Hotel Mayaland was an ideal place to stay for our visit to Chitzen Itza. It was the nicest hotel way stayed at during our drive around the Yucatan peninsula. Hotel Mayaland is literally located next to the entrance of Chitzen Itza – we woke up, had a enjoyed a nice breakfast buffet at their restaurant, and walked right over to the entrance. We had a couple of hours of sightseeing before the tour buses from Cancun started showing up. From the hotel lobby you can look out and watch the sunset over the “Observatory” building of Chitzen Itza.
Hotel Mayaland is a huge complex. In addition to the main hotel building, there are separate bungalows spread out over several acres of nicely groomed landscape. There are multiple pools, shops and restaurants. We stayed in room C-3 of the hotel, which had a jacuzzi tub in the large bathroom.
Despite the luxury status of the hotel, it was not expensive. We prepaid for a room about 5 months before our arrival and got a rate of $69 US per night. What a bargain – nice place and an unbeatable price.
We ate breakfast at the hotel two mornings. There are lot of birds to be seen in the morning. Several parrots, and brightly colored songbirds. There was even a peacock wandering boldly through the open air dining area
- Also Known As:
- Hotel And Bungalows Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel Chichén Itzá
- Hotel Mayaland
- Mayaland Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-Class resort in a unique tropical setting inside the Chichen Itza Arqueological Park. One of the 100 hotels on National Geographic "The Stay List" 2009 and again in one of the "133 Hotels we love, December 2011. Conde Nast Reader's One of the 100 Top Hotels in the World 2003. Conde Nast Gold List 2004. The most awarded resort in Yucatan. A member of the Rain Forest Alliance. 100% Mayan staff. Over 100 acres of unique tropical gardens. Award winning restaurants serving Mayan, Yucatecan, Mexican and International delicacies. Specialty stores. The Choco Story Museum store. Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Otel, Venere and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel & Bungalows Mayaland reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.