If you are looking for a place in Cozumel to go dive, try the Ultimate Dive Experience. Starting with the special check in and ending with the farewell hug, the Ultimate Dive Experience is amazing. Carla who is in charge of the program is also a dive instructor so she knows what divers are looking for and she has made one of the best dive programs I´ve ever witnessed.
When you arrive you are taken to a special reception area, so no lines at all. They have free computers with internet connections there, so you don´t have to pay for the internet like the rest of the guess. Derli is the concierge in the reception area and she was helpful with any request I made including reservations, recommendations on where to eat and where to go around the island. She personally walked me to my room where my luggage was already waiting.
Carla has also set up a separate lounge, Santa Rosa, which serves snacks, small meals, and drinks exclusively to the Ultimate Dive Experience guess. She hosted a meet and greet there and served the best food I had at the resort. The lounge has a nice seating area inside and out with it´s own wait staff to cater to your needs.
The dive shop is on the beach right inside the resort, with it´s own dock, so from your room to the boat is a few minute walk. The dive shop has a storage room to store your gear, or you can take it to your room where they installed special racks for drying dive gear. Mellissa and Jessica that work the front desk at the dive shop, quickly got me signed in, planned my diving for the week, and had me on a dive boat and in the water in a few short minutes. They suggested different dive sites and worked hard to keep the diver experience level the groups about the same, so no inexperienced divers holding more experienced divers from going deep and vice versa. The Dive masters, too many to name but I would consider them all new friends, are some of the most professional I´ve dove with. They kept their briefings short, gave a few tips for the dive site and then found more fish and things than possible to look at.
As for the Diving, well it´s Cozumel, the diving is amazing. With some of the most famous dive sites in the world literally right in front of the resort, boat rides are very quick. We would get on the boat and start gearing up to dive Santa Rosa Wall and Reef, by the time we gear up it was time to jump in the water. A few minutes more to the other sites but all close.
My only complaint might be the food in the main part of the resort. It was not bad but not great either. The bars, lounges and everything else where great. The rooms where amazing clean and well equipped with new TV´s, nice bed, and even a hammock outside of each room. The refrigerator was stocked with soda, beer and lots of bottled water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel resort. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive