“Not my first pick...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of La Mission

La Mission
Adolfo Rosado Salas entre calle 5 y avenida Rafael E. Melgas (malecon), Cozumel 77600, Mexico
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Mission is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 249 Restaurants in Cozumel
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: entre calle 5 y avenida Rafael E. Melgas (malecon)
“Not my first pick...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

if the highest would be a 3, then it would work like this:
service:1 food:2 atmosphere:3
when i stepped into the restaurant, it felt like the culture. they had a mariachi band and skylight. we ordered our food and the servers didnt check up. i ordered the coconut shrimp. there was absolutly no seasoning or flavor. i would suggest eating somewhere else...

Visited November 2012

Shawnee, Kansas
“Every trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We go here for the surf and turf every trip to Cozumel. We like being downtown so we can walk off our massive dinner. The soup, garlic bread, lobster tail, steak, vegetables, rice and baked potato.... About $23 Enough said,,,

Visited June 2013
Houston
“One of our favorites on the island”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

It had been two years since our last trip to Cozumel but when we returned in June, our first dinner out was at La Mission. We had breakfast there too a few days later. Good food, service and value. Large, fun atmosphere, good for couples, families or groups. Its one of our top three places to eat on the island.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Universal City
“Lobsterlicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have eaten here several times and have not been disappointed. Great food and service. I had lobster this time ( a large one) and it was wonderful! My plate with a margarita was $28. Not bad for lobster. I highly recommend this restaurant.
I also had lobster at Prima which is a top of the building restaurant. Great view. They serve breakfast, lunch and dinner. Italian food and also seafood.
The other restaurant was Al Carbon Los Pies, this restaurant is next door to the Hotel Flamingo on Calle 6 Norte. The restaurant is small but the service wonderful. They fire grill their lobsters. Yummy! At Hotel Flamingo they have their own bar, Aqua, very nice. Definitely worth a visit. Iban, the bartender, very friendly.
Zermatt, the bakery, is across the street. The baked goods there are awesome. Definitely need to stop there for a pecan covered pastry, cupcake or pan de huevo. There isn't a bakery in US that has pastries half as good or fresh. I stop in every time I go to Cozumel.
Ohana's Restaurant is also around the corner. Good food and good service. Friendly neighborhood bar and grill. The shrimp kabob was good; however, I reocmmended that he use larger shrimp.
I rented my jeep from Less Pay located at Hotel Barrucuda. They have a website. I dealt with Carlos and Gabriel. Both very professional and their prices the best in Cozumel. Avis and the others are so expensive. I recommend them to use for car rental.
Unfortunately could never find live music in town. Only at Money Bar located outside of town, they have music Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Fun time.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Michigan
“Good not great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We asked around from several locals and were directed here. The atmosphere was authentic and entertaining. The food was pretty basic but very good. We didn't want to wander too long so it was a nice respite in the middle of the hustle and bustle without going to a chain we could visit at home. I don't get how people visit mexico and go to hooters/senior frogs, but I digress. Worth a visit, but I'm sure there is better if you want to do some exploring.

• Visited June 2013