Visiting the Mayan Ruins of Chichen Itza early in the morning before the heat of the day, whilst the sun is low in the sky, and most importantly, before the hordes from the Cancun tour buses arrive is the best way to have this once in a lifetime experience. To do this it is easiest to stay near the site. Hacienda Chichen is a five minute walk to the quieter south entrance which opens at 8.00am. It is also an amazing place to stay even if it were not next door to one of the wonders of the world. We ate a great dinner, excellent breakfast and fine lunch there; swam in the pool, swung in the hammocks and wandered the beautiful gardens. And they organised a guide to meet us at the hotel and take us around Chichen Itza for two hours. For about USD50.00. Once in a lifetime. If you can afford to do Chichen Itza this way… then do it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco-friendly boutique hotel, the Hacienda Chichen is committed to sustainable tourism and is devoted to Mayan culture and local community welfare. The resort consciously promotes an eco friendly environment rooted in Mayan tradition, which presents guests with plenty of romantic charm. An ambiance of ‘home away from home’ welcomes the Hacienda Chichen guests. The property’s close proximity to the adjourning Chichen Itza ruins is a major plus for those travelers wishing to avoid the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Chichen And Yaxkin Spa
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel Chichen Itza
- Hotel Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin