, and I had some great shots....not at all his fault that I can't shoot straight! :)

Even as a snorkelling trip this was an amazing value, what a great time!!!!

Sunnyvale, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
“Perfect package for a spearfishing adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I are new to spearfishing. We had been on just one spearfishing outing before. But we are comfortable in the water and were looking for a real adventure.

Leo and Anibal delivered exactly what we wanted. They offered the instruction, safety and took us out to the best spots. They also provided the necessary equipment, and took care of dispatching/cleaning/filleting the fish we caught. That meant we could concentrate completely on the fun stuff: diving, stalking and shooting fish!

We visited many different sites appropriate for all kinds of ability, from shallow reefs at 25-30 feet to deeper seas at 80-100 feet. The settings are unforgettable. With the awesome visibility in Cozumel, we felt like birds flying high in some of the open ocean deep dives. We saw walls of Permit fish swimming in tight formation around shipwrecks, lone barracudas visiting us out of curiosity, and even a school of 100+ lb tarpons. Since we were beginners, a welcome sight was the oscillating fins of ocean triggerfish. Slow, and gullible, these fish are pretty easy to hit. We shot three of them ourselves, and were surprised by how tasty they were afterwards.

Make sure you make time afterwards to take your fresh caught fish to a local restaurant. Nothing like eating a fish that was swimming in the ocean just a couple hours ago. Leo and Anibal and their crew are happy to clean/fillet the fish for you, or give you one of the fish they caught if you haven't managed to shoot one yourself.

We will definitely be returning to Cozumel and Playa del Carmen to go spearfishing again with Leo and Anibal. In the mean time, we'll be working on our breath hold and diving ability. This experience is great for beginners who can only dive 20-40 feet and stay underwater for less than a minute, but as we could tell from watching Leo and Anibal, it only gets better and more exciting as your ability improves.