“Good all round hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Luis Donaldo Colosio, Km. 12.5, Lote 1, SMZA. 301, Cancun 77560, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
england
“Good all round hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2010

Arrived in Cancun, collected the car and off I went to the Mariott. I did not have a reservation but everything was done pretty quickly and I was in the pool in no time at all. It is a great hotel and so convenient if you want to have it as a base to explore the Yucatan peninsula. The pool is nice, breakfast excellent, complimentary bottle of water in room, and cold water in lobby, free internet access, and good food. All the stranded tourists with flight cancellations arrive there (Delta seems to have a lot of problems these days), All in all it was extremely convenient for what I needed and the staff are all very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2010

We arrived at midnight, so instead of paying a full day for an all-inclusive place down the coast (and driving at night in Mexico is asking for an accident) we stayed here. It's very nice for a Courtyard. I used Marriott points - very nice hotel for level 3. Pretty new building and everything was in good shape. Has a more Hispanic feel with the design - Courtyards outside the US are typcially nicer. They were out of rooms with 2 beds so they gave us 2 rooms with a king each instead. Rooms facing the main road have some street noise, so if you sleep light get one facing the pool or the side at least. While I wouldn't spend a whole vacation in Cancun here, it's perfect for a late flight in or early flight out.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

This seems to be the hotel for cancelled or delay flights. At least this was my observation the one night I had to stay in Cancun because my flight home was cancelled. Having your flight home cancelled sucks but waiting outside in the humid Cancun heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes for the free shuttle sucked even more. Upon arriving at the hotel I was greeted with a smile and was quickly accommodated. We put our luggage away and headed to the restaurant for a much needed drink. We ordered a burger and fajitas which were actually really good. The down fall was that they only accepted pesos and did not convert currency in the hotel. There is nothing within walking distance either to do so but you can use your credit card.
For the rest of the night we didn't bother with the swimming pool. We satyed in bed and watched tv and used there free internet. I was pleasantly surprised by the wide array of channels and free internet service.
I would not choose to stay here on a visit to Cancun but it's a pretty good airport hotel for the delayed traveler.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

Our Spirit Airlines flight home was cancelled (actually first we were bumped, then the whole flight was scrapped). The airline put everyone up at this hotel, transport to and from, as well as meal vouchers for 3 meals a day. (they also threw in round trip airfare next time for the inconvenience). Anyhow..this hotel came right away to pick us up...and they had a room ready immediately as well. The staff was very friendly and the grounds are really quite lovely. The room was comfortable and while it wasn't spacious or posh by any means, under such circumstances, it really was comfortable & clean. There was an in room safe, happy to say.
There is a large swimming pool here which we didn't use but the hot tub was not the built in type. It was more like what you might find in someones back yard. We didn't use that either but did see others use it. The grounds behind the hotel are really quite lovely. While this is tucked back from the street and doesn't have pleasant side views (industrial)...its not a bad place for an overnighter.
I wanted to add that this hotel has an agreement with the Omni Hotel in the hotel zone on the ocean. Courtyards bus will take you there, they have a couple of trips per morning..and they come back for you at 6pm. Courtyard guests get discounts on food and drinks while at the Omni. We ended up buying a day pass while at the Omni ($79 US)..which gave us the all-inclusive option for the day. Great sushi there! This added benefit of being able to use the Omni facilities causes me to give the Courtyard high marks overall. You tell the front desk what time you need to be at the airport on departure day and they have a free shuttle bus waiting for you.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

I have never felt less welcome than in the Mariott Courtyard hotel in Cancun. I was bumped from a Delta flight on 10 April and arrived in the early morning at your hotel. Breakfast was fine until your MANAGER of the restaurant told me to "chill out" even before I could ask him why I was receiving a bill since Delta was covering the costs. That was an insult, but it was compounded later by his refusal to even acknowledge that he had said such a thing to me. In addition, at lunch I was asked FOUR times if I had paid for the beer I had ordered. I finally paid for the beer, although I did not drink any of it or finish lunch. In fact, I did not bother to use the voucher for dinner either. I do not trust your hotel restaurant to provide clean and healthy food now, in addition to treating the customers courteously. The front desk tried to ameliorate the situation, but I still feel insulted and will certainly think twice before I ever book a room with your firm.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Cancun unexpectedly and were very impressed with the property and staff. Our flight home was canceled, so this was our "home" for the night courtesy of the airline. The hotel management and staff handled the sudden influx of grumpy "guests" very professionally and with a pleasant attitude. They quickly delivered a delicious evening meal in the form of a buffet, which was some of the best food we'd eaten during our stay in Cancun. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the pool area absolutely lovely. It was dark when we arrived and left, so we didn't see the location in relation to the beach, but I would thoroughly recommend this hotel for individuals, couples or a family who want to enjoy the loveliness of Cancun while on a budget. It is very affordable and well worth the money.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

nice hotel for the money,flew in early and stayed one night.no trouble with airport shuttle,nice resturant,hard working staff,clean hotel

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport? Share your experiences!