Real surprise and hidden secret of Chichen Itza, if you want to taste CI the traditional way. They have a great Hacienda style resort, with their own organic vegetable garden and speciall access ruins, refreshing swimming pool and rooms without TV and phones. Very close to Chichen Itza ruin entrance.
We checked in at around 3-4 PM and settle down nicely. Explored the property and enjoyed the evening light and sound show in CI ruins park. After a sound sleep that night returned to the ruins again next day morning and experienced the 7th wonder of the world fully till noon.
Also enjoyed their special (a bit costly) food for dinner and breakfast.
Overall, if you like nature (plenty of birds, plants,trees to explore onsite) and feel how archeologists must have lived here for bringing the wonder of chichen Itza to us, this is the place to stay at.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An eco-friendly boutique hotel, the Hacienda Chichen is committed to sustainable tourism and is devoted to Mayan culture and local community welfare. The resort consciously promotes an eco friendly environment rooted in Mayan tradition, which presents guests with plenty of romantic charm. An ambiance of ‘home away from home’ welcomes the Hacienda Chichen guests. The property’s close proximity to the adjourning Chichen Itza ruins is a major plus for those travelers wishing to avoid the crowds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Chichen And Yaxkin Spa
- Hacienda Chichen & Yaxkin Hotel Chichen Itza
- Hotel Hacienda Chichen Yaxkin