“I would rather sleep on the beach!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport

You added Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Blvd. Luis Donaldo Colosio, Km. 12.5, Lote 1, SMZA. 301, Cancun 77560, Mexico   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #50 of 179 Hotels in Cancun
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rahway, New Jersey
“I would rather sleep on the beach!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is located just outside the Cancun Airport. So for those that are not staying in the immediate area it may seem like a good option, but there are some real problems here. The hotel has a moisture problem. I noticed dehumidifiers on each floor. I was on the fourth floor and I did know why they had them going. It rained that night too, but the really issue is that there is mold. I went to the restaurant in the lobby of the hotel for dinner. I was so congested after an hour and half. I went to my room and it was the same. I turned off the air and in a few hours my congestion was gone but the room was to hot to stay in with out the air on. The windows don't open. The rooms are very dark and so I had to turn on all the lights just to get a feeling of well being as did my colleagues. I returned from dinner to take a shower and there were no towels. I called the front desk and waited. I called again after 40 minutes and then after a another 20 minutes. I feel asleep. The next morning I had to leave very early and so I called the front desk and the towels arrived immediately. The mattress was worn on both sides. I had to sleep in the middle of the bed. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Lydia G, Gerente at Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Ms. Aleceia B.

It was with dismay that I learned of your unpleasant experience at our hotel due to the humidity as well as with the inconsistent supply of towels in your room. Please accept our apologies and our assurance that we have taken measures to prevent such occurrence.

Thank you very much for your input, it is very useful to us. It is allowing us to address our opportunities.

In case you accept to give us the opportunity to serve you better, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. My email is lydia.garcia@courtyardcancun.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The pool and public areas are quite nice for a Courtyard Hotel. The outstanding feature is the friendly staff. Humberto , a waiter, was exceptionally friendly. We feel so fortunate to have met him as his positive attitude and dedication to exceptional service was inspiring. Simon at the front desk also exhibited the " can do" attitude. The room was a little disappointing since it was so damp and had a musty smell. The service to the beach and airport were great perks. We will stay here again when visiting Cancun.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Due to unfortunate circumstances (plane unflyable), we were put up at the Marriott. The room was very nice for one person. King Size Bed, Large Bathroom with plenty of towels, tv, etc.

The only complaint I would give is the buffett meal and breakfast in a bag they served us. Could have been a little better. Chicken was dry. The Key Lime Pie was excellent though!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night after a long holiday in a more remote location. It was very nice with a good size room and great bathroom, very comfy bed and bedding. It was spotless and had all the amenities like a fridge, coffee maker, flat screen tv, etc. the restaurant was good, we ate a supper here and a buffet breakfast the next morning, which was included in the price we paid. Both meals were very good and the breakfast buffet was really well done. There's a nice courtyard that you can sit outside and dine in.
The pool area is really nice with lots of places to sit and a shallow water entry that you can sit and relax in a few inches of water.
The hotel offers every 1/2 hour service to the airport which is convienient and comfortable. The driver was super nice.
We would certainly stay here again. It was perfect to relax and catch our breath after a wonderful long adventure.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Missing my flight and having to wait for next day to travel, this hotel was recommended. It was actually a better experience than a lot of better hotels and resorts I have stayed at. Front desk was great and welcoming.

Room-Beautiful. It was clean and smelled great. Very comfortable, plush and modern.

Food-Restaurant offered a discount and that was very much appreciated. Food was very good and presentation as well

Pool- Clean and decent size for a last minute hotel.

Location- There isn't much nearby, but you can walk to a 7/11. Don't recommend it at night because its dark and you are walking alongside road on a narrow sidewalk so try to make it before sun down.
Definitely a place to stay if you want to get away and relax and be close to airport.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Bucharest, Bucuresti, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I think this hotel is perfect to stay only 1 night. After 20 hours of flights, it was the best location to rest until next day. I appreciate the hospitality of the employees and the cleaning.it was very quite, clean, big room. The vue isnt so great, i guess our windows was near to a bus station. As a total opinion i think isnt the same as others Mariott Hotel. The room for 1 night was around 100 usd and the breakfast wasnt included.Next time we will choose the same if we will need to stay only 1 night.

• Stayed August 2013
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Had to get a early morning flight and wanted to be close to the airport so I felt this was the best option. As others have said the rooms are clean, hotel is quiet, beds are very comfortable and the price is reasonable. They have a large /garden/pool area which also has a free-standing hot tub. The service by the way is excellent. Everyone that I encountered was helpful, smiling and willing to accommodate our needs. I found the prices in the restaurant a little pricey but the food and service couldn't be beat. Overall I'd say that you can't go wrong if you need an airport hotel in Cancun.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Cancun Airport? Share your experiences!