We recently returned home from our two week holiday with our Allegro family in Cozumel.
Once again, we experienced a warm wonderful vacation thanks to so many people who work there.
I would like to address some concerns I have seen regarding this hotel. First, if you are going during off-season, be realistic about your expectations. Remember although it is your vacation, it is also a business that requires certain occupancy numbers in order to operate all of the restaurants and bars on site. We choose to go during off-season because it is quieter. No the a la carte restaurants were not open but I did not have any concerns with the food offered. Actually, I really enjoy the selections. Some of my favorite dishes were the empanadas and the fresh cucumber/jicama salad. The off-season provides us with the opportunity to get to know the staff members on a better level. We get to know them and they in turn get to know us. And what wonderful people they are.
Let me give you a rundown of some of my favorite staff members:
Raul-restaurant/ food manager-simply ask him if you don't see something on the menu and he will go out of his way to provide what you want.
Raul-entertainment director (aka) Wizard. He will dazzle you with his creativity and passion for providing the best shows he can for you. While we were there, he had a special day for all of the staff and their children. What a joy to see their kids having so much fun at their parents' workplace. Gives a new meaning to take your kids to work day.
Irene- entertainment pro/ guacamole chef. Irene works tirelessly and is so talented in so many ways. She can change activities all day long and does each one so well too. From yoga stretching to guacamole demos to volleyball to towel art to dancing Is there anything she can't do?
Santos-waiter extrordinaire. Always had my coffee poured as soon as I sat down each morning. Thank you!
Arman- waiter (evening meals) Very helpful and friendly every day. Always had a smile ready and seems to take pleasure in being there.
Felix- waiter (evening) always has a smile for our boys and very attentive.
Fernando and Alberto-bartender/mixologists. Both of these men show so much enjoyment in their jobs. They never steer you wrong with a drink suggestion. (love the Mexican mudslides especially)
Geny Bocelis- our maid who never ceased to amaze me each day with her wonderful towel art creations. Truly a highlight for me every day was to see what she created today. She even arranged all of our kids stuffed animals on their beds and they delighted in seeing that each day too. What a wonderful lady, thank you for all of your hard work.
Ramon- the lifeguard. So friendly and helpful. A reassuring presence on the beach each day.
Ruben- dive shop. So sweet and caring towards everyone. Love ya Ruben.
Anabel- asst manager. I loved getting to talk to you Anabel. You are truly a beautiful person inside and out. I miss you already.
Caroline- facebook watchdog. (and more) Always ready to greet your with a huge smile whenever she is at the front desk. Thank you for all you do.
David- operations manager. I truly enjoyed meeting you David and talking about so many things. Can't wait to try that wine next year.
Manuel- runs the kiosk on the beach. Lots of wonderful jewelry, ceramics and assorted items to browse through. Take some time to paint one of your own as a unique souvenir to take home. Manuel is wonderfully patient with kids. My kids painted several items on this trip.
As it was low season, I found that I made many friends with the staff members. I do not think this would be possible during high season as it becomes much busier with more guests. I feel lucky to call these people my friends and sincerely look forward to returning next year.
As my husband mentioned in his review, the only drawbacks are the presence of the timeshare "sharks" perched at their shack directly outside the main lobby and the zipline area that is not usable. I think this should be removed to help decrease the number of questions/complaints fielded by employees regarding why it isn't open. If guests don't see it, they can't complain or ask about it. Replace it with something that is family friendly such as mini golf. Lots of people can enjoy mini golf with relatively little maintenance required. Just a thought.
Anyway, to all my friends/family at the Allegro Cozumel-we miss you all and can't wait to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Mexico’s Caribbean there is a tiny island just bursting with life – it is Cozumel and the Allegro Cozumel resort. Right on the famous Sand Francisco Beach, two worlds of adventure co-exist: The Fun-in-the-sun beach and the amazing undersea Palancar Reef. Whatever you choose to pursue, Allegro Cozumel places it right at your fingertips. Beach Volleyball, tropical bars, restaurants, and nightclubs keep life on land exciting, while the on-site dive shop and big-game sport-fishing charters offer a gateway into the dazzling marine sanctuary of Cozumel’s waters. And when you awake the next morning, after a relaxing night’s sleep in your comfortable guest room, you’ll find there’s even more to explore, because the adventure never stops at Allegro. For the young ones, there is plenty to do from building sand castles alongside the beautiful powdery white sand beach, get physical at the amazing kid’s multiplay covered playground, catch some giggles at the water park, or take advantage of the many activities offered by the Kids clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Otel, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Allegro Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Occidental Allegro Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Occidental Allegro Hotel
- Occidental Allegro Resort All Inclusive