“Best Beach & Bevs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Carlos'N Charlie's - CLOSED

Carlos'N Charlie's
Av. Rafael E. Melgar No. 551 Local BR-2 | Cozumel, Mexico 77600, Cozumel, Mexico
001(987) 8691646
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Description: Carlos'n Charlie's is a family-friendly, 100% Mexican restaurant, where the genuine personality and subtle humor of Grupo Anderson's founder, Carlos Anderson, is apparent in every detail. In a laid-back, casual setting, guests are free to do as they please as they are entertained by their surroundings - dancing on chairs, comical skit performances, singing and more. The servers work as a team, paying close attention to detail and entertaining guests individually to ensure that each person leaves with an unforgettable memory of the restaurant.
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
“Best Beach & Bevs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Best beach bar ever!
Full of charm and cold drinks ...plenty for the whole family. Water activities (like 10 different types of bounce houses on the water, giant slides, trampolines) and swings/recliners for soaking up the sun and sipping fruity rum drinks!
:>

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Lucedale, Mississippi
“If you like a party atmosphere, this is the place for you!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place is one big party! We walked in at lunch time and were seated immediately. Someone took our drink order quickly but nobody came back to ask about food and there aren't menus on the table. The menu is actually on a large sign that they can move from table to table. When someone came back we asked and they brought it over to us. I got the chicken fajitas and my husband got the ribs. My food was wonderful. Hub said the ribs were good but he's had better.
There was a clown making balloon hats for everyone. Someone came and took our picture and then offered to sell us an edited version. Waiters were running around with squirt guns chasing each other and anybody who wanted to get involved. They also had huge air tanks they sprayed people (only women, that I saw) with. It appeared the point was to see if any wardrobe malfunctions would happen....and they did. Two ladies also came around and offered shots. They blow a whistle to capture attention while you shoot two shots. I know this because my husband did it...and immediately regretted it once the body rubbing began. They give you a bit of a rub down of sorts after the shots. All I will say is he should have listened to me. :) I saw a conga line going on at one point and people can get up and dance if they wish.

The music is incredibly loud. You have to shout to be heard. The drinks are HUGE. I ordered a margarita and it came out in a yard size glass. Hub ordered a coke and his came out in the same glass.

I probably wouldn't choose this place again, but it was definitely an experience! :)

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio
“So much fun, Food OK and Loud”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We took two small kids here off of our cruise ship, They had fun, but they are easy to please. they liked watching all of the antics around them, the balloon clown, the conga line, etc. The food is okay. The drinks are huge. It's loud if you're with a kid who gets scared of noises.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tampa, Florida
“out of control”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Kawasaki shots a very loud atmosphere good time a unexpected treatment and awesome time. where servers make it the trip of a lifetime. i felt like spring break 99 all over again. but also they have a patio area family friendly and good food where they have a clown making creation for the kids. and whoever like that sort of stuff .

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The service was sooo bad that I left a horrible tip and I'm certain that they thought I was just a cheap tourist. They basically ignored us while lavishing attention on the tables surrounding us, it was if there was an invisibility barrier around us and we did nothing to warrant such treatment. The food was good but very expensive.

Visited December 2012