“Awesome Seafood” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
McDonough, Georgia, United States
“Awesome Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We found this place searching for good seafood and we were amazed. The food was excellent, the portions were huge and the price was well worth every penny. This place is a must for fresh seafood!!!

Visited June 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Delicious, fresh, and different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Came here on the recommendation of a local and we were so glad we did! We had the octopus, shrimp, and conch civic he, followed by grilled lionfish (their specialty). Everything was so fresh and flavorful... we couldn't get enough!

It's a little off the beaten path, but that allows for lots of exploring the local culture as you wind your way in. It wasn't the cheapest meal I've ever had in Mexico but it was the best (out of a LOT of meals in Mexico, on both coasts!). Try it!

Visited January 2014
Brussels, Belgium
“Grilled lionfish was excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

We wanted to try the famous lionfish and it didn't disappoint us. Excellent fish is a plain butter and garlic sauce. Go to the restaurant on thursday when they have two lionfish plates on the price of one.

Visited June 2014
“Amazing! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

We came probably more that 5 times at this place! Always support the quality of the food and the good service! The food is great! The place is secluded and not many tourists are seen, unless they have a recommendation or guided by a local. Internet is good speed and the prices for the flavors are very nice. Kudos to La perlita

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I LOVE La Perlita!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

La Perlita quickly became my favorite restaurant on Cozumel during my recent stay on the island. I ended up visiting with my honey for dinner twice and breakfast once. Firstly, it is not in the touristy downtown area, so it has a real local neighborhood vibe. I was able to walk from my hotel, but I imagine most people would need to taxi. The restaurant is open air with a lovely thatched roof. They have hand painted tables, chairs, and lanterns hanging from the ceiling. The restaurant doubles as a fish market during the day and they even have their own fishing boats to boot. The restaurant literally catches their own fish! La Perlita is about as fresh as you can get. I tried to order the octopus, but unfortunately they didn't catch any that day. Instead of keeping seafood frozen in the back, they only let you order what was in stock in the sea that morning. The waiters are delightful and kind. My favorite dish was the lion fish, grilled or breaded, it was delicious. Best of all the restaurant is authentic (I saw them making their own toritilla chips) and cheap! The guacamole was only 50 pesos. FIFTY PESOS. The tourist trap restaurants had guacamole three times that price!!

• Visited May 2014