“Excellent diving with Dive Choice Mexico” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #68 of 260 Activities in Cozumel
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Choice Mexico is specialized in diving with small groups. Go out and scuba dive with us in one of our small fast boats, where dive safety, fun and great experiences go together. Dive Choice Mexico has over 20 years experience teaching diving, so take your Padi Open water course with us and become a new diver. We care about you and your family/friends, and it would be great that you become part of our dive family!The ocean is our office and we like to share it with you!
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Hayden, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent diving with Dive Choice Mexico”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband, mother in law, and I dove with Ricardo in November, 2012 - what a great experience! It was my first time diving since being certified a year ago, and I felt totally comfortable and well cared for. Ricardo was professional and pleasant, and he helped us as needed with extra weight, etc. to ensure we had great dives. We met another couple who said they had been diving with him for years. We never dove with more than four people in our group - I appreciated the small group size. Ricardo also took our input into consideration when choosing dive sites; we had heard sharks were hanging out a particular spot and asked to dive there. He gladly accomodated (though we didn't see sharks until the 2nd dive, which location he chose!). Prior to leaving for Cozumel, we corresponded with Karen via e-mail. She was so helpful and patient in answering questions, setting us up to pay via paypal, etc. Great service and great diving - what else could you want? I highly recommend Dive Choice, and we will definitely dive with them on our next trip to Cozumel.

Visited November 2012
DiveCh0iceMexic0, Owner at Dive Choice Mexico, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Thanks for your kind words! Hope to see you soon back in Cozumel!!! Karen and Ricardo

Washington
“Best dive outfit in Cozumel hands down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I dove with Ricardo and Adrian in the Fall of 2012. We could not have been more pleased with the professional service and good humor of the whole crew. Get down to Cozumel and dive with Dice Choice now!!

Visited October 2012
We are happy that everything worked out so well for your family and thanks for the pictures!!! See you soon!

Karen and Ricardo
Modesto, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
“The best option for diving on Cozumel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The first consideration we had when choosing a dive operation on Cozumel was that they had to either offer baby sitting services for our 8 year old son, or they had to let him go with us on the boat.

In our dozen trips to Cozumel, we've always traveled with family ... until this trip. Historically, family would keep our son busy while we went out to explore the reefs. Dive Choice Mexico was first to come up in my searching so we decided to give them a try. It was a good move.

While we didn't get to meet Karen in person, we spoke with her several times on the phone and by email to confirm our reservations and to arrange details. She's a great lady.

Ricardo came to our condo and we talked about where we wanted to dive the next day. Since this was the first time my son had been out on a 6pack boat, we weren't sure how it would go, so we stayed close to Caleta where we met the boat. You can arrange for dockside pickup from many hotels, check with them.

As seasoned Cozumel divers who have used many of the island's dive companies, we wanted an op that would allow us to dive where and how we wanted. This is it. We stayed near the central reefs to avoid long boat rides, which worked out well for my son who got to snorkel during surface intervals. The boat captain went out of his way to get him to decent areas for seeing stuff. My son had a blast.

Without hesitation, we'll use Dive Choice Mexico again.

Visited October 2012
New York, New York, United States
“Learn, Discover, Have fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I went to Cozumel this August where I have been told that was one of the best place to dive in the world.
After having passed my licence in Tulum, I have been advised to contact Ricardo to dive as he was one of the best instructor around here.
Well that was right ! I enjoyed a whole morning diving with him in tow different places. The equipment was just perfect : size, quality, security.
I have been more than excited to dive with him : he brought us in places where we saw all types of fishes, including sharks, barracudas, and also turtles. It was really the best place I went to dive.

What I really enjoyed as well is how the team was sharing their knowledge of the sea, their passion for diving... In addition, between two immersions, Ricardo and his team shared with us some delicious home made cakes, fresh fruits and water : it was again a great opportunity to discuss with the team and the other divers, making this experience very friendly and totally unique.

No doubt that I would contact him again to dive in Cozumel when I go back there !

Visited August 2012
San Francisco, California
“Signed up for 4 days of diving, ended up doing 8”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We planned a 10 day trip to Cozumel to include 8 days of diving. I contact another dive shop before arriving but could only get in for the last 4 days of our trip. When we arrived we learned of Dive Choice from the information book in the condo we rented. We looked them up on tripadvisor and decided that we could dive with them. Long story short, we cancelled with the 2nd dive shop and stayed with Dive Choice for the entire trip. Ricardo and Karen run the business. They are extremely responsive and safety conscientious. Since we were new with them, when I first contacted them Karen made sure that we were certified, understood our dive experience and (this was a new one for me) since we have our own equipment, made sure that we had them serviced properly. We were picked up at the pier by our condo everyday; they took care of our equipment every day (so we didn't have to log them back and forth). Each day, the dive group on the boat can decide on where to dive. I also wanted to do a twilight dive, which includes an afternoon and night dive, and even though they did not regularly do this, Ricardo accommodated us. If you plan to dive with this team, you should be up front about your level of experience diving and do keep an eye on your dive profile for each dive.
We will be back before the end of the year and will dive with Dive Choice again. Highly recommend them.

Visited July 2012
, Owner at Dive Choice Mexico, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
Well this is the best compliment you could have given us!
See you later in 2012!