Having read that an overnight stay at Chichen is ideal for seeing the ruins in the morning, before the crowds arrive, I chose Hacienda Chichen as likely the quietest of the options, and that proved to be true. On the other hand, the ruins are busy at all times of day, what with tours that arrive early, craft sellers, and other people trying to beat the crowds!
The hotel is comprised of a set of bungalows distributed throughout a very pleasant garden, some at quite a distance from the reception area and diningroom. They are each named for a famous archaeologist who worked at Chichen. There is a nice pool and beautiful grounds. The bungalows house three or four separate guest accommodations and the one I stayed in had both a large sitting room and a nice bedroom, a shower bath, and a shared porch/patio. Good air conditioning, ceiling fans and a mini fridge along with complimentary bottled water and a coffee maker completed the ammenities. It was a cool night and the windows opened to the breeze, but they did not lock properly should you want to make your room secure, and there was no in-room safe. There are no telephones, television, or wifi in the rooms. There was supposed to be wifi in the bar area, which is an outdoor patio, but it did not connect to the internet, so in effect there was no wifi. Another disappointment was that the check in process was slow. With only one person receiving guests, and a big book of spa treatments to try to sell to each guest, there was a long wait to be registered and gain access to one's room. Finally, this is an expensive place to stay, and while the accommodations were comfortable and the setting unique, the service did not match the price.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel Chichen Itza
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel
- Hacienda Chichen And Yaxkin Spa
- Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin Hotel
- Hotel Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco-friendly boutique hotel, the Hacienda Chichen is committed to sustainable tourism and is devoted to Mayan culture and local community welfare. The resort consciously promotes an eco friendly environment rooted in Mayan tradition, which presents guests with plenty of romantic charm. An ambiance of ‘home away from home’ welcomes the Hacienda Chichen guests. The property’s close proximity to the adjourning Chichen Itza ruins is a major plus for those travelers wishing to avoid the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.